• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italian island Lampedusa becomes African migrant hotspot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sybrix

Inmediately deportation? what's the problem?.

Why is not considered an invasion?

Most if not all EU countries subscribe to various UN charters to allow migration like this, same for ECHR.

Also you'd need to determine where most of these migrants are from, Sudan? Congo? Eretria? Iran? Afghanistan? Deport them back to any of these any they might be murdered.

Counties could just use their navy's to turn these boats back to North Africa, then you run the risk of them sinking and killing 100s or 1000s in the Mediterranean Sea.

Most of the African immigration problem to Europe can be put at the door of Putin/Russia/China. So many African counties have militias funded by Russian and China that de-stabilize these counties causing the population to flee and flood Europe.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Inmediately deportation? what's the problem?.

Why is not considered an invasion?
Where do you deport them to? If one arrives without identification, I doubt there is much you can do. You can't just ship boatload of people back to a random African state and then expect them to take everyone.

This is a shitty situation and the only way Europe is to protect itself is by avoiding the boats to cross the sea.

I think the whole situation is bizzare. I heard from a couple of people that it is insanly complicated and difficult to immigrate to one of the European states legally... but if you come illegally and seek asylum.... boom... here you are. CRAZY !

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
This is the russians, flood the EU with undesirables, EU citizens get fucked off and elect Right Wing governments favourable to Putin.. job done clear as day.

The EU & UK need to go all Ozzy with this shit, round em up, stick em somewhere preferrably in mainland Africa and then properly process them and weed out the economic migrants from the actual asyulm cases

diffusionx

Gold Member
Most if not all EU countries subscribe to various UN charters to allow migration like this, same for ECHR.

Also you'd need to determine where most of these migrants are from, Sudan? Congo? Eretria? Iran? Afghanistan? Deport them back to any of these any they might be murdered.

Counties could just use their navy's to turn these boats back to North Africa, then you run the risk of them sinking and killing 100s or 1000s in the Mediterranean Sea.

Most of the African immigration problem to Europe can be put at the door of Putin/Russia/China. So many African counties have militias funded by Russian and China that de-stabilize these counties causing the population to flee and flood Europe.
Well, that's baloney, because 99.8% of these migrant Africans seem to be young men of fighting age. If the situatioons were so destitute where are the women and children? No, this is a tool to destabilize Europe, which everybody knows it is, for example Erdogan frequently threatens to open the floodgates if he doesn't get what he wants. Well, somebody is doing that now, and Europe has to handle it like that, not by giving these people asylum and letting them all over the place while you maybe deal with them years down the road.

You cannot solve the world's problems by just inviting everyone to come to Europe. That's not going to work. Same for USA too.

Last edited:

Sybrix

Well, that's baloney, because 99.8% of these migrant Africans seem to be young men of fighting age. If the situatioons were so destitute where are the women and children? No, this is a tool to destabilize Europe, which everybody knows it is, for example Erdogan frequently threatens to open the floodgates if he doesn't get what he wants. Well, somebody is doing that now, and Europe has to handle it like that, not by giving these people asylum and letting them all over the place while you maybe deal with them years down the road.

You cannot solve the world's problems by just inviting everyone to come to Europe. That's not going to work. Same for USA too.

If you read my post, i'm not saying these migrants are fleeing these circumstance's, im saying all the EU countries that subscribe to the various UN charters and ECHR have to consider these factors with every case.

It's the reason why it takes so long to determine if someone can be classed as a refugee or not, partly why the UK is in such a state with its migration problem.

Many would argue that the reason most of these migrants are men is due to the fact men stronger and more able to survive the journey, woman attempting it could be subject to rape, thrown into slavery, children sold to the highest bidder, Men arent as valuable commodity as women and children are. Personally i'm not sold on this reasoning but it does seem logical.

You cant solve the world's problems by inviting everyone to Europe, however when the West de-stabilizes Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan, their are consequences.

Brigandier

Where's all the women and children???

These invaders are not looking to work or to make a new life and contribute to society and integrate with natives, Most have nothing but disgust and hate towards Europeans especially British.

They come here because it's a free ride and the system is easily played.

Cyberpunkd

Well, that's baloney, because 99.8% of these migrant Africans seem to be young men of fighting age. If the situatioons were so destitute where are the women and children?
I don't approve of these migrants, but it's not that difficult to answer - the families send men as they are most likely to work hard, physical labour and send money back home. Also as a rule women with children are less likely to be uprooted and migrate than men are.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I don't approve of these migrants, but it's not that difficult to answer - the families send men as they are most likely to work hard, physical labour and send money back home. Also as a rule women with children are less likely to be uprooted and migrate than men are.
If that’s the case, then they are economic migrants and that is NOT a valid asylum claim. They need to be turned away and can go back from where they came.

Cyberpunkd

If that’s the case, then they are economic migrants and that is NOT a valid asylum claim. They need to be turned away and can go back from where they came.
Agreed, vast majority of Africa is not destabilized, however they know they can claim e.g. homosexuality prosecution to try and game the system.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
If you read my post, i'm not saying these migrants are fleeing these circumstance's, im saying all the EU countries that subscribe to the various UN charters and ECHR have to consider these factors with every case.

It's the reason why it takes so long to determine if someone can be classed as a refugee or not, partly why the UK is in such a state with its migration problem.

Many would argue that the reason most of these migrants are men is due to the fact men stronger and more able to survive the journey, woman attempting it could be subject to rape, thrown into slavery, children sold to the highest bidder, Men arent as valuable commodity as women and children are. Personally i'm not sold on this reasoning but it does seem logical.

You cant solve the world's problems by inviting everyone to Europe, however when the West de-stabilizes Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan, their are consequences.
The idea that *literally* anyone who shows up on your shores and recites the magic words gets some due process that can take years to adjudicate is just objectively insane, and any country that values its sovereignty needs to withdraw from those charters.

They're not fleeing war, they're not fleeing violence, they're economic migrants, everyone knows this, they have no right to be there, they need to go and they need to be stopped from coming. This is true of the USA too, although the countries are different.

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

This is the russians, flood the EU with undesirables, EU citizens get fucked off and elect Right Wing governments favourable to Putin.. job done clear as day.

The EU & UK need to go all Ozzy with this shit, round em up, stick em somewhere preferrably in mainland Africa and then properly process them and weed out the economic migrants from the actual asyulm cases

There's too big an industry of outraged left wing activists and their legal profression shills, for that to happen.

I think this migrant thing has become a business. The very same way that the homeless crisis has been turned into a business, which is why it won't go away. There is money to be made.
I read that they passed a law in California that gives migrants 300 bucks a week, on our backs. I think it has become quite evident that some one or some group of individuals is attempting to break society, steadily and intentionally. It really feels like they want us at each other's throats, too. There are so many problems that it all feels like a concerted distraction from something(s) else. I can't even count how many fucked up issues that are unique to one another, that have been coming out for months on end. It's like a chain of batshit crazy events. I know this is kind of derailing, but.. what tells me a lot is how The Our Government reacted to Maui. To me, that was the final straw.

Tams

Blaming doesn't solve anything.

Anyway, if this continues or gets worse (which I think it will), we all know what will need to be and I'm certain will be done.

Dr.Morris79

Literal invasion and occupation. It’s unreal how organised this all is.

If this happened 100 years ago it would’ve been seen as an act of war.

Imagine your hometown overrun by thousands of military-aged men from another country overnight. It driving me insane how passive Italy and the EU are about all this.
Funny you should say that, I said the exact same thing about America this morning before work to someone, what was it the other day? 2000?

I don't think most in the EU, UK and Italy are staying passive..

And you're talking about unarmed countries, America is armed, has worse numbers and is doing fuck all, that's worse it seems..

AfricanKing

Where's all the women and children???

These invaders are not looking to work or to make a new life and contribute to society and integrate with natives, Most have nothing but disgust and hate towards Europeans especially British.

They come here because it's a free ride and the system is easily played.

What a funny question.. would you send your wife and kids across the desert and onto a small boat that might make it to Europe?

Better the men take the risk and once they claim asylum they can have their families flown over or they can find work and send money it back home

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Europe has the double paralysis of compassion and guilt.
It’s neither.
The welcoming lefties in the EU would do exactly as we saw the Twitter blue checks do in the Summer of Love in America. It’s all fine and dandy and legitimate compensation, until “they” put the wrong neighborhood on fire.

Nobody just has the balls to raise a finger because two seconds later you’d be the target of very, very bad press from every corner of the world. No country is going to help a country whose government has been accused of racism and “fascism” (btw, whoever thinks any kind of extreme right wing party has a chance to govern Italy should really go back to politics 101).

Don't Italy have army?

What's stopping your government from sending navy to block those boats from where they start?

This shit requires decisive action. I'm glad that Poland fights EU stupidity on this front.
The guarantee of sanctions from the EU and of shaming from everyone who has a smartphone is stopping any resolute action from being taken.

Our government would sooner use the army to repress the freedom of its own citizens than against any invader, presumed or real. We’ve seen this clearly enough in 2020-2022. Too risky to defy our EU/US overlords.

Oh, and once again guys: even if Russia has a hand in this, it’s absolutely not the first time Lampedusa is home to refugees to extreme levels. This has been happening on pretty much a regular basis since Gaddafi was killed, even if now it’s worse.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Any country inundated with immigration/refugee issues is really their own doing.

If a country is known for pushback, waves of migrants won’t bother going. But if the message PR’ed “cmon over, we welcome all people in need” then you can’t do a 180 and shut the door or complain if things get out of hand.

You got to have some controls in place.

But as we’ve seen in recent times with Syrian or African migrants coming to European countries by the 1000s let’s face it. The Euro countries are full of shit. They aren’t so all arms open when it gets big. Easy to promote that when there’s no massive migrant movements. But when it happens you better live to your word.

A lot of migrants don’t seem to overwhelm middle eastern rich countries that can be right there. During the Syrian crisis, you think the easiest fastest route would be go east to those ultra rich oil countries but they didn’t. Many preferred trekking all the way to Germany or even went farther to Scandinavian countries which seems like a giant journey. That’s probably because every migrant knows if you come in bus and train loads to Saudi Arabia they kick you back.

Every poor person wants a better life. And that can involve making the trek to another country legally or illegally. Can’t fault any migrant that takes them at their word of being helpful to poor immigrants.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Literal invasion and occupation. It’s unreal how organised this all is.

If this happened 100 years ago it would’ve been seen as an act of war.

Imagine your hometown overrun by thousands of military-aged men from another country overnight. It driving me insane how passive Italy and the EU are about all this.
Uhhhh, it's happening to the US right now as well.

Climate change, "over population", corrupt/ineffective home country governments, and a weak sense of protectionism/guilt in destination countries is driving a FLOOD of immigrants that is probably going to drive some pretty horrible downstream policies and reactions. I don't think these groups are integrating well and it will make it easy to scapegoat them. Even the most superfluous reading of history shows that when immigration surges like this, either the migrating group or the receiving culture are eliminated. They almost never co-exist or peacefully merge.

Cyberpunkd

I read that they passed a law in California that gives migrants 300 bucks a week, on our backs.
Do you realise in America you can be an illegal immigrant while also continuing to pay taxes? Since you are unable to correctly use the Internet I did it for you:

The proposed law aims to provide undocumented workers up to 20 weeks of $300 weekly unemployment checks, contingent on meeting minimal work requirements.
Explain to me how an illegal immigrant is able to meet “minimal work requirements”? Through the magic of American legal system it looks like they can!

Do you realise in America you can be an illegal immigrant while also continuing to pay taxes? Since you are unable to correctly use the Internet I did it for you:

Explain to me how an illegal immigrant is able to meet “minimal work requirements”? Through the magic of American legal system it looks like they can!
If you think illegals pay taxes for the most part, I have a bridge to sell you.
I process money orders for plenty of them that send it out of the country. Many new people, as well. From Ecuador, Venezuela, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Colombia. Just to name a few. Its always all cash and in 100s or 20s.
The reason why an illegal can meet minimum requirements is because the system is broken, now. It's effectively working against the same people that contribute to it the most.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

So nice the came thrice.

Well, that’s Italian government for ya. Zero policies or control.

It’s like when you hear about giant sporting events. The people inside bought a ticket and have a seat, but then security can’t handle with waves of gate crashers plowing through.

Ok, it’s a one time incident. Or is it. Next thing you know it happens again another time.

But what does Italian government care? None of the big wigs probably even live there.

Bojji

The guarantee of sanctions from the EU and of shaming from everyone who has a smartphone is stopping any resolute action from being taken.

Our government would sooner use the army to repress the freedom of its own citizens than against any invader, presumed or real. We’ve seen this clearly enough in 2020-2022. Too risky to defy our EU/US overlords.

Oh, and once again guys: even if Russia has a hand in this, it’s absolutely not the first time Lampedusa is home to refugees to extreme levels. This has been happening on pretty much a regular basis since Gaddafi was killed, even if now it’s worse.

Pussy governments of Western Europe, why can't countries protect their own citizens from this invasion of people completely incompatible with their cultures? Germany brought this shit on whole continent so Italy should put those people in containers and send to Berlin.

It's really fucking sad to see many beautiful places turned into shitholes.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
We've been doing this for aaaaages. It doesn't work! It doesn't even work within the EU.
I'm tired of this shit!

Hey… I’m not necessarily advocating for more support, but it’d be the only way to stop them wanting to come here. People from poor countries, with shocking education, human rights, personal freedoms, and opportunity, are always going to want to get away from them. Half these countries are frankly backward, religious shit holes.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Hey… I’m not necessarily advocating for more support, but it’d be the only way to stop them wanting to come here. People from poor countries, with shocking education, human rights, personal freedoms, and opportunity, are always going to want to get away from them. Half these countries are frankly backward, religious shit holes.
Alas history shows, with shocking regularity, that this kind of mass unrestricted immigration just makes the new place as bad as the old place. These folks are (mostly) not escaping with the intent to better themselves and integrate, they just want more stuff and they are content to take it from you.

There is no good equitable solution unfortunately. These areas are a waste pit of humanitarian aid and are essentially ungovernable by western democratic means.

Imagine buying a house there with your wife to retire or have been retired and out of fucking nowhere this happens. Its one thing someone is seeking asylum, these guys are just coming in droves before any paperwork is being considered. Maybe not today. but they will take over or even kill these locals. These young men didnt come to cry and beg, they came to take over. Its ridiculous what is being allowed. Can you imagine this happening in UAE or Saudi....supposedly their "brothers" that dont want them.

Pussy governments of Western Europe, why can't countries protect their own citizens from this invasion of people completely incompatible with their cultures? Germany brought this shit on whole continent so Italy should put those people in containers and send to Berlin.

Imagine next place runover is Lake Como in Italy...as someone already wrote, they arent coming to comply they will just make the once nice land, as shit as it is where they came from. They dont give a shit about history and culture and how old some of those fountains and buildings are.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

They can’t because western countries always PR they are Robin Hood and will help all people needing help. The government and leadership style is about democracy and freedom and such too.

So trying to clamp down on people needing help migrating looks bad making them look like greedy Scrooge.

It’s basically floodgates open because their image is floodgates open.

Last edited:

Bojji

They can’t because western countries always PR they are Robin Hood and will help all people needing help. The government and leadership style is about democracy and freedom and such too.

So trying to clamp down on people needing help migrating looks bad making them look like greedy Scrooge.

It’s basically floodgates open because their image is floodgates open.

This will potentially destroy some countries in next decades. Current polititans probably don't care about stuff like that, as long their life is comfortable...

...illegally selling 250.000 visas to migrants from Asia and Africa in the meantime. Haven't you heard of the recent scandal? :messenger_beaming: There are even unboxing videos on YT :)

I know about this stuff, but this was some high level corruption and not (official) government plan, like in Germany for example.

Tams

Said countries are also not going to get any better if the good people all leave.

Not that I think most of these economic migrants are good people.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This will potentially destroy some countries in next decades. Current polititans probably don't care about stuff like that, as long their life is comfortable...
Of course. Thats the way it always is for anyone.

People are self centred. It's easy to say lets add more food banks, addiction clinics and unemployment offices in every city. hey government, stop being cheap. Do it for the greater good. And you know what? Gov often does. What do they care? Gov has unlimited pocketbooks, politicians make good money with giant pensions, any tax increase is peanuts compared to their pay and none of them will live anywhere close to clinics and Goodwill stores with poor people on their last dollar needs to buy stuff.

Gov: Ok, they have to be put somewhere. We are going to build some in your neighbourhood.

Citizens Jeff and Jennifer: Fuck that. If you built it near my house, you'll get creepy people nearby, my house will go down in value and I dont want my kids walking to school passing by lines of poor people. Built that shit in another part of town.

The best example of politician being assheads was doing Floyd riots (I think thats when it happened). In New York, protesters were honking horns all night and people were getting pissed they cant sleep. Mayor did nothing for weeks. Then the people affected started honking their horns all night in front of the politicians condo pissing him off.

Next thing you know they guy passes a law saying no more middle of the night honking. What a jackass. Its always different when it happens on your property.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sadly correct. The only real way to stop this is for rich counties to work with poor countries to increase the quality of life in those poor countries.

Anyone see that happening?
Hard to do since many countries have qualifications. So to immigrate to Canada youre supposed to fill out a point base survey and pay a fee of a grand or two. The better your education, language skills, business entrepreneurship skills, assets etc.... the more points you get.

So what happens? Canadian immigrants sap away the best people from poorer countries. So how is quality of life in a poor country going to really get better when the smartest and skilled people with cash bolt to western countries?

That's why Canada's immigrant status seems so much better than the US where a lot of them are random nobodies with no skills hopping a Texas border. The people coming to Canada are trained and have money. That's why home prices jump up so much because the people coming over have money to join in bidding up properties.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Hard to do since many countries have qualifications. So to immigrate to Canada youre supposed to fill out a point base survey and pay a fee of a grand or two. The better your education, language skills, business entrepreneurship skills, assets etc.... the more points you get.

So what happens? Canadian immigrants sap away the best people from poorer countries. So how is quality of life in a poor country going to really get better when the smartest and skilled people with cash bolt to western countries?

That's why Canada's immigrant status seems so much better than the US where a lot of them are random nobodies with no skills hopping a Texas border. The people coming to Canada are trained and have money. That's why home prices jump up so much because the people coming over have money to join in bidding up properties.
This benefits us all though. Elon Musk stuck on some farm in South Africa might be great for the 4 farms around him benefitting from his drive, but put him in AMERICA and he is changing the WORLD.

I don't know of any well regulated country that let's you just show up and stay like the US, pretty much EVERY other country that can enforce borders has a more rigorous set of entry requirements. The US benefits from loosely regulated immigration in lots of ways, but you still gotta have some bar to entry lest the drug/trafficking gangs run rampant.

Toons

Just read the news that France won’t take any of them. Although nearly all of them speak French. It’s a humanitarian Desaster, fueled by greedy people who try to make as much money that they can from these poor bastards.

I can’t imagine how it must be to pay with the money your village gathered for you to travel over, only to be stuck in a camp with worse conditions than before. No hope, no freedom. And if you get into another country, your only chance lies in criminal acts because you aren’t allowed to work.

This is exactly how it plays out every time. It is a shame.

Toons

The sad thing is that some wank fuck in Portland will call all these people native to the area a bunch of nazis for being scared for their homeland and then they'll go groom kids or whatever that purple place does for fun.

There's a word for a nation annexing another one... but we won't say it, don't want to get the they/thems cross now

Lol. Can't respond to this honestly due to the politics rules, but this is Hi-larious coming from an individual saying the things you are saying.

Toons

You're one of rhe few here posting sensible insight into this. Good on you.

This problem is not some easy one with easy solution, and its not a new issue with no background. The conditions for this have been established over the last 50 years and thats a conservative estimate.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Imagine buying a house there with your wife to retire or have been retired and out of fucking nowhere this happens. Its one thing someone is seeking asylum, these guys are just coming in droves before any paperwork is being considered. Maybe not today. but they will take over or even kill these locals. These young men didnt come to cry and beg, they came to take over. Its ridiculous what is being allowed. Can you imagine this happening in UAE or Saudi....supposedly their "brothers" that dont want them.
It doesn’t even have to get that dangerous for locals to leave. All it takes is some scummy people (locals or foreigners doesn’t matter) to fuck everything up.

Every city in history is basically built the same.

- Not a ton of people
- Everyone kind of lives close to the core including rich people
- as technology improves… buggies, cars, subways, work from home… people disperse
- Shit loads of people grow in the city
- As time goes on, all the chill upper middle and rich people move away as it’s too crowded downtown, too many bums, crime, druggies are always downtown, too dirty etc…. Get me outta here
- All those awesome mansions that rich people lived downtown in 1930 get sold over time and either redeveloped into office towers, stores or social assistance clinics
- Or they get saved by the city as heritage landmarks where 100 years ago Sir Bob B. Brown, founder of first national bank, once lived with his family downtown with everyone else
- there’s still people like Sir Bobby in modern day. But he likely lives in a gated block an hour away. He would rather commute downtown to the office tower an hour each way everyday just to away from the crowd

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Straying away from any politics...

Can you just imagine how much of an absolute mind fuck it would be to go to bed on Wednesday, wake up on Thursday, and just be SURROUNDED by black men?

I mean irl, not xvideos.

Cyberpunkd

It doesn’t even have to get that dangerous for locals to leave. All it takes is some scummy people (locals or foreigners doesn’t matter) to fuck everything up.

Every city in history is basically built the same.

- Not a ton of people
- Everyone kind of lives close to the core including rich people
- as technology improves… buggies, cars, subways, work from home… people disperse
- Shit loads of people grow in the city
- As time goes on, all the chill upper middle and rich people move away as it’s too crowded downtown, too many bums, crime, druggies are always downtown, too dirty etc…. Get me outta here
- All those awesome mansions that rich people lived downtown in 1930 get sold over time and either redeveloped into office towers, stores or social assistance clinics
- Or they get saved by the city as heritage landmarks where 100 years ago Sir Bob B. Brown, founder of first national bank, once lived with his family downtown with everyone else
- there’s still people like Sir Bobby in modern day. But he likely lives in a gated block an hour away. He would rather commute downtown to the office tower an hour each way everyday just to away from the crowd
Is this how American cities are? That’s sad. In Europe we try to make cities liveable for its inhabitants.
When everyone is driving to the city each morning you get traffic jams. Time I commute is time wasted, and time is the most precious asset you have, rich people know that very well.

Straying away from any politics...

Can you just imagine how much of an absolute mind fuck it would be to go to bed on Wednesday, wake up on Thursday, and just be SURROUNDED by black men?

I mean irl, not xvideos.

Do you ever wake up and feel a little?:
85a.png

Well? Do you?

Last edited:

What a weirdly ahistorical idealistic view, or you mean a very specific city where this happened.

Those "chill rich people" created the conditions that caused their successors to move out, they are directly responsible for the city becoming crowded and full of, eww, undesirables.

What people fear in Europe as we have a history of it, sometimes intentionally, is Europe turning into the Balkans or Ukraine for that matter. Crimea and the Donbass is the way it is, because millions of Russian went to live there, often against their will to make those areas more culturally Russian. This was done under Stalin. It was an intentional effort to make the Soviet Union more Cohesive and look what's happened. Same thing in Kosovo with it being majority Albanian. When a region of a country becomes demographically very different to the rest, it quite often separates as it sees itself as different. We are seeing this play out now in Ukraine. This isn't some kind of conspiracy theory. This is a well documented phenomenon and has been used by dictatorships throughout history.

Peggies

Gold Member
What a weirdly ahistorical idealistic view, or you mean a very specific city where this happened.

Those "chill rich people" created the conditions that caused their successors to move out, they are directly responsible for the city becoming crowded and full of, eww, undesirables.
Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF
Come on, what kind of infantile "eat the rich" bullshit is this?

The city I live in for example is becoming more and more (yeah, let's call it) "crowded". Social security system (used the be one of the best in the world) is collapsing. We have public schools in certain districts with 90% pupils who don't speak the language.

And yes, as StreetsofBeige StreetsofBeige points out, the chill rich people (doesn't even matter if right or left wing) move away, send their kids to private schools and have their private doctors, while they're frowning about those "stupid xenophobe people and their silly fears of the future".

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

We have public schools in certain districts with 90% pupils who don't speak the language.
This is not really on immigrants but on your government for not integrating them properly. For example France has this:

1. Obligatory kindergarten to prevent kids from being brought up in a sectarian environment till the age of 6
2. Everything related to acquiring citizenship requires knowledge of French history, values and language.

Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF
Come on, what kind of infantile "eat the rich" bullshit is this?

The city I live in for example is becoming more and more (yeah, let's call it) "crowded". Social security system (used the be one of the best in the world) is collapsing. We have public schools in certain districts with 90% pupils who don't speak the language.

And yes, as StreetsofBeige StreetsofBeige points out, the chill rich people (doesn't even matter if right or left wing) move away, send their kids to private schools and have their private doctors, while they're frowning about those "stupid xenophobe people and their silly fears of the future".

So what? They created ghettos because they needed cheap labour to work in their factories but made sure to still make money from them by owning the land they build their ghettos on. Then when there is a need for more labour and not enough housing or land for them you get a crowded situation. The poor people that have to work in the city are stuck in this situation while you now have a middle class with the luxury of moving away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom