• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italy Appoints Black Cabinet Minister, Erupts With Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypron

It pisses me to no end to see those assholes insulting other people (people that are often far more intelligent and useful to their country) because of their skin colour. If anything, they're the inferior ones: this lady has been healing people for 30 years, and she's now going to look after a whole country. What have these racist assholes achieved, how much have they contributed to their country?

Log4Girlz

Holy shit, why do people hate black people. Seriously what the fuck is it

People hate "otherness". Black people have different skin color hence hate is directed towards them by some of other races. There have been countless reasons to hate strangers since the beginning of the species.

If only Lega Nord didn't have so much following, we could still save some face. ;)

Lega Nord thrives on political and economical instability. They are the leeches that bleed the country dry while getting fat and healthy, while at the same time enforcing racism, distrust and sexism that is already there.

Gaf you are overestimating the thing. The bunch of fascists who said this thing is just a minority ( i say they are a bunch of idiots) who have not much followers and they are quite unpopolar here. About the offenses during soccer matchs, most of the times they do not apply in everyday life and are shouted just for the "match". I am not saying that here there isn't racism at all but that from a foreigner point of view it seem much worse than it is.Also it is funny that people who have only italian ancestors and who have never been in italy speak about italian racism linking it to what their grandparents said them as if they have current evidence

What the heck is this? As a certain famous black person once said: "You can't hate the roots of a tree". Why would I be racist against people "like me"? I hate my own family and friends now? The ones that I came from? el-o-el. Talking about self determination and finding nothing wrong with who you are, instead of trying to kiss ass from the entire freaking world=racism. Gotcha. I actually want to see "my people" succeed and flourish instead of spinning falsehoods to keep them placated.

If you wanted to see them flourish you wouldn't constantly be calling for them to limit themselves like you have in this and many other threads like this.

UrbanRats

I bet the asshole who came up with bonga bonga (instead of bunga bunga) thought he was so clever.
Mario Borghezio is the rock bottom of our political scenery (i wouldn't even call him a politician, i'm surprised he can read) it's a bit unfair to point him out as being just a random member of the parliament.

Then again his political party, Lega Nord, is full of crazy fucks, and their very premise (split Italy in two) is highly debatable, to say the least, lol.

I guess Fabricated Backlash described them well enough:

Lega Nord thrives on political and economical instability. They are the leeches that bleed the country dry while getting fat and healthy, while at the same time enforcing racism, distrust and sexism that is already there.
They come off as someone like Alex Jones (only they actually got elected) or whatever, that is fueling paranoia and fear in what is usually ignorant people, often low income factory workers, to boot.

I don't have problems calling them a cancer in our political system.

Holy shit, why do people hate black people. Seriously what the fuck is it

no just blacks but all minorities. I know this guy who went to Italy to do his masters in mechanical engineering. According to him, not only was the program complete shit, the country was full of racist as well. He was on scholarship though, he got free Euros and traveled the continent for a year.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I've been reading the name as Nega Lord this entire thread and imagining him dressed up as a Power Rangers villain.

harSon

Banned
No they weren't. They singlehandedly colonized Africa to their benefit, enslaved and marginalized the people there, extracted resources for their benefit, converted them to their religion etc.

Now that black people want to and are legally able to just live or work alongside them in their own countries, it's too much?

I think he's saying that many European countries were considered to be non-racist, but that was an illusion reinforced by the fact that their countries were ethnically homogeneous. As soon as immigration disrupted homogeneity, the perception of these same European countries regarding racial attitudes shifted dramatically.

This fucking swine isn't speaking for me. Nor are these neo fascist shitheads representative for italy. They just leech off the economic and political turmoil here.

O course not, I don't believe every individual on earth hates black people. I'm speaking on humans as a species. Or more specifically I don't understand what about skin color that instills such hatred in mankind. Like I would understand the universal hate more if like blacks had conquered the entire world and massacred billions, raped and enslaved billions of people and did this for a millennium or two. Then sure I guess I can see the hate. I'm not a history major but I'm pretty sure my aforementioned scenario has never happened. So I struggle to understand where the hate comes from.

And when you think about...are we not created in God's image? And can't we trace the origins of man back to Africa?...

UrbanRats

O course not, I don't believe every individual on earth hates black people. I'm speaking on humans as a species. Or more specifically I don't understand what about skin color that instills such hatred in mankind. Like I would understand the universal hate more if like blacks had conquered the entire world and massacred billions, raped and enslaved billions of people and did this for a millennium or two. Then sure I guess I can see the hate. I'm not a history major but I'm pretty sure my aforementioned scenario has never happened. So I struggle to understand where the hate comes from.

And when you think about...are we not created in God's image? And can't we trace the origins of man back to Africa?...

Because it's something immediately evident to the eye as something "different" or from a different culture.
People who are racist here, hate just as much Albanians, Chinese or whatever other immigrant you can identify coming from a situation of lower income.
People (well, racists) hate what's different and apparently more so if it's poor.

If you're a black American tourist you won't receive the same "look" a black immigrant from north Africa would get.
-
Basically the father side of my family (which i rarely interact with, tbh) is the perfect example of this, the most simpleminded people you can imagine in everything from politics' view, racism, homophobia etc (my uncle even had a Mussolini poster, lol).

On my mother's side of the family they are the opposite, extremely left-ists fairly progressive for the most part (as much as someone who lives in the countryside can be, i guess).

So it was always interesting to see the two sides juxtaposed, but i'm glad i've grown up with the good side of the family, is all. :p

Ironmask

:(

Why do all the countries with awesome food, culture, and landscapes hate black people.
Italy, Greece, basically European and Asian countries...

it really is absurd; our food, culture,art and language is deeply connected to the middle east (oh also religion). Pretty much Italy is 80% arabic culture, 15% celtic culture and 5% slavian culture.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
it really is absurd; our food, culture,art and language is deeply connected to the middle east (oh also religion). Pretty much Italy is 80% arabic culture, 15% celtic culture and 5% slavian culture.

Did you just ignore the Roman Empire just like that?

the fuck

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Gaf you are overestimating the thing. The bunch of fascists who said this thing is just a minority ( i say they are a bunch of idiots) who have not much followers and they are quite unpopolar here. About the offenses during soccer matchs, most of the times they do not apply in everyday life and are shouted just for the "match". I am not saying that here there isn't racism at all but that from a foreigner point of view it seem much worse than it is.Also it is funny that people who have only italian ancestors and who have never been in italy speak about italian racism linking it to what their grandparents said them as if they have current evidence

People like you who come into these threads to downplay racism offend me way more than the actual racists.

Kayo-kun

:(

Why do all the countries with awesome food, culture, and landscapes hate black people.
Italy, Greece, basically European and Asian countries...

Black people are not hated in Turkey. Just wanted to add that so you don't lump all the mediterranean countries into the racist club.

UrbanRats

And this is one reasons why I refuse to go to Europe. I mean black people are hated everywhere, but still.

Not everywhere in Europe is the same.

People like you who come into these threads to downplay racism offend me way more than the actual racists.
It's not cool to downplay racism, but it's also unfair to take Borghezio's words as a standard for what the majority of Italians think.
It'd be like using Sarah Palin to paint all Americans.

Metrotab

Banned

What? Are you ignoring the Greco-Roman roots that have dominated the social sphere for the past 2 and a half millennia?

You do realize that there was something called the Roman Empire and the Greco Empire before it... Right?

What the f are you talking about? i am trying to explain to you , who have probably read only an article on the web, that a nation can't be described correctly if you take note only of things done/said by small group of dumb extremists.you risk to misinterpret the data and feed the old cliches.

Ironmask

for the guys talking about the roman empire, remember that it lasted around 1000 years (509 b.c. - 476 a.c) then we had 1350 years (let's say till the risorgimental movement of 1820) of different reigns ruling our divided country: byzantins, longobards, carolingians, arabs, normans etc.... oh and let's don't forget the importance of the commercial routes!

Jay Sosa

oh italy (and spain).

Everytime an I hear an italian make racist comments about black people I have to think of that movie where brad pitt plays a stoner.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Well the Romans stole most of their stuff from the Etruskians and Greeks anyway so. Italy had huge arabic influence even before the romans established.

Sure, but it's certainly the most robust and evident influence in the history of Italy. Ignoring them in such way is borderline insulting.

SamVimes

Pic from the article of the minister:
cecile-kyenge-italy-cropped-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

(she's on the right, of course)

What's Don Draper's secretary doing in the italian government?

MMaRsu

Banned
Goddamnit Italy why u so racist.

People are so goddamn retarded I don't even know where to begin. I'm getting so fucking sick of all the racism in the world based on fucking nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom