• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jan-Michael Vincent Airwolf and Big Wednesday actor dies, aged 73

1219.jpg

Actor known for string of roles in 1970s and 80s died in February but not revealed until now.

Actor Jan-Michael Vincent, best known for his role as a pilot on 1980s TV series Airwolf, has died, aged 73.

According to his death certificate, obtained by TMZ, Vincent died of cardiac arrest on 10 February in a North Carolina hospital but his death was only reported on Friday by TMZ.

Source

Only seven left now.

I remember Airwolf and honestly never saw anything else of his. RIP.

choco-fish

Stringfellow Hawk was such an iconic role for him and probably what everyone remembers him for. He was in a few other great films back in the day too. RIP

Liljagare

Not surprised he went, but still sad. He was a arse to his wifeys though and did it to himself.

A career lost I think though, he was pretty good in his prime.

DiscoJer

I'm surprised he lived that long. I remember seeing an interview with Ernest Borgnine a year or two before his death and he spoke very sadly about what happened with Vincent. Said he was a great actor, but had so many issues

And for no reason, here's a C-64 version of the theme

Last edited:

Xyrmellon

What happened to him later in life? I saw some interviews after Airwolf and his speech was different and slurred and he didn't look great physically. Either an accident or heavy drug use.

Top Bottom