• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Introducing the New Xbox Mastercard

BlackTron

I just think people don't know anything about money when they act and think like this, and they think they know everything, and it's frustrating to say the least.

Us younger people have already surpassed the older folks with knowledge and even money some of us have, and they still think we should respect them as such.

No, they need to respect me.

Don't get me started. If I try to give my dad financial advice, he will only follow half of the advice, the half that will make things worse if he ignores the rest of it.

reinking

Gold Member
Sony, make it happen for Playstation users too, you already have Playstation Stars (which sucks ass though).
They have one. I had it for years but the bank could not seem to prevent someone from changing my shipping address and trying to use the card. They were great at preventing the use of the card. Outstanding. I never saw a charge. However, they could not explain to me how someone was able to change my shipping address. After the third time, all within a month of each other, it was time to move on.

A few things that stood out. For one, the card had changed to Comenity Bank, which does not have a good record. Second, they were not able to access my online account so I assume that they were able to get my shipping address changed over the phone but could not change much else. That, or something worse. Either way, I felt I could no longer trust that bank. Which sucks because I was getting a ton of reward points to pay for PS+ and purchase 2-3 games a year. I switched to Apple card which has been a fantastic card with Apple pay and some of the other features.

I will stress to everyone that gets any of these cards. Those rewards do you no good if you do not pay off the balance each month. You will lose money (possibly lots of it) in the long run if you can't stay on top of it.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
They've had one for years.

Spend 3,000 in a year to get 50% off a Playstation Plus Membership? Damn, that is kind of nice with the absurd price hike.

OT: I use an Apple Card, so I can't blame MS joining the CC business. Credit Card aren't evil, as long as you are responsible.

FeralEcho

Not as cool as the Xbox Live Diamond card

image_028.jpg
Christian Bale GIF by PeacockTV

supernova8

Banned
I will use that Mastercard to buy new PC parts.
31.99% APR! Thats the highest I've ever seen.
Good luck everyone. Don't forget to pay that sucker off every month.
I remember back in my younger years I used to pay for stuff in instalments. Absolutely charged through the nose on interest but I was young and clueless, couldn't resist buying shit that I didn't need and couldn't afford.

Now have learned my lesson and only use credit card for convenience, pay it off every month and rack up the points.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
From the pic: It offers contactless payment but you have a contact chip visible.
Means it's got an antenna inside and not just the plastic. So it's a real card to be used in the field, not only royalty card to collect gift points.
I could speak to you guys for hours about cards... It's incredibly complex and probably very boring

I had to put this into Bing Image Creator. I gave it nothing in the prompts "create an image of a gamer using an Xbox credit card to buy games".

OIG.02fazD0JuUpYKzG6hOVx

Last edited:
Top Bottom