• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

British actor Peter Vaughan (GOT's Maester Aemon) has died aged 93

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/806126722617929728

British actor Peter Vaughan, best-known for roles in Game of Thrones and Porridge, has died at the age of 93.
He played Maester Aemon in HBO's epic fantasy series and Grouty in the classic TV sitcom.
His many other roles included parts in TV shows Citizen Smith and Chancer.
His agent Sally Long-Innes said: "This is to confirm that very sadly Peter Vaughan passed away at approximately 10.30 this morning. He died peacefully with his family around him."

:( RIP

Busty

Banned
That's some career.

And his
final line
in the show was amazing.

What a
death bed
scene.

RIP.

He was superb as Grouty in porridge. Quite surprised because he looked like he was in his sixties back then, and that show was from the mid seventies!

mclem

I didn't even know Grouty was still alive. We've lost too many people from Porridge. Although we do still have Christopher Biggins.

Edit: Oh, Jock McClaren's still around.

Edit2: Gosh, Grouty was only in three episodes, per IMDB - that's as many as David Jason. I thought he was a much more regular character!

Wonderful actor, he also had a memorable role in Brazil. RIP

brazil4.jpg

Menchi

I'd thought he died not long after Season 5 had ended, did he just leave the show due to poor health at the time?

NYR

Is this why he left the show? (Died, IIRC?)

I doubt it, they just changed it from the books, they do that a bit. In the books,
he dies on a merchant ship full of regret for not being able to speak to and consul Daenerys.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
RIP.

Sadly I only knew him from Game of Thrones but he was great in that so I can only imagine he was great in his other roles.

Damn, all the great British actors are dying.

I'll have to watch Porridge again with my Great Uncle this Christmas to reminisce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom