• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's the final stretch of 2022. what do you look forward to most in the upcoming year of 2023?

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Well, it's October. We're almost done with this year (which was significantly better than 2020 and 2021, imo)
What are you looking forward to in 2023 most? Games? Movies? Music? Personal life events? I'm looking forward to being able to get a car in 2023, as well as all the new games that come out that year.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Not a whole lot honestly. Starfield and FFXVI I suppose.

Things will likely be pretty similar for me next year as they are this year. Stable employment, housing, relationship. Pretty much achieved my fitness goals and just maintaining now in my workouts. No trips planned just yet but I'll probably go somewhere.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
don't care how old you are, if you still play with legos you're considered a chad in my eyes
bRxDxgO.jpg

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I'm not looking forward to anything. I think 2023 will be an unmitigated disaster with the world economy crashing. Europe will be completely fucked with the continuing energy crisis, rampaging inflation, energy rich businesses stopping all production, potential black outs and on on top of this a Ukraine-Russia proxy war that could engulf more countries since neither side in this conflict has any intent of seeking peace. The way this is going we're in for a bigger financial disaster than 1929 with WW3 waiting in the wings.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I'm not looking forward to anything. I think 2023 will be an unmitigated disaster with the world economy crashing. Europe will be completely fucked with the continuing energy crisis, rampaging inflation, energy rich businesses stopping all production, potential black outs and on on top of this a Ukraine-Russia proxy war that could engulf more countries since neither side in this conflict has any intent of seeking peace. The way this is going we're in for a bigger financial disaster than 1929 with WW3 waiting in the wings.
fbi fbifam GIF by CBS

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I'm hoping 2023 will be the first entire year where it isn't a real shitfest..... I.e. war, heaver inflation, new outbreak of some shitty virus, natural disaster, etc.

I feel like every year, since I can remember, there is always something chaotic happening making life truly miserable.

On a personal level, I'm looking forward to upgrading my PC. I bought an Alienware during the pandemic, when all components were hard to find. I dropped $3500 for a monster PC. It is a monster PC per se, but there is so much wrong with it. The case is horribly designed inside. No air flow. lots of shorts made and they charged an exuberant amount for it. I learned my lesson though.

Next year, I plan on taking some of the components like the 3090, cpu, hard drives and upgrade everything else including the case

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
My wife wants to go on a family holiday next year which sounds good to me. Disney was brought up but I shut that nonsense down before it got started. I’m not a fucking 9 yr old girl. If I want to see a bunch of things in costumes I’ll go to a titty bar. I figure somewhere in Europe. Barcelona, or some place in Italy. Rome would be cool. Maybe one of them weird places like Sweden or Denmark. I don’t know what the fuck they do. Make cheese. Herd cats. Who knows.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I see responses concerned about the state of the world already in this thread. What helps me is to focus on what I can control and actually hear, see, smell, and feel for myself--not what's presented to me through a screen. I'd like to save the world too, but there's only so much I can do. Taking on the weight of all the evil out there does nothing to improve anyone's life and is more likely to add more harm; negativity begets more negativity. Unless you're able to channel it into something productive, of course. Worrying in itself isn't productive.

On-topic: I feel like a lot of video games delayed due to the pandemic are finally starting to come out again the end of this year/2023--especially lots of single-player "survival horror"-like games which are absolute catnip for me!

The Calisto Protocol
Dead Space Remake
Dead Island 2
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Alan Wake 2
Plus Call of Duty Warzone 2.0, which me and the boys are gonna go balls deep on.

Outside of gaming, there's a very good chance I'll be getting a job offer in a new career path in the next week or two. It'd be a short-term setback in terms of earnings, but in a few years, I could consult and make 2x what I'm making now. The subject matter sounds interesting and right up my alley. Pretty excited to see how it plays out! And if it falls through, my current job is actually going pretty well, so no worries there.

So the outlook for 2023 is looking good. Hope it is for you all, too!

Last edited:
One year closer to death, hooray! I've still got a way to go but I'm surely past the half way point and then... peace.

No more having to put up with the dick heads of this world. No more going to work, pretending to care about bring conversations with people I despise. Just eternal rest.

Kenpachii

1) Finishing my weight loss
2) Moving to new place
3) Finishing heritage shit with my sister
4) Done with therapy
5) Stable income
6) Finishing my education and licensing
7) Saving up for a trip for next year to US for some trail with some people.
8) Trying to get anything going relation wise before christmas.

Lots of shit to do basically.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Optimistically: stability for me, no tragedies among family and friends.

Pessimistically: decadence. Things have to get worse before they get better, and 2022 was just the beginning of the worse. I’m not made of sterner stuff, and if a real crisis gets here, I’m not sure I’ll manage.

Realistically: work, books, and games. There’s no lack of work to do, and I have plenty to read and play if the economy forces me to renounce most other things.

Last edited:

Videogames

1.Trails From Azure
2.Trails into Reverie
3.Suikoden 1 + 2 Collection
4.Eiyuden Chronicle Hundred Heroes
5.Hogwart Legacy
6.GrimGrimoire OnceMore
7.Granblue Fantasy Relink
8.Sea of Stars
9.Octopath Traveler 2
10.Loop8 Summer of Gods
11.Fire Emblem Engage
12.Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection
13.Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
14.The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails
15.Metal Slug Tactics
16.Front Mission 2
17.Front Mission 3
18.Persona 3
19.Persona 4
20.Advance Wars 1 + 2 Remake

Movies

1.Megan
2.Distant
3.Babylon
4.Knock at the Cabin
5.Ant-Man and the Wasp Quantumania
6.Cocaine Bear
7.Dungeons & Dragons Honor Among Thieves
8.Creed III
9.Shazam! Fury of the Gods
10.John Wick Chapter 4
11.Scream 6
12.The Pale Blue Eye
13.Super Mario Bros. Movie
14.Evil Dead Rise
15.Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
16.Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse
17.Elemental
18.Indiana Jones 5
19.Oppenheimer
20.The Marvels
21.Blue Beetle
22.The Nun 2
23.True Love
24.The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
25.Dune Part Two
26.Wonka

Shows

1.Rurouni Kenshin
2.Attack on Titan The Final Season Part 3
3.Trigun Stampede
4.Dr. Stone Season 3
5.Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts
6.The Legend of Heroes Sen no Kiseki Northern War
7.Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV Part 2
8.Vinland Saga Season 2
9.NieR:Automata
10.Tomo-chan Is a Girl!
11.Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible
12.Junji Ito Maniac: Japanese Tales of the Macabre
13.The Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2
14.Insomniacs After School
15.Spy Classroom
16.The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague
17.Oyukiumi no Kaina
18.Agatha Coven Of Chaos
19.Anansi Boys
20.Ashoka
21.Batman Caped Crusader
22.Dead Boy Detectives
23.Echo
24.Fallout
25.Grendel
26.Iwaju
27.Loki Season 2
28.Mayfair Witches
29.Secret Invasion
30.Spider-Man Freshman Year
31.Star Wars Skeleton Crew
32.Time Bandits
33.Three-Body Problem
34.The Mandalorian Season 3
35.The Idol
36.True Detective Night Country
37.The Last of Us
38.X-Men 1997

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Looking forward to the most? The spontaneous news about how our own Sun is about to Supernova. Otherwise, it's business as usual. Oh... and if not that? Then, Tears of the Kingdom(BOTW2)

Top Bottom