• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming July 2016 | Freedom to necrodance the night away

uM6g9rg.jpg

Each month, the iOS GAF community hosts a thread for new game releases, rumors and discussion that define the fast-moving world of iOS gaming.

The OP will contain recommended games that released during the previous month. All the games listed will have been highlighted by the GAF community in one way or another. This way you can keep tabs on the best games and at the same time curate an excellent resource to look back on to find games you may have missed.

If you're a developer who wishes to have your game featured, please talk about your game in the thread and if the GAF community at large likes the game then your wish just might be granted. Please note that there's a difference between posting about a game you made and just advertising your game with no further interaction with the community, this thread is not for the latter and such advertising behavior is frowned upon.

Directory
1) Introduction & Recommended Games
2) Recommended Games continued
3) Upcoming Releases, Past Threads & Other Links

c9l3j0f.jpg

gCMV8Yp.jpg

Site | App Store
Crypt of the NecroDancer is an award winning hardcore roguelike rhythm game. Move to the music and deliver beatdowns to the beat! Groove to the epic Danny Baranowsky soundtrack, or easily select songs from your own iTunes collection!
screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Got this during the Steam Sale and it's so good. Just must replace One Finger Death Punch as one of the addicting games in my library

Simple complexity. The controls are so simple, but the game is complex and deep. It's all about the gameplay. Learning how enemies move and react to the beat. Lining up your attacks depending on what enemies you're dealing with and the weapon you have equipped. Timing. Adapting your strategy on the fly when some mini-boss barges in or you acquire an special item. Learning the rhythm.
There's something really great about getting into a groove with the music and lining up perfect combos while dodging enemies. Making the action follow a beat, reminds me a lot of Tetris, how the rate at which the block drops kind of sets the tone.
This game is awesome. Played for about an hour to get relatively decent at Zone 1. Beat the boss once and got some upgrades and had a great time rocking through some dungeons.

Music is killer of course, and I definitely enjoy the rhythm of the combat and movement. Just stuff like the shimmy you develop to take out the skeletons is really intuitive feeling. Though things definitely get easier when you get a weapon with more than one range, like a spear. Then a lot of the enemies aren't a huge threat unless you get in to deep of the middle of a room.

I can definitely see how it could end up being somewhat shallow in the end, since there are just the three zones right now and they take maybe 10 minutes each, if you finish em, but I'm sold enough on the concept that I definitely don't mind spending the money.
This game is fucking amazing and if you aren't playing it you are doing it wrong

M7WWZJm.jpg

Site | App Store
Teeny Titans, GO! Join Robin for a figure battling RPG of epic proportions. Play for hours with no in-app purchases!
Assemble your squad and face off in 3-on-3 battles! Bust out super moves in real time with the battle bar. Switch between your heroes to launch awesome attacks and take down your opponents.

screen322x572.jpeg
screen322x572.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

It's excellent. Very polished, and the combat has a surprising amount of nuance. ATB combat with individual and team-wide buffs and skills, leveling and upgrading stats, modchips that act as perks and ability modifiers, 70 different characters spread across multiple classes, a Rock-Paper-Scissors-esque relationship between classes
Teeny Titans is great and exactly what I wanted from iOS Pokemon-likes. Simple, but engaging combat, decent team strategies and a quick leveling curve. All of the polish is really well done and the humor isn't terrible.

Really happy with this game. A pleasant surprise
Hot dog, this game is fun. Just beat the first tournament. Collecting and leveling is suitably addictive.
I can't stop playing this-it's so insanely good. I just got Lady Legasus and 80's Cyborg.
Man this game is excellent. Probably one of my favorite mobile games. Top 10 at least.

Lj6kYRV.jpg

Site | App Store
Hyperburner is a high-speed space flier set in a distant colonial solar system. Take your ship through increasingly dangerous courses, unlocking endless-mode leaderboards as you go. Built for mobile with smooth and responsive free-steering, playable in portrait or landscape.
screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Hyperburner is definitely coming out this month. You guys are going to love it. It's probably the best arcade/evasive action IOS game I've played in a while. To be fair, I've been playing beta builds on and off for like a year, but it has a level of polish and variety you don't often seen in these games. The levels are divided between different-themed sci-fi areas, and each level has both a hand-crafted version and an endless version you can play at two different speeds

The speed and tension is excellent, really captures that claustrophobic "trench run" feel as you swoop and speed inside tunnels and through crowded space-lanes
Hyperburner is really cool, reminds me of Boson X in a way.
Hyperburner: Amazing. Such a great twitch game. Well presented and stylish. It's actually relaxing to play. There's a constant trickle of progress as well. You don't feel like you just hit a wall in the first hour and then bang your head up against it for a long time before you get better (Super Hexagon). Love it love it love it
Hyperburner is really fun. What a cool, easy to get into game. First person cam is intense. Thanks for the recommendation.

a5onhAP.jpg

Site | App Store
Lost Frontier is a turn-based strategy game, brought to you from the creators of the Battleheart and Zombieville series'. In a fantasy-western setting consumed by steam-punk technology and the supernatural, can you survive with just your wit and a six-gun at your side?
screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Pretty much. I haven't gotten too far into Warbits but this seems more turn-based strategy puzzler inspired by AW than straight AW-like. Ranged units can attack a distance, but can't move and shoot in the same turn. Damaged units do less damage. Medics can heal but can't attack or counter-attack. And so on. The defined abilities of units gives it more of a chess feel IMO, where movement and attack range is critical
I'm loving this. Mika is so great at small design. Love all the art, love the feel when you attack. Everything in Warbits was a little too perfunctory. Lost Frontiers just feels good.

I love the campaign so far. Less emphasis on unit production than Warbits but really smart map design and concepts. Doesn't feel too easy just yet and the focus is really tight.

Mika does it again!
It's similar to Warbits/Advance Wars and a good bit of fun. My issue is the unstable difficulty curve -- even with a fully leveled hero, some of the earlier levels are very challenging to survive without replaying the mission a few times to get an idea for how the AI plays. I prefer Warbits, personally, but both are worth checking out.
If you liked Warbits but were looking for something a bit more original it's definitely worth it. Do note that it's more mission-based though.
Guys I think I prefer Lost Frontier over Warbits. It's just more fun, I think. Both are great, though, and easily two of my top mobile games ever.
Played a tiny bit of Lost Frontier. Way too early to give any form of detailed impressions yet, but seems very fun so far.

MubVR7K.jpg

Site | App Store
Program little office workers to solve puzzles. Be a good employee! The machines are coming... for your job.
Human Resource Machine is a puzzle game for nerds. In each level, your boss gives you a job. Automate it by programming your little office worker. If you succeed, you'll be promoted up to the next level for another year of work in the vast office building. Congratulations!

screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Totally worth it. If you enjoyed The Sequence and Perfect Paths, and thought TIS-100 was too complex, this is the programming puzzler for you. It being from the creators of World of Goo and Little Inferno doesn't hurt
I finally tried Human Resource Machine and I like it a lot! It's a great puzzle game that reminded me of how much I enjoyed Space Chem and The Sequence. Tomorrow Corp's art and whimsical dialogue enhance an already entertaining and challenging game. I think I hit year 14 before I took time off work.
I ended up buying it.

This is a puzzle game that asks you to solve simple low level programming challenges. The game is quite similar to TIS-100, which was released a couple of months ago. Human Resource Machine is a bit more fleshed out when it comes to graphics, music and the setting (all have a lot in common with World of Goo), but TIS-100 had a better user interface and more complex puzzles due its weird multi core architecture.

It is a lovely little game, but if I had to recommend one "programming game" in 2015, it would probably be TIS-100. There is something ingenious about how TIS-100 encourages you to learn all important tools (except stack memory, I guess) and sets you free to use all of them from the very first puzzle. In comparison, Human Resource Machine feels more "gamey", with clearer restrictions and a gradual introductions of tools.

In conclusion, I would still recommend this game for fans of the increasingly popular programming puzzle genre, and possibly also for fans of World of Goo.
It is easily as good as World of Goo and is more educational in terms of programming, but maybe less educational in terms of architecture and physics. Everything is presented in a way that is intuitive enough for a grade 6 student with no programming experience to perfect. Those who do have programming experience will still get a good challenge and more than enough smiles.

Anyone with an interest in programming should pick this up regardless of age or existing programming experience. Tomorrow Corporation, I look forward to what you'll be releasing next!

fjxNS24.jpg

Site | App Store
NEOGEO’s legendary golf game is back, in a brand-new mobile version with touch controls!
NEO TURF MASTERS (also known as “BIG TOURNAMENT GOLF” in Japan) is an arcade classic that touched an entire generation.
Competing as one of six international golfers on different courses worldwide, players choose their club, analyze the wind direction, and find the best path to finishing each hole in as few shots as possible.

screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Yep. Been wanting a good arcade gold game on iOS and Neo Turf Masters delivers
This is everything I wanted it to be! Love that I can play this classic on my phone any time I want
This is hitting all the right notes for me, I think I'll nab it. No IAPs, no ads, just awesome Neo Turf classic action.

OQkwnCm.png

Site | App Store
Welcome to Perchang! A test of skill and puzzle solving across 60 stunning levels.
Exercise your brain and test your coordination to guide the tiny balls to their goal. Activate flippers, magnets, portals, fans, anti-gravity hoops and many more gizmos to complete each mind bending stage. Don't take too long though.... You're on the clock!

screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Guys don't sit on Perchang.
If you like physics puzzles that require coordination and rhythm, it really set a new level of awesomeness.

I feel like an idiot playing some levels, gold bosses in particular, but it's really fun.

It's the classic super simple to understand, damn hard to master.

Said that, the game is super polished, gorgeous to look at, and feature packed (60FPS mode, low power mode, you can even record and share your own games!!!).

Highly recommended.
Perchang is a Lemmings-meets-Rube-Goldberg-machine puzzler, with a variety of interesting contraptions and physics-based challenges

EphEYgi.jpg

Site | App Store
Do you think 1 + 1 = 0 is correct? So what do you think about "black + black = white" statement? According to XOR logic, they are correct.
New, mind-bending, minimal puzzle game with dozens of levels and extra-ordinary design.

screen322x572.jpeg
screen322x572.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Voi is great. It's like rop's negative space cousin. The setup is the same: figure at the top of the screen, and you need to recreate it with the given elements. But instead of ropes and nodes, you have different shapes to combine tangram-style. Overlapping shapes cause the intersecting space to revert color, letting you mold new shapes and patterns through negative space. It's slick, and there are more puzzles in the works. Rop was supported nicely, with new modes and level packs added post-release, so I expect Voi to be expanded as well

lyESZ64.jpg

Site | App Store
You are a lone adventurer in a strange, non-Euclidean world. Gather as much treasure as you can before the nasty monsters get you. Explore about 40 different lands, each with its own unique treasures, enemies, terrain obstacles, and mechanics which challenge your tactical and navigation skills. Your quest is to find the legendary treasure, the Orbs of Yendor. Collect one of them to win! Or just ignore your quest and collect smaller treasures.
screen322x572.jpeg
screen322x572.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

More_Badass said:
But while HyperRogue's combat may be simple but surprisingly tactical, its world is anything but simple. The landscape spreads out in a circular plane of interlocking tiles, extending outwards from the red-brick crossroads. But this is no normal space; it's a place of distorted distances and looping paths that extend into infinity and straight lines that somehow never intersect, a non-Euclidean world of adjacent biomes where retracing your steps is a trying task

Undying sand worms roam the parched desert, forcing you to flee rather than fight. Walls shift with each step in the living caves. Each step erases the floor behind you in the land of eternal motion. Enter the mirror world, and you'll be accompanied by clones of yourself. Each new land you discover has its own unique quirks and inhabitants, from one where safe crossing relies on avoiding dangerous tiles through minesweeper-style rules, to the oceans where pirates and sharks lurk.

xIlLhQ2.jpg

Site | App Store
Enter the world of Redungeon!
Endless, random, increasingly difficult dungeons.
Dozens of complex traps carefully designed to stop you.
Unlockable characters, each with unique game-changing skills!

screen322x572.jpeg
screen322x572.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Redungeon is amazing
It's basically endless trap avoidance, and a lot of fun. There's enough of a sense of urgency to push you forward, but also enough breathing room to time your movements around hazards and enemies

3Une559.jpg

Site | App Store
Relive the galaxy's greatest adventure in LEGO® Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™ for mobile! Play as heroic characters from the movie, including Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, Han Solo, Chewbacca, C-3PO and BB-8, as well as Kylo Ren and General Hux.
screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Played the first few levels of Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens and am very impressed. So far think it may be the best Lego game since the original SW saga.

I'm going in for the Season Pass ($9.99) figuring the extra $2 is nothing. And even though the console editions have more content, I'm more likely to finish it on mobile and also don't want to fork out $60.

Looks great graphically, lovely sense of humor as always and some nice little new gameplay elements, particularly like the cover system for shooting.

yj3qAJo.png

Site | App Store
Say hello to a BRAND NEW and exciting action platformer Cat Knight Story ! Push your skills to the limit as you jump, fly and flip your way through dangerous traps and monsters. Better hurry. You don't want to keep a princess waiting
screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg
SVAPhoY.jpg

Cat Knight Story

A superb meat boy inspired auto runner with almost as much charm. Controls may take a second to get used to the first time around since you tap to jump regularly but can press down to jump continuously and you will have to use both interchangeably to complete levels. Once you got the controls down though it feels like you're playing a reskined SMB platformer. If you want to play the game without any interruptions it'll cost $0.99 to remove adds and $1.99 to unlock unlimited checkpoints. I bought both and don't reget it. Only criticism I guess I have is that the game is pretty short. 12 levels total and after about 40 minutes with the game I'm already on level 11 right before the final boss. Give it a download and see if you like it, I have enjoyed my time with it so far even if it is short.

5vnmdCu.jpg

Site | App Store
The last shoot'em up you will ever play!
There are many scrolling shooters but none of them is like "Sky Force". This stunning shoot ‘em up game combines the classic arcade elements with the new possibilities offered by current technology. The new installment in the series just came out in a spectacular style.

screen322x572.jpeg
screen322x572.jpeg

ObDsYeZ.jpg

Site | App Store
“Ki” is the Iñupiaq word for “Let’s Go!”, and now you can play the award-winning indie hit on the go with Never Alone: Ki Edition.
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) is an atmospheric puzzle platformer developed in collaboration with the Iñupiat, an Alaska Native people, drawn from a traditional story that has been shared across the generations. Experience the epic journey of Nuna and Fox as they search for the source of an eternal blizzard that threatens the survival of everything they have ever known.

screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg

iJSDswt.png

Site | App Store
Let's super high jump through the screen!
6180 the moon is a platformer game with a unique mechanic. It offers a fresh, unseen game play style by connecting the top and bottom of the screen. This allows in a mechanic with delightfully long jumps and no fear of "slipping" to death.

screen640x640.jpeg
screen640x640.jpeg

wcEfO6V.png

Super Stickman Golf 3 - July 7th
Battlefleet Gothic: Leviathan - July 7th
Bomboras Forever - July 9th
Guild of Dungeoneering - July 14th
Klocki - July 14th
Quell Zen - July 14th
George: Scared of The Dark - July 18th
Bulb Boy - July 21st

More releases to be added soon

IcBECrt.png

iOS Gaming June 2016 | Be still my growing backlog, summer is here
iOS Gaming May 2016 | April jests bring Titan Quests
iOS Gaming April 2016 | Fool's Gold
iOS Gaming March 2016 | Your backlog grows in tiny bits
iOS Gaming February 2016 | Crashlands Bandicoot
iOS Gaming January 2016 | Should old applications be forgot?

Visit the January 2016 thread for links to all 2015 iOS Gaming threads
Visit the January 2014 thread for links to December 2013 through November 2012 threads!

This website keeps track of all the controller enabled games. It gets updated regularly.

RmHPAM6.png

Genuine thanks to our iOS Gaming community for keeping these monthly threads alive!
Special thanks to Tunesmith for his fantastic thread format and month after month of hard work in maintaining these threads

Matt Frost

Continuing from previous thread...

Our only live app that does this in a meaningful way is Into the Dead, which is upfront and you actually have to sit through and wait.

I don't know that we are explicitly telling people download sizes but having this at least in the app description sounds like a good idea, especially for our next game soft-launching in the next few months which is "big" and more seamlessly loads in assets over time.

Everything made towards transparency and consumer trust sound amazingly great to me and probably more people as well. We should go in that direction instead of secrecy and holding stuff inside us.

Definitely sounds like it is caching video ads.

(Related to a game called Rodeo Stampede) So caching ads in the background means... The dev gets money as if I were actually watching those ads?

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Everything made towards transparency and consumer trust sound amazingly great to me and probably more people as well. We should go in that direction instead of secrecy and holding stuff inside us.

I'd say most devs don't do that sort of thing to proactively trick consumers so much as it being an oversight in informing the consumer of what they are doing to circumvent a limitation of the App Store itself. Its pretty easy for developers in the West to forget that people don't have ready access to wifi or large data plans, for example, so it doesn't register as an issue in the first place.

(Related to a game called Rodeo Stampede) So caching ads in the background means... The dev gets money as if I were actually watching those ads?

No.

Caching ads is done so that when a gamer goes to watch an ad one is available immediately and they don't have to wait for one to be queued up. A dev will only get paid on a successful complete watch (or a resulting install). In that sense, it is done with the intent to help the user experience, though obviously at the cost of consuming data bandwidth.

Caching ads can actually be bad for a dev though because if you are caching a lot of ads that ultimately aren't being watched then the advertiser isn't getting good returns from your app, and higher value campaigns get steered away.

So, its all a tradeoff between user experience, user data consumption, and returns.

RustyO

Just got an iPad Air 2 today after being on Android for a good few years, so many games I need to research on iOS!

Best starting point is to work back through these monthly threads, and check out the excellent first posts by More_Badass for all the hot / awesome titles each month.

awp69

Sadly was reading the shitstorm over at TA on GoF3: Manicore and Fishlabs directly shot down any hope for a true sequel:

"Is Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore the "real" GOF3?

Yes, it is! The rumor, that there will be another Galaxy on Fire 3 besides Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore, is not true."

They're defending the F2P system and I sympathize but it is depressing to see such talented devs have to abandon the large scale greatness that was GoF 2.

Guess we'll have to hope that their other projects outside of mobile turn out well.

Sadly was reading the shitstorm over at TA on GoF3: Manicore and Fishlabs directly shot down any hope for a true sequel:

"Is Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore the "real" GOF3?

Yes, it is! The rumor, that there will be another Galaxy on Fire 3 besides Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore, is not true."

They're defending the F2P system and I sympathize but it is depressing to see such talented devs have to abandon the large scale greatness that was GoF 2.

Guess we'll have to hope that their other projects outside of mobile turn out well.
As much as I enjoyed GoF, I'm glad the devs moved on to a larger canvas. Everspace is looking absolutely gorgeous.

awp69

As much as I enjoyed GoF, I'm glad the devs moved on to a larger canvas. Everspace is looking absolutely gorgeous.

I'm anxious to see how Everspace is as well, but can't help but still wish for a proper GoF sequel. But they had some really rough times so I understand why they didn't choose to tackle it. It sounds, of course, like the toxic environment for devs on mobile to do big premium games led the to the choice. Just sucks that it is this way.

On to a happier topic, Crypt of the Necrodancer is amazing. Fantastic soundtrack and truly addicting gameplay. I haven't played the PC or console versions but tapping to the beat seems like a great fit for mobile screens. And while you'd initially worry that rythmn based gameplay would be a weird thing in a rogue like, it's just so much fun. As usual with roguelikes, I suck but the one more time element makes it so hard to put down.

I had just returned from vacation and was downloading Inside when I started playing it and literally lost myself in the game.

Finally am taking a break to check out Inside, but will surely tap away again before I go to bed.

I'm anxious to see how Everspace is as well, but can't help but still wish for a proper GoF sequel. But they had some really rough times so I understand why they didn't choose to tackle it. It sounds, of course, like the toxic environment for devs on mobile to do big premium games led the to the choice. Just sucks that it is this way.

On to a happier topic, Crypt of the Necrodancer is amazing. Fantastic soundtrack and truly addicting gameplay. I haven't played the PC or console versions but tapping to the beat seems like a great fit for mobile screens. And while you'd initially worry that rythmn based gameplay would be a weird thing in a rogue like, it's just so much fun. As usual with roguelikes, I suck but the one more time element makes it so hard to put down.

I had just returned from vacation and was downloading Inside when I started playing it and literally lost myself in the game.

Finally am taking a break to check out Inside, but will surely tap away again before I go to bed.
Dude, you're in good game heaven right now. Playing Necrodancer and Inside on the same day?

And yeah, Inside is currently battling Oxenfree for my GOTY so far. If you thought Limbo was awesome, Inside is incredibly better than Limbo in every way

Neo Turf Masters is soooooo good.

Also More_Badass, i beat limbo on iOS even though I own it on everythng it released on. Do you think Inside would work on iOS eventually? I've been on a media blackout until ti releases on steam next week.

Also More_Badass, i beat limbo on iOS even though I own it on everythng it released on. Do you think Inside would work on iOS eventually? I've been on a media blackout until ti releases on steam next week.
I think it's likely. There was a tweet that stated the plan is to bring Inside to "many platforms" like Limbo.

And trust me, go in as blind as possible

Anyone having an issue with Necrodancer? It was working fine for me, but now when I start, the game freezes at the Blitworks logo screen

Matt Frost

I'd say most devs don't do that sort of thing to proactively trick consumers so much as it being an oversight in informing the consumer of what they are doing to circumvent a limitation of the App Store itself. It's pretty easy for developers in the West to forget that people don't have ready access to wifi or large data plans, for example, so it doesn't register as an issue in the first place.

Good to know, and I am glad that at least some devs so that and for the existence of premium apps that just don't need that sort of stuff

No.

Caching ads is done so that when a gamer goes to watch an ad one is available immediately and they don't have to wait for one to be queued up. A dev will only get paid on a successful complete watch (or a resulting install). In that sense, it is done with the intent to help the user experience, though obviously at the cost of consuming data bandwidth.

Caching ads can actually be bad for a dev though because if you are caching a lot of ads that ultimately aren't being watched then the advertiser isn't getting good returns from your app, and higher value campaigns get steered away.

So, its all a tradeoff between user experience, user data consumption, and returns.

Very glad to have you here on this thread with all the insight, Mario. The more we know about this stuff the better. Now I know that I need to disable data for all freemium games (almost don't play them, but still).

nampad

Finally got around to play Powerhover a bit after asa was so nice to gift me a key some time ago, thanks again.

Played it without a controller because I was on the plane and unfortunately I did not feel it so far. I guess my main complaint are the controls.
I get that they feel that way because you are controlling a hoverboard but it is just not for me. I might try it again with my controller later on.

RM8

Woooow, I had no idea Crypt of The Necrodancer was getting an iOS release. I've been wanting to play it since forever, now I think I'll play it on my phone.

EDIT: Nevermind, not available here in Japan :[ I'll try to change my region back to Mexico later.

BTW - Pocket Arcade Story is fun, but it's such a far cry from Game Dev Story. I don't know what makes Game Dev Story so good compared to other Kairosoft games, but I genuinely don't think any other of their games comes close.

wonderpug

Neo Member
Great job on the OP, as always :)

Another neat little indie gem that popped up: Dead in Bermdua, a This War of Mine-like experience mixed with Lost and it's at a "very positive" rating on steam:

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/dead-in-bermuda/id1091598017

I bought this based on the positive Steam reviews but it seems poorly adapted to a regular iPhone sized screen. Lots of tiny text and tiny buttons. I wouldn't recommend anyone buy this unless you'll be playing on an iPad or maybe at least a Plus-sized iPhone.

chris121580

I'm struggling with putting. It tells me that it's a straight putt but then it ends up curving to the right. Do I need to judge it based on the slope of the green?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Any way to tell if a game supports MFi controllers? Doesn't always seem to say in the description on the App Store. Not too bad if a game is free to try, but some aren't

BTW - Pocket Arcade Story is fun, but it's such a far cry from Game Dev Story. I don't know what makes Game Dev Story so good compared to other Kairosoft games, but I genuinely don't think any other of their games comes close.

This is actually exactly what I was looking for in a short review of Pocket Arcade Story. I've tried 4 or 5 Kairosoft games now, and I just never seem to enjoy them as much as Game Dev Story. But I loved GDS soooooo frickin' much, that I keep hoping they hit on whatever made GDS so magical again.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Human resource machine is basically a graphical TIS-100, quite a lot of fun but I'm already using too many messy jumps. Can't get my 'send zeros to the outbox' to hit 25 steps and I'm guessing it'll be to do with where I land my jumps.

Edit: year 11 has exactly the same puzzle as 'differential converter' in TIS-100

no there isn't on the iOS store. best to check after pad:

https://afterpad.com

Cheers

killercow

Woooow, I had no idea Crypt of The Necrodancer was getting an iOS release. I've been wanting to play it since forever, now I think I'll play it on my phone.

EDIT: Nevermind, not available here in Japan :[ I'll try to change my region back to Mexico later.

FYI: It's available now in Japan if I'm not mistaken.

Has anyone successfully used "backspin" on Neo Turf Masters?
Swipe on the screen controls seem broken in general. I have to swipe like crazy to get the club changing or distance to work as well, but I can never make the backspin register.

You know Necrodancer is a great roguelike when you play as the bard class, which lets you play without moving to the beat, and it's still a fun challenging tactical game where positioning and movement is crucial to survive

You know Necrodancer is a great roguelike when you play as the bard class, which lets you play without moving to the beat, and it's still a fun challenging tactical game where positioning and movement is crucial to survive
Yeah, even without the beat it's a fun roguelike but then you would be missing the awesome soundtrack ;)

So I've been playing VA-11 HALL-A on steam. Loving it. There's a lot of dialogue I feel will have problems getting approved from Apple :/ I hope they don't have to change shit for release on iPad as this would be perfect on iPad.

Has anyone successfully used "backspin" on Neo Turf Masters?
Swipe on the screen controls seem broken in general. I have to swipe like crazy to get the club changing or distance to work as well, but I can never make the backspin register.
I have quite easily. Which device are you playing on?

When and how do you do it? The tutorial isn't clear to me. I asked before and got an answer of "it's in the tutorial". Love the game though!
After you set the power, swipe down. Then you set your altitude of the shot. You don't need to swipe down at the same time or anything. Just set your power. Then as the altitude meter is going, swipe down. Then tap to set altitude of your shot. Does that help?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
After you set the power, swipe down. Then you set your altitude of the shot. You don't need to swipe down at the same time or anything. Just set your power. Then as the altitude meter is going, swipe down. Then tap to set altitude of your shot. Does that help?

Ah - the instructions sounded like you swipe after the altitude.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Yes it does! Thanks fellow South Carolinean! BTW, where are you in SC? Im in the upstate, Greenville area to be more precise.

So I've been playing VA-11 HALL-A on steam. Loving it. There's a lot of dialogue I feel will have problems getting approved from Apple :/ I hope they don't have to change shit for release on iPad as this would be perfect on iPad.
Was just listening to a podcast about that game, sounds very intriguing

awp69

Yes it does! Thanks fellow South Carolinean! BTW, where are you in SC? Im in the upstate, Greenville area to be more precise.

Holy crap! I'm also from SC -- and the Greenville area to be more precise. Actually close to Five Forks to be even more precise.

awp69

Dude, you're in good game heaven right now. Playing Necrodancer and Inside on the same day?

And yeah, Inside is currently battling Oxenfree for my GOTY so far. If you thought Limbo was awesome, Inside is incredibly better than Limbo in every way

Inside is indeed fantastic and hope it comes to mobile for you guys that aren't PC/Xbox One gamers.

I'm also playing Oxenfree and loving that one too.

And still addicted to Necrodancer.

Too many games and too little time!

Inside is indeed fantastic and hope it comes to mobile for you guys that aren't PC/Xbox One gamers.

I'm also playing Oxenfree and loving that one too.

And still addicted to Necrodancer.

Too many games and too little time!
I could see both Inside and Oxenfree coming to mobile eventually. They would translate to touch controls well

Top Bottom