• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is bloodborne's dlc worth 20 euros?

GymWolf

So i'm replaying bloodborne during these days and i'm almost at the end but i never played the dlc, is it worth the full price on the psn?

How many hours long? New weapons? Bosses? Enemies?

Thanks.

Qgl3Q2K.gif

Really, it's great. Surprised it's 20 euros though. Could've sworn you could get the whole game + dlc for 20 euros or less. I bought a physical version of the goty version for 20 euros.

Awesome new weapon btw:

51zj8gqCowL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Last edited:
I think it was when it came out... it's a pretty meaty expansion with some really challenging boss battles... but I think it should be around $10 Euros now. If you LOVE the game then you should get it to experience it but this far after release that seems steep.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
If you enjoyed the parts in Bloodborne where you fought other hunters..... ya gonna love the DLC.

Cool weapons, cool lore, cool maps. Fits with the rest of the game like a perfect puzzle piece.

The DLC had some of my favorite bosses. 3 of the 5 bosses are amazing and are in my top 5 bosses for the game. There's also some new weapons. In terms of length, it'll really depends on how good you are at the game but i'd say in the 8 + hours range. That price does seem very steep though for DLC.

LocoCocoPops

Neo Member
Yeah if you’ve enjoyed the game it’s worth it. New areas bosses and whatnot. Weapons and ducks other delights. 20 notes is a bit steep though, you’ll find it on sale I’m sure.

sircaw

Banned
Dlc is fantastic besides the last boss who is probably the easiest boss in the entire game and should take only a single attempt to kill.

I hate it when they make stuff to easy,

Last edited:

Codes 208

From the weapons to the insane bosses the dlc is well worth it. (I would argue the same thing applies to dark souls as well. Some of the best bosses in the series comes from the dlc like Manus, Knight Artorius, Sister Friede, Gael, orphan of kos, lady maria, ludwig)

GymWolf

Thanks to everyone, someone asked if i loved fighting other hunters and oit was easily the best part of the game for me.

Are the new weapons powerfull? Right now i have the ludwig holy blade+9 (saving the +10 blood rock for now) and i have zero interest in changing this one because it is soo fucking powerfull, and i love being excited to find new weapons in souls games but if the new ones are meh my enjoyment in these games ger lower by a lot.

I saw that mace with the rotating chain-saw that looks extremely cool but does it do enough damage when upgraded?

Also yeah the price is the full 20 euros here in the europe psn.

sircaw

Banned
Thanks to everyone, someone asked if i loved fighting other hunters and oit was easily the best part of the game for me.

Are the new weapons powerfull? Right now i have the ludwig holy blade+9 (saving the +10 blood rock for now) and i have zero interest in changing this one because it is soo fucking powerfull, and i love being excited to find new weapons in souls games but if the new ones are meh my enjoyment in these games ger lower by a lot.

I saw that mace with the rotating chain-saw that looks extremely cool but does it do enough damage when upgraded?

Also yeah the price is the full 20 euros here in the europe psn.
Whirligig saw thing, i loved that thing. so satisfying.

I completed the dlc with it when i got it.

Mind you i did farm alot of pigs with it

sircaw

Banned
Oh i'm informed enough to know that the orphan is like having a couple of fingers in the ass :ROFLMAO:

I think i killed Orphan on about the 4th kill, defiled amygdala took me a whole bloody week.
Fucking thing gave me nightmares always one shoting me

GymWolf

Whirligig saw thing, i loved that thing. so satisfying.

I completed the dlc with it when i got it.

Mind you i did farm alot of pigs with it
Pigs? Is it a casual drop from pigs?

My problem in these games is that i like the weapons with the highest damage, i'm more of a "numbers first, moveset later", so even if the moveset is lit i have no use for it if it can achieve the same power as the ludwig holy sword, i hate the moveset in this weapon and i'm still using it again in my second run with the game :ROFLMAO:

I forced myself to use other weapons like the chikage or the tonitrus or the blade of mercy but even with all the fancy moveset they can't replace killing most of the enemies with 1-2 attacks :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

GymWolf

Oh guys another thing, during my first run on bloodborne i never cared about the chalice dungeons, are they good enough? Like the have new enemies, bosses and rewards?

sircaw

Banned
Pigs? Is it a casual drop from pigs?

My problem in these games is that i like the weapons with the highest damage, i'm more of a "numbers first, moveset later", so even if the moveset is lit i have no use for it if it can achieve the same power as the ludwig holy sword, i hate the moveset in this weapon and i'm still using it again in my second run with the game :ROFLMAO:

I forced myself to use other weapons like the chikage or the tonitrus or the blade of mercy but even with all the fancy moveset they can't replace killing most of the enemies with 1-2 attacks :ROFLMAO:

I can't recall the locations, its before the wet nurse boss, there are a couple of pigs that give you tonnes of blood echoes and they are easy to farm along with some other mobs behind it. Help you level up your character a bit.

I was not so keen on chalice dungeons however you can get some greats gems in them and if you want the achievement you have to complete them. There are some bosses in there and mobs if i recall that are unique to the settings.

They can be difficult.

GymWolf

I think i killed Orphan on about the 4th kill, defiled amygdala took me a whole bloody week.
Fucking thing gave me nightmares always one shoting me
I fought that giant insect bitch yeasterday and fucked her up on the second try, one of the most easy boss in this game...

I love how different people have totallt different experience with different bosses...i died more time against the first optional boss and father guascone because of the fucking camera than all the other bosses combined during this run...

GymWolf

I can't recall the locations, its before the wet nurse boss, there are a couple of pigs that give you tonnes of blood echoes and they are easy to farm along with some other mobs behind it. Help you level up your character a bit.

I was not so keen on chalice dungeons however you can get some greats gems in them and if you want the achievement you have to complete them. There are some bosses in there and mobs if i recall that are unique to the settings.

They can be difficult.
I'm around level 82 or a bit higher, no need for farming blood, i'm probably already op for the dlc...

sircaw

Banned
I fought that giant insect bitch yeasterday and fucked her up on the second try, one of the most easy boss in this game...

I love how different people have totallt different experience with different bosses...i died more time against the first optional boss and father guascone because of the fucking camera than all the other bosses combined during this run...
You killed the normal one
There is another one its called defiled.

the Chalice dungeons have upgraded monsters of the usual ones you fight

Rickyiez

Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower . Nuff' said

best bost ever made .

The game + dlc had been discounted many many times though

GymWolf

Yes. But the full game is usually at 15 bucks in offers and the DLC alone like 10$.
Unfortunately i need this shit now, i'm on a soulsborne rush during these days and friday is tlou2 time so i need to play and finish this game right now.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
I'm around level 82 or a bit higher, no need for farming blood, i'm probably already op for the dlc...

Tou can start the chalice dungeons at a low level they ramp up if recall. Level 82 should be high enough to finish the entire game, i think i was around that level when i completed the game.

sircaw

Banned
Oh...fun...

I think it took me like 10 minutes to kill the bloody thing, it has a fuck load of health and if it hits you, its a one shot. I probably built my character wrong + maybe i am not good at the game but that boss ruined my week lol.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower . Nuff' said

best bost ever made .

The game + dlc had been discounted many many times though

You have good taste. These games offer so much feeling of accomplishment and some of the best bosses ever. I agree 💯💯💯💯🔥🔥

GymWolf

Well it seems i have to buy this dlc after all, can't wait to return at home from work.

Are the infamous sharks enemies in the dlc too? I can't remember...(i love sharks)

sircaw

Banned
Well it seems i have to buy this dlc after all, can't wait to return at home from work.

Are the infamous sharks enemies in the dlc too? I can't remember...(i love sharks)
make sure you have not missed any content.

I cant remember how or why but i missed the vicar Amelia in the church.
Also don't forget to touch the stone before the witches of hemwick encounter to go to the forsaken Cainhurt castle by stage coach. i think that's the name.
You probably have already done this but for some reason i remember doing them really late in the game.

Also don't forget to get the emote from the big eye at the bottom of the castle, the one you cut down.

Last edited:

GymWolf

make sure you have not missed any content.

I cant remember how or why but i missed the vicar Amelia in the church.
Also don't forget to touch the stone before the witches of hemwick encounter to go to the forsaken Cainhurt castle by stage coach. i think that's the name.
You probably have already done this but for some reason i remember doing them really late in the game.

Also don't forget to get the emote from the big eye at the bottom of the castle, the one you cut down.
Yeah i already beat amelia and visited cainhurst, i only need to beat 3-4 bosses, king of smurfs, uglyetas, the old guy and the secret boss, i have the 3 things for the ritual already.

I usually don't give a damn about emotes but who is the big eye?

Last edited:

GymWolf

It's worth it.
You have had plenty of chances to get this DLC for £5 though in PSN sales.
Yeah i know but i was done with bloodborne, unfortunate when i finish a game it is really hard for me to buy dlc's for it, i mean i just played both witcher 3 expansion 2 months ago :lollipop_squinting:

Top Bottom