• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft releases Stormcloud Vapor Special Edition Controller

sainraja

I feel like something has changed... their recent controllers don't seem as good (visually) to me as they used to be. I know I got more than I needed at that time lol.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Doesn't look that bad, but would be better if the buttons and d-pad had a different collor.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
A million different controllers, you'd think they'd have one with hall effect sensors by now. Nope, here's one that smells like pizza.

That’d be great, but none of the big three are offering that - even on their $200 “pro” models.

Three

They are really putting Sony and Nintendo to shame with those colorways tbh. They will occasionally have a dumb idea like those TMNT ones, but the majority look on-point.
True, but the xbox design lab is pretty cool and enough. You can just make your own. Include these patterns there instead and you're golden.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
NeoGAF: Battle Passes are bad.

Also NeoGAF: Look at how pretty this new controller looks. I want one!

The duality of man I suppose.

A.Romero

NeoGAF: Battle Passes are bad.

Also NeoGAF: Look at how pretty this new controller looks. I want one!

The duality of man I suppose.
How do they compare?

Not that I think any of them are bad per se but I can see why people wouldn't like battle passes but fail to see how having more options for controllers could be bad... I mean, you do know you don't have to buy one just because they release them, right?

Is a see through controller really too much to ask for?

Did you miss on the 20th anniversary one?

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
How do they compare?

Not that I think any of them are bad per se but I can see why people wouldn't like battle passes but fail to see how having more options for controllers could be bad... I mean, you do know you don't have to buy one just because they release them, right?

I got two. One of my nephew and one for me... It's a great controller but I hate how clicky the dpad and lb/rb are. And it says phills bs on the battery door :p

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
How do they compare?

They're two cosmetics that don't affect gameplay.

A.Romero

I got two. One of my nephew and one for me... It's a great controller but I hate how clicky the dpad and lb/rb are. And it says phills bs on the battery door :p

Really? I got one but it's still in the box. What does it say?

Robb

Gold Member
That’s probably one of the best I’ve seen them do, looks very nice.

If only they spent the same amount of time making games as making controllers.

A.Romero

Does it have to impact gameplay to be worthwhile? I mean, it's like saying there is no point having cars in different colors because performance is the same. Do you really think that?

The majority of people like personlizing things, from clothes to their phone cover. Why should gaming be different?

For example, I'm glad there are options for the PS5 controller because I'm not big on white. When I got a second controller I got a black one.

Last edited:

Fbh

But does it smell like a Stormcloud

At least the controller is a tangible item with a real life use and real life resell value.
Unlike literally everything you get in a battle pass

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Really? I got one but it's still in the box. What does it say?
46bgWXQ.jpg

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Does it have to impact gameplay to be worthwhile? I mean, it's like saying there is no point having cars in different colors because performance is the same. Do you really think that?

The majority of people like personlizing things, from clothes to their phone cover. Why should gaming be different?

For example, I'm glad there are options for the PS5 controller because I'm not big on white. When I got a second controller I got a black one.

You misunderstand. Battle Passes give players meaningless cosmetics that don't impact gameplay. I don't interact with them. These controllers do the same thing. I don't interact with these either.

My point was that one gets attacked while the other doesn't.

But does it smell like a Stormcloud

At least the controller is a tangible item with a real life use and real life resell value.
Unlike literally everything you get in a battle pass

Accounts are frequently sold online, which means they have real life resell value too.

calistan

They should release a model with replaceable magnetic faceplates, like Scuf does. £30 a go, they charge for those.

Incidentally, those little teflon rings around the joystick cutouts in the Scuf faceplates are excellent, they make a huge difference to the way the sticks feel when scraping around the edge. Microsoft should copy that too. It's the same mechanism as the basic Microsoft sticks but it feels so much smoother on the Scuf.

HkAdBPn.jpg

IFireflyl

Gold Member

I also have two. I don't have Phil's comments on them, because I have rechargeable batteries that use a different cover. You might look into this:

61x9uh1jm4L._AC_SX679_.jpg

61Z2ILZnAnL._AC_SX679_.jpg

615aU3RAGML._AC_SX679_.jpg

They fit the controllers perfectly.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
After the TMNT controller, I was hoping for a vape battery built in.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

Yes, the teams making these controller designs are the ones responsible for making games 🙄

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE
Yeah, regardless of who's making them, it looks bad to just have a constant stream of hardware and jack shit coming on the software front. I mean, that will shortly be resolved for them, but seriously they're milking the cow with these controllers.

Codes 208

Cool, dont care, i want a transparent ala the og green xbox
How do they compare?

The 20th anniversary one was in high demand and lasted on shelves for like a week. It may not as well have existed

The headset however i still find at target here and there

Last edited:

A.Romero

Cool, dont care, i want a transparent ala the og green xbox

The 20th anniversary one was in high demand and lasted on shelves for like a week. It may not as well have existed

The headset however i still find at target here and there

Didn't know it was so scarce. It can be found for about $150 in my country new but that's a bit too expensive for what it is.

calistan

Didn't know it was so scarce. It can be found for about $150 in my country new but that's a bit too expensive for what it is.
They were on sale here (UK) for months after release. I was kind of disappointed, because I got one as soon as I heard about them, expecting them to be rare, but Amazon had them readily available for a long time afterwards. There are a lot of them on eBay right now for a normal price. I'd say if somebody's selling it in the original box then it has probably been kept in good condition (I always throw the boxes away on mine, they get plenty of use).

Top Bottom