• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ipod Accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

Ok I got an Ipod recently and I want some advice on which accessories to get and a good place to get them on the cheap. So far I got the Itrip, which is absolutely badassed and I am getting my Belkin TuneDok Car Holder tommorrow. I am also thinking of maybe getting a AC adapter and maybe one of those skin things.

Discuss.

I want that battery pack that gives the thing 75 hours of life. Sure, the bulk it adds on is a negative, but when you're flying it'd definitely come in handy. Unfortunately, I've spent a lot of money in the past couple of weeks, and I doubt I'll have it anytime soon.

bionic77

mjq jazz bar said:
I want that battery pack that gives the thing 75 hours of life. Sure, the bulk it adds on is a negative, but when you're flying it'd definitely come in handy. Unfortunately, I've spent a lot of money in the past couple of weeks, and I doubt I'll have it anytime soon.

Woah, never heard of that. Link please?

The world is now divided into two groups: those that own a Ipod and those who do not.

aparisi2274

The only accessories I have are the iTrip, the Belkin Auto power Adapter and an old Sony Cassette adapter for my radio.

bionic77 said:
Woah, never heard of that. Link please?

The world is now divided into two groups: those that own a Ipod and those who do not.
http://www.ipodlounge.com/reviews_more.php?id=4176_0_6_0_M

bionic77 said:
Those are pretty sweet, but 30 bucks is a bit steep for that.

Wow, didn't realize they were that much. I got mine at a store here in NYC for around $20. Still, I think $30 might be worth it. After all, if you're spending between $350-$500 on an ipod, why not keep it in good shape.

ckohler

Get a cellphone holder that snaps onto your car's dashboard vents. I found one at Office Depot that fits the iPod (the only one I could find). It's great to get into my car, snap my iPod on my dash within easy reach. It also looks cool with the screen right there on the dash were everyone can see it and with the iTrip, there are no wires hanging off. =)

bionic77

BigJonsson said:
I have the iTrip

I love it, it is far better then I imagined it would be!

Is the iskin really that good?

I second this question, is it that much better then the holder that comes standard with an Ipod?

Oh yeah, and the Itrip does rock (though it took me a long time to find a clean station).

bionic77 said:
I second this question, is it that much better then the holder that comes standard with an Ipod?

Yes. Unlike the included black slip case, the iskin fits snugly and offers access to all of the ipod's controls and ports. That way, you're not constantly sliding the ipod out of the case to skip tracks, play with the volume, etc. It also has a nifty little screen cover thing.
[/salesman mode]

I got "Arctic" which is the non-colored clear skin. I think there's one that's clear by day and glows blue by night. I've seen people with a few different colors and it just depends on your taste. I think the clear one is cool as it preserves the look of the ipod while give it a kind of ghost feel.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Get the Apple official In-Ear Headphones. You won't want to use anything after trying them. Especially great for flying as they totally kill the humming.

Chittagong said:
Get the Apple official In-Ear Headphones. You won't want to use anything after trying them. Especially great for flying as they totally kill the humming.

Nah, I'll stick with my Sony ones

jiggle

http://lajo.biz/

I just ordered from them last week. It's too bad they don't have a glow in the dark white one like iskin. But their selection is MUCH bigger.

Right now if you buy a exo skin for 17.50, you get a exo3 skin for free(9.50).

They're barebone though, so you have to buy a belt clip and metal stub for the exo, and a bungee for exo3 (you don't have to, but they're nice to have)

But with all of those combines, plus shipping, the total for me is only around 33 dollars.

Plus if you join their key program, you get instant $5 dollars off.

site not compatible with firefox i dont' think.

(to join the key program, just click on the word "lajo" on the banner at the top of the page. Enter an existing key member's name [mine is "wontonsoup" =p ], then create your own account. Instant 5 dollars for you to use anytime you want. When you get ppl to sign up, you get 2 dollars added to your account I think)

Yeah I love my iPod but damn, the accessories are crazy steep!

Don't get the Belkin Leather case with the little screen window. It sucks my ass.

K

Kwokuen

Unconfirmed Member
If you're feeling really cheap, this is also an option.

pACE2-964904reg.jpg

we may own similar players, but you have about as much room to comment about an iPod as I do an IRIVER. again, what the fuck did you mean with the usb comment?

xsarien

daedsiluap
fart said:
oh, can't help you there. usb charging ain't so great now is it??? IRIVER WINS AGAIN

Psst. The iPod can also be plugged directly into an outlet.

(Do not pass go, do not collect $200.)

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I took back my Karma this past saturday for the 4g Ipod and I am loving it.... didnt think I would, but this thing is a beast of a toy......

I too would like to get some accessories... I really need a case of sorts... that I skin seems cool... but do they have 4g Iskins out already or do they just use the last gen ones still??? and is the ITRIP better than the tape adapter??? I may get Itrip... dont know yet....

any info would be appreciated....

I really like the iTrip and I am planning on getting an iSkin but I just found out that there are 2 companies that make the iSkin and the one I was about to go buy is the umm shittier version?

If I want the one that was linked to in this thread I need to go downtown

I still cant make up my mind if i want to buy an ipod. i can afford due to birthday monies but now i have so much money i dont want to spend it, just hoard it for all time

MrPing1000 said:
I still cant make up my mind if i want to buy an ipod. i can afford due to birthday monies but now i have so much money i dont want to spend it, just hoard it for all time

Are you some kind of dragon? Cause only dragons hoard

Schmo Florez said:
How's the sound quality on the iTrip? I tried the Belkin FM transmitter and it sucked ass.

A tiny bit staticy sometimes, but I live in the suburbs, haven't really tried it to far downtown

bionic77

Schmo Florez said:
How's the sound quality on the iTrip? I tried the Belkin FM transmitter and it sucked ass.

Line in is the best bet for sound quality. Tape adapters are also better sound quality wise over the Itrip, so go with those if you have that option. I went with the Itrip because I have no cassette deck and I didn't want to get a new deck with a line in because they usually look horrible. The Itrip has pretty good sound quality, but it is a pain in the ass to configure properly. I live in DC and it must have taken me at least 2+ hours of fiddling to find a station that didn't have some static in the line. Now the unit pretty much acts perfectly with an occassional burst of static not and then. So to sum it up, Itrip should be your last resort for sound quality, but it works great for me now.

Tuvoc

the only accessory I got was an iBrator.

I get a good 2 hours of sphinktor pleasure off every charge...

FnordChan

I recently went on a trip to the beach with some friends in my car with no working tape deck and nothing but radio. Fortunatly, thanks to the power of the iTrip and a buddy's iPod, we had quality tunes the entire trip, rather than being forced to see what was playing on the local AM stations or whatnot. Very little static, good sound, and high marks all around.

FnordChan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom