• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ivanka Trump’s shoe collection may be moving from China to.... Ethiopia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steejee

This is not surprising - the shift in textile work to wherever the cheapest place is will carry on for the foreseeable future.

Electronics is a slightly different story. China has the infrastructure in place for electronics, and it's hard/expensive to move that industry to a new location. More likely they'll just get more and more automated rather than shift the factories to somewhere cheaper. China right now is desperately trying to avoid the middle income trap.

There's an excellent video series about shifting economies, global warming, etc that I wish I could remember the presenter's name for. It's like 7 videos all from one presentation by this guy who's been a big player in US politics...anyone know what I'm talking about?

Acorn

So in the future it'll be the poor African workers making our iPhones and not chinese ones, eh?
The endless cycle of exploit poor countries workers then move onto another poor country when they gain enough middle class to demand change.

One way or the other, I really don't give a shit. I'm not American, I got no plans to move to the US. I was just pointing out that she was not the one who said she'd bring jobs back to the US.

You gave enough of a shit to make a stupid post that ignores the blatant hypocrisy of Trump promising to bring jobs to the US while not being willing to hold his own family accountable of their foreign labor.

Just your average shit posters that talk about other countries and then follow up with "Well I don't live there so lol whatev"

One way or the other, I really don't give a shit. I'm not American, I got no plans to move to the US. I was just pointing out that she was not the one who said she'd bring jobs back to the US.
She is likely going to be part of the administration and already has accompanied Trump on meetings with foreign diplomats. She'll likely be used as an advisor and given top security clearances.

She should also be held to what the administration says and does.

She is likely going to be part of the administration and already has accompanied Trump on meetings with foreign diplomats. She'll likely be used as an advisor and given top security clearances.

She should also be held to what the administration says and does.

I mean it's not like it matters, all of his clothing lines are made in China or even poorer countries so I'm not sure why people are surprised. Look at anything from the "Donald J Trump" collection and it's all either China, Bangladesh, Indonesia, etc. They even had articles of how he pays like $1.20 for the ties that they sell for $20-$30.

Oersted

Ivanka Trump was last seen at the meeting with Japan President Abe, doing product placement for her jewellry line.

Instead of a foreign policy advisor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom