• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's UPN's turn! 'Amish in the City'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
http://www.upn.com/shows/amish_in_the_city/

AMISH IN THE CITY, a new reality series, will provide a unique look into the Amish journey of discovery, known as rumspringa, through a group of young adults who have left their spiritually devout, rural communities to experience life in the big city, with six roommates from various metropolitan areas.

header.jpg

16.jpg

They even managed to squeeze the standard gay guy in!

24.jpg

ShyGuy

This is evidence that the "Reality" genre has reached new lows.

This is about turning your back on religion, Worst. Idea. Evarrrr.

I can't even imagine how much worse it could get.........

Socreges

Banned
ShyGuy said:

GROOM_leftframe_15.jpg

D_set_photos1.jpg

C_set_photos_06.jpg

B_set_photos_02.jpg

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
It's moments like this that make me proud to be a citizen of this great country.

american%20flag.jpg

ShyGuy said:

I agree that this idea's just as shi**y as other reality TV shows, but to be fair, the Amish really do this. Those people seem a bit old though, as rumspringa is available for young Amish starting at the age of 16. Course I question if this is actually a legitimate show or if it's "reality" like Joe Schmo.

It's an Amish rite of passage. They allow kids coming of age to go experience things outside of their community for a period of time- all unsupervised. Once the time ends, they have to make the decision whether to re-join their family and community with all it's restrictions or to choose their freedom. If they choose their freedom, they will no longer be able to see friends or family within the community.

Supposedly the non-Amish cast mates are douches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom