• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It’s Time for Sony to Bring Back Killzone and Resistance - IGN

Cattlyst

I thought that last Killzone on the PS4 was actually really good. The visuals were stunning and it played well. Playing that at the start of the PS4 era was a really great advert for the new generation imo. That said, I enjoyed the PS Vita game too. Never played any Resistance games though.

Barakov

Gold Member
......and fill them full of woke nonsense......nah,leave them dead and unspoiled.
Definitely agree. I'm remember enjoying the Resistance games but current day Insomniac with their current day thinking...
Brad Pitt No GIF by PBS SoCal

A lot of bad seeds would have to leave that studio before I'd even want to see that from them or anything else really.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Definitely agree. I'm remember enjoying the Resistance games but current day Insomniac with their current day thinking...
Brad Pitt No GIF by PBS SoCal

A lot of bad seeds would have to leave that studio before I'd even want to see that from them or anything else really.
You know, now that you mention it, you got a point. If the narrative lead for Wolverine is anything to go by, its probably for the better if Resistance is left untouched.

They have needed to do this for years and it still hasn’t happened. It never will sadly. Aloy and Horizon fits in perfectly with New Sony and their woke messaging. Resistance and Killzone are toxic masculinity personified in their eyes. It sounds crazy but ask yourself why we keep getting Aloy and not a new Resistance or Killzone with male protagonists?

Last edited:

RickMasters

There is a reason those two IPs a don’t have sequels. They were just average shooters compared to the best shooters at the time they were released.

Both studios went on to make far better games that were not FPS. I say let em make new games in the genres they are good at.

The fact that PlayStation hasn’t come up with a SOCOM live service game is mind boggling to me after all these years.

Nobody is going to buy or invest into Concord.

nial

Gold Member
and that is why sony sucks now, they made games anyways in the past even if they didn't sell 10 million,etc. that is why they dont have variety like before.
They do have variety now, but if you don't like it, it does not count. :messenger_confused:
astro bot is a children's game that is based off a generic tech demo, sony has to step up and bring real games like infamous or something.

Last edited:

Fahdis

I swear people who kill franchises are the ones who usually have horrible taste in gaming. Those calling Killzone Mid are such traitors and should be re-educated.

Rippa

MeH….

The industry is over saturated with FPS games.

Just ask MS with the majority of what they’ve developed and are currently developing.

I’d rather a proper SOCOM

Zannegan

Gold Member
I dunno. The games were great, and I'd love to see a true-to-form comeback, but modern entries in classic series are always Monkey's Pawed.

if they do bring Killzone or Resistance back, the devs will just follow Cartman's Panderverse blueprint and call it a day as far as character writing goes.

Sony has so many good IP’s that they’ve just let die. It’s time to go back to the well.

Resistance
Killzone
Syphon Filter
Legend of Dragoon
Dark Cloud
Warhawk
Socom
Motorstorm
Sly Cooper
Ape Escape
Jet Moto
Everybody’s Golf (Hot Shots Golf)
Twisted Metal
Parappa the Rapper
Medievil
Jak/Daxter
Socom
Twisted Metal
Motorstorm

Would make me happy all they need

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
Killzone and Resistance both are the blandest, lobotomized lame ass shooters ever made. Put them on a pyre and burn them until only some coal residue is left of them.

I'd rather bring back Redneck Rampage and Kingpin, to show people pigs, farts and barfs and also let them hear people swearing (fuck!) around every corner.

GreatnessRD

Sony needs to stop the bullshit and bring back Socom and MAG. Call of Casual are gonna do numbers regardless. I don't get their line of thinking that its COD or nothing.

Zannegan

Gold Member
Meh, I’d much rather Sony make a game based on “the boys” (which an IP they own)
GIven their progression, Spiderman 4 will have Peter Parker as its toxically masculine villain. Close enough? =P

Seriously though, The Boys would make a killer online multiplayer game. If you were to take Sucide Squad's central premise (NOT ots gameplay) and latch it onto more grounded shooter gameplay, that would make for a pretty sick experience, inevitable GaaS trappings notwithstanding.

mdkirby

GIven their progression, Spiderman 4 will have Peter Parker as its toxically masculine villain. Close enough? =P

Seriously though, The Boys would make a killer online multiplayer game. If you were to take Sucide Squad's central premise (NOT ots gameplay) and latch it onto more grounded shooter gameplay, that would make for a pretty sick experience, inevitable GaaS trappings notwithstanding.
Both the director and Anthony starr publicly asked kojima to make it …which would be wild, but I doubt he’d make a game in someone else’s universe. I’d definitely not want GAAS crap tho, I’d want a great story, with brutal combat and exciting world traversal. Having an added multiplayer mode like Tsushima did would be fine tho.

Top Bottom