• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'ts been 8 years since the P.T Demo was released on the PS Store

the_master

Don’t understand the love for this. My brother in law was super excited and had me download it the first day and play through it. I did and beat it that night. I died once. He thought it was great, I don’t understand all the praise it gets as it was only ok.

Different strokes I guess
I find it hard to believe that you “finished it”
Unless you went online and did all the right things.

Part of the fun was the community figuring out what to do

Vick

Geniuses, I need to do the same.

Anybody try the PC version?

disgusted-dog.gif

Fuck recreations, they'll never get it right both visually and mechanically. P.T. feels so damn good to play and the best part of it is randomized, just like the amount of super rare content of which triggers are still unknown.

Emulation is the way.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Geniuses, I need to do the same.

disgusted-dog.gif

Fuck recreations, they'll never get it right both visually and mechanically. P.T. feels so damn good to play and the best part of it is randomized, just like the amount of super rare content of which triggers are still unknown.

Emulation is the way.
It's better than nothing, though. I'd be with you if I could go to the PS Store right now and download P.T. to my PS5, but I can't.

The Fartist

Gold Member
I don't think it is, honestly.

The game won't age, save the experience for the full, complex and complete real thing. Otherwise you might end up like those "overrated" crazy individuals.
So you'd rather have P.T. stranded, almost nonexistent, on a dying console (PS4)?

What do you mean by won't age?

I seriously doubt that the Silent Hill we're gonna get will be anything like Kojima's vision for P.T.

Vick

So you'd rather have P.T. stranded, almost nonexistent, on a dying console (PS4)?

What do you mean by won't age?
I mean waiting for a proper emulation instead of resorting to home-made bootleg recreations won't hurt your OG experience in the future, as P.T. will very likely be just as effective as it was almost ten years ago. Game plays perfectly and still looks real.

I seriously doubt that the Silent Hill we're gonna get will be anything like Kojima's vision for P.T.
No doubt.

HTK

Banned
I'll never understand the obsessions with that stupid ass demo. (That's my unpopular opinion for today).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hackers got it working the other day, running fine on lower-firmware PS5s that are exploitable.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Remember the ire Konami caused by sending the series out to western developers? They had their moments, but overall, were disappointments. But with a playable teaser, or PT, helmed by Hideo Kojima and Kojima Productions, fans couldn't wait to see what was to come with Silent Hills.

Yet not long after, Konami threw it all away. Go read comments on any video on P.T. and you'll see outpourings of lament for what could have been. I'm sure the comments here will as well.

As of writing in late 2022, Silent Hill is in the midst of returning. Instead of internal teams, they're again farming the IP out to western studios, Silent Hill F being an exception. You would think they learned about outsourcing the IP to western developers. I wish these studios the best of luck, but they have a tall order to fill.

Kojima gave them this opportunity on a silver platter almost a decade back. A director at the helm by name alone could bring in a multitude of fans. Not only that, he was bringing in heavy hitters from outside the industry.

It would return the series back into the hands of Japanese developers. Konami was ahead of the curve in getting Silent Hill back on track as Capcom would do with Resident Evil.

But due to shifting business focuses, and office politics, Konami threw it all away, Kojima included, in 2015. Now they're playing catchup. But it feels uninspired, treading on past glories with a few possible exceptions.

While a short demo, PT was a landmark title. It spawned many imitators, but none that nailed the execution.

It's somewhat ironic one of those developers who made their own title influenced by PT, Bloober Team, is now in charge of the Silent Hill 2 Remake.

While PT was only a playable teaser, it was a glimpse into something people were clamoring for. Something that would never see the light of day. Let's look into PT and why it's something people are still dissecting up until this day.

Timestamps:
• 00:00 - Prelude
• 02:13 - Playing P.T. Today
• 03:15 - The 14 Loops of P.T.
• 19:16 - What Happened to Silent Hills and Kojima?
• 23:11 - What Could Silent Hills Have Been?

Top Bottom