• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming July 2013: Filled with unethical beverages, like Lipton Brisk Iced Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogloo

Haha I literally played at any free time I had and focused on completing missions as quickly as I could. I also ran the coin magnet and lucky last gadgets.

Since I only spent .99 on the game, that's a damn good price:play time ratio!

DF71FEE3-5285-4586-BD8C-F4F3B6C9CC26-2474-00000134E200900A_zpscbdd7d31.jpg

What's your best score?

mr_toa

Iesabel has made me consider revisiting an old favorite that I never finished. I encourage anyone who likes these Diablo style hack-n-slash games to try one of the absolute best underrated gems on the system. I daresay I like it a more than Orc...

Pocket RPG.

I've been leaning on getting this, for my Nexus 7 though, looks like a cool title to play for those long holiday drives :).

Btw. what is that
more than Orc..
game you couldn't bring yourself to write out fully? :p

heringer

Just noticed Orc got a big update since last time I played. Never finished the game due to boredom (game was too easy), but apparently they added two new difficulty settings. And autorun!

Did they touch the graphics? From the screenshots it looks better than I remember.

Guess I'll try the game again.

SmokyDave

I need to get on this Alpaca train. Downloaded it.

Also picked up King of Dragon's Pass. It's the sort of thing I'd normally avoid like the plague, but I really fancy getting into a 'deep' game, so I figured I might as well give it a go.

heringer

I need to get on this Alpaca train. Downloaded it.

Also picked up King of Dragon's Pass. It's the sort of thing I'd normally avoid like the plague, but I really fancy getting into a 'deep' game, so I figured I might as well give it a go.

Make sure to read through the whole manual.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Due to a gifting mistake I made last month, I ended up with an extra FFT code for the Canadian App Store that I'd like to sell.

Is anyone interested in buying Final Fantasy: Tactics for iPad for %50 off?

The game currently costs $17.99, but I'm selling it for $8.99 cause I bought this code during the last sale.

If you're interested please send me a PM and we can arrange something through Paypal. Again, please note this is for the Canadian App Store only.

Also try the BUY/SELL/TRADE thread.

And if nothing comes of it, then we'll arrange something together for the next iOS challenge.

kinda lost interest in emulators on ios devices since like... iphone 3g days lol. Kills battery life and controls just don't work all to one's liking. Rpgs is about the most playable, but still.

Got a psp around for my emulator needs.

okno

I expect the developer "Sea Xray AS" and it's owner to become permanently banned from developing iOS apps in the very near future. :p

I wouldn't be surprised if it were as early as tomorrow! Deleted it as soon as I tried it. It even lets you download ROMs directly to your phone, kind of neat, but also made me pretty nervous.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

I haven't tested this with this emu but installing it has the potential of breaking your iOS 7 install necessitating a reset/restore. The enterprise sideloading program is a bit buggy on iOS 7 currently and can stop apps from opening after using it to install something. It sometimes doesn't remove it's adhoc installers properly, putting the phone in perpetual 'im installing apps mode' even though it's not.

Heel

'Transport Tycoon' is Headed to iOS Later This Year

Originally released in 1994, Transport Tycoon is still considered one of the best tycoon-style games out there. We just got word that this original classic is being "painstakingly revised" for the touchscreen and apparently "retaining every element" that made the original so great... Which, should be music to everyone's proverbial ears.

This remake is even being both designed and directed by Chris Sawyer, the original creator of this game and both Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and 2. He's teamed up with Origin8, who are responsible for the Sentinel series of tower defense games along with several other fantastic iOS titles.

This is fantastic.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tiny Wings so frustrating... World 9 ... Fuck me.

heringer

Sine Mora controls like shit.

Until you get a Fling attachment that is. Then it works like you would expect from an analog stick (more like circle pad). :)

It's Bastion all over again. Best iPad accessory, you guys are missing out.

Anyway game is pretty fun. Graphics took a big hit coming from Vita though, even on iPad 4.

PittaGAF

Just completed Sine Mora, ranking around 200 in the world leader boards.

AWESOME game, really really awesome, I had a total blast.
First thing I'll do tomorrow will be a re run of the story mode, I'm sure I'll improve the score a lot now.

The story went from unintelligible to 'maybe...' to a very nice WTF twist.
Some sectors and bosses were just memorable.

Considering I LOVED this one but I hate bullet hell games...which other similar recent games exists on any platform?

SmokyDave

Man, that King of Dragon's Pass is dangerous. I started farting around with it and before I knew it, 5 hours had passed. I don't think I'm doing all that well on my first play through (my people are constantly on the brink of starvation and I totally ignored the heroquests for ages), but I'm really enjoying it and looking forward to my next play through, when I hope to rule with some degree of competency.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Got one of the endings in Alpaca, I'll do the different evo when I get to the
god x god + humans choice
again.

By the way, today I noticed there's a prequel. :lol I'll install that after I'm done with the first one.

It seems pointless to me...?
Yeah, it's more of an interactive screensaver thing. Useful when you need some seconds of mindless screen tapping distraction and the evolutions and descriptions are amusing. I was missing an app like this, last one of its kind that got me engaged (lol) was Tiny Tower and that was months ago.

RustyO

'Transport Tycoon' is Headed to iOS Later This Year

Originally released in 1994, Transport Tycoon is still considered one of the best tycoon-style games out there. We just got word that this original classic is being "painstakingly revised" for the touchscreen and apparently "retaining every element" that made the original so great... Which, should be music to everyone's proverbial ears.

This remake is even being both designed and directed by Chris Sawyer, the original creator of this game and both Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and 2. He's teamed up with Origin8, who are responsible for the Sentinel series of tower defense games along with several other fantastic iOS titles.

This is fantastic.

Does that include the retarded AI?

I love me some TTDE; still have the original cd kicking around somewhere (prefer classic and desert; winter is too many mountians; and candy is too shiny) but damn is the AI just ridiculous in that game.

SeanR1221

So I gave Clash of Clans a try and before my shield is over I'm already over it. It's just...boring :/

I can never get into these games. All my friends play the Simpsons one.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Chopper Mike is free

Ymmv and the first impression wasn't good but now I find it strangely captivating and I think the physics, weight and the controls are some of the best out there on iOS, spot on: dunno how and why they work but they do, and incredibly well at that. Game's definitely more than the sum of its parts, I mean the music is terrible but so terrible is good and catchy at the same time, the graphics are super simplistic but they are so clean and so... round that I've become accustomed to them and grown to like 'em for what they are. Also I now hate 3 stars game but its formula isn't really that of the usual 3 stars game since to land you've gotta get the gems first, so it's more of a time-attack formula and stars say how well you've done.

Again, I expect most of you to shit on it and mind you it is far from outstanding don't get me wrong, but what the hell I think it's worth the time to play it a bit and have fun with it.

trailer

PFD

Chopper Mike is free

Ymmv and the first impression wasn't good but now I find it strangely captivating and I think the physics, weight and the controls are some of the best out there, spot on: dunno how and why the work but they do, and incredibly well at that. It's definitely more than the sum of its parts, I mean the music is terrible but so terrible is good and catchy at the same time, the graphics are super simplistic but they are so clean and so... round that I've become accustomed to them and grown to like 'em for what they are. Also I now hate 3 stars game but it's formula isn't really that of a 3 stars game since to land you've gotta get the gems first, so it's more of a time-attack formula and stars say how well you've done.

Again, I expect most of you to shit on it, but what the hell I think it's worth the time to play it a bit and have fun with it.

trailer

I remember when this came out. It is a good game, and I believe it was made by a gaffer?

igor

Uh.

It is now stupid easy to get GBA games on your iPhone without jailbreaking. TA has the details.

Just tried it and it is simple and very fast.

This is crazy, I am playing Pokemon and Mother 3 on my iPhone without jailbreaking it :O

...MOTHER 3!

Needless to say, any other genre is unplayable but for jRPGs touch controls are fine.
The sound is bit choppy (awful) but I guess you can't have everything.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
We just released an update for Swords & Arrows:

- Adding in-game hints & help (can be turned on & off in "Options").
- Adding shiny new checkboxes to the "Options"-view.
- Adding the option for you to turn off turn timeouts when playing with friends.
- Giving the game a new notification sound.
- Improving the friends-list when you invite friends for a match.
- Fixing various bugs.

https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/id560917620?mt=8&affId=1736887

Got lots of other improvements and additions in the works, so stay tuned! Also, we recently passed 1000 players (which feels like a big deal to us, at least!), so big thanks to all of my fellow NeoGAFers for trying out our game! :)

PittaGAF

We just released an update for Swords & Arrows:

- Adding in-game hints & help (can be turned on & off in "Options").
- Adding shiny new checkboxes to the "Options"-view.
- Adding the option for you to turn off turn timeouts when playing with friends.
- Giving the game a new notification sound.
- Improving the friends-list when you invite friends for a match.
- Fixing various bugs.

https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/id560917620?mt=8&affId=1736887

Got lots of other improvements and additions in the works, so stay tuned! Also, we recently passed 1000 players (which feels like a big deal to us, at least!), so big thanks to all of my fellow NeoGAFers for trying out our game! :)

Awesome news!!!
Swords&Arrows has became part of my daily async routine now, loving the game....really really well done and clever...but above all, it's very fun and fast to play.

SmokyDave

How many hours of gameplay do you get out of Alpaca Evolution?

Gameplay? 0. You wait for an alpaca to spawn, tap it once to kill it and then again to absorb it. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not sure it can be described as 'gameplay'.

It is surprisingly compelling though. I intend to fire it up every now & then because so far, the evolutions have been quite humorous. It's one of those 'why the fuck am I doing this?' apps though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom