• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jack Reacher 2 in theaters October 21 2016 - starts shooting in November

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wanna see robert duvall on screen again
He wouldn't be in it. The book series is basically Reacher going into a town, fixing that town's problem, then moving on and forgetting everyone he met.* That's a gross exaggeration and there are some exceptions, but Duvall and Pike are not among them.

I will begrudgingly watch this as a highly enjoyable, super guilty pleasure.

* Hmmm, maybe if the second movie is successful it will go to AMC as a series. It's perfectly suited for it.

Hey told us some anecdotes from the set, from your words Cruise was cool dude, not that we don't know it anyway :).

I wonder if Christopher McQuarrie is involved in this film, probably he is too busy working on the next M:I.

He was pretty chill. He did all of his own stunts. There was a night where he was driving that red car back and forth over a major bridge in the South Side of pittsburgh for a good 3 hours. We thought they were shooting the entire time. Turns out he just wanted to drive and enjoy the bridge by himself for a while hahaha.

They had about 5 of those cars as he would wreck em from time to time doing stunts.

My good buddy is one of the thugs in the parking lot at one point in the movie that he beats up or something.

Oh and at the wrap party I drank about 5 Johnny Walker Blue's that were paid for by the production hahaha.

Also, randomly, I worked on that Will Smith movie coming out Concussion when it was shooting here. Cool thing was at party scene in a club or something he randomly just walked out, grabbed a mic, and sang the Fresh Prince theme right when we wrapped but before everyone went home.

First movie was solid. Looking forward to what Edward Zwick does with the next one.

And basing it on one of the newer Reacher novels, huh? Who is going to be doing the screenplay on this one?

I don't feel like I need to see the first movie again or anything but it was solid and inoffensive as an action/thriller. Marty Stu dude kicking everyone's ass. I'd at least rent the sequel.

He was pretty chill. He did all of his own stunts. There was a night where he was driving that red car back and forth over a major bridge in the South Side of pittsburgh for a good 3 hours. We thought they were shooting the entire time. Turns out he just wanted to drive and enjoy the bridge by himself for a while hahaha.

They had about 5 of those cars as he would wreck em from time to time doing stunts.

My good buddy is one of the thugs in the parking lot at one point in the movie that he beats up or something.

Oh and at the wrap party I drank about 5 Johnny Walker Blue's that were paid for by the production hahaha.

Also, randomly, I worked on that Will Smith movie coming out Concussion when it was shooting here. Cool thing was at party scene in a club or something he randomly just walked out, grabbed a mic, and sang the Fresh Prince theme right when we wrapped but before everyone went home.

Thanks for sharing this little stories :)

The first film was one of those that you wouldn't go out of your way to hunt down or go crazy recommending it to everyone, but if it comes up on cable or shows on a suggested movie on streaming you have to watch it and you have a great time. It is kind of like a comfort food in a way.

black_13

Banned
First one was fantastic! I'm really glad this is going forward!

Cruise gets a lot of hate but he really picks his movies well. I love all his movies from the past 10 years. Even Oblivion which was his worst movie in that time wasn't bad, just average.

Even if Cruise is nuttier than a fruitcake, and even if some of his films are just average, you can never accuse him of phoning it in. He does give it his all. And Xenu bless him for that.

First was enjoyable, but nothing special. I should rewatch it. It's a new Tom Cruise movie, so i'm there day one. He's amazing. Cobie Smulders is rumored to play female lead.
Also, we're getting this in October and then Mena in January. 2 Tom Cruise movies one after the other.

Never forget dat cover:

91nlvYE60wL._SL1500_.jpg

devilhawk

The bar and fight scene is great. I love how tall Cruise was in the bar, then how short he was while doing his own stunts in the street fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom