• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan charts: Media Create 13 - 19 June

GBA sales should be up this week, unless people buy the DS to pl;ay it on instead?

Is there any BIG GBA game planned for November??

Flo_Evans

I can't beleive they made another drag-on dragoon...

MESSAGE TO SQEENIX: PULL ALL TEAMS OFF STUPID PROJECTS - FINNISH FFXII ASAP. OVER.

The DS has been on top since the week Nintendogs came out. So that is about 8 weeks ago. During that 8 weeks the DS has had over 300K sales (hardware wise) or so. Thats a lot in a span that doesn't include Christmas.

I'm really tired of waiting for the big games to get released for the DS.. I wanna see MEGATONS :p ....

when is the next big game in Japan?

Tritroid

jeeeeeeeeeesus.JPG

ahahaha :lol :lol :lol

almokla said:
Advanced Wars not huge in Japan ?
Hard to say, really... obviously it was a popular enough series to continue as a Japan-only thing for a decade across several different systems, but then Advance Wars 1+2 didn't do anything spectacular when finally released. I know they were a bit old to us by then, but as the saying goes "it's new to them". I don't suppose everyone who cared about Wars had already imported?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
DS - 31,376
PS2 - 25,526
PSP - 20,416
GBASP - 9,727
GC - 2,183
GBA - 475
Xbox - 150

YTD / LTD
DS - 1,003,578 / 2,499,174
PSP - 957,308 / 1,439,560
DS Lead - 46,270 / 1,059,614

AniHawk

Fuzzy said:
DS - 31,376
PS2 - 25,526
PSP - 20,416
GBASP - 9,727
GC - 2,183
GBA - 475
Xbox - 150

YTD / LTD

Damn, PS2 sales are getting kinda low.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Damn, came in before I could predict (unless that is a prediction)

Anyway, I was going to put psp at 19,000 and NDS at 32,000.

AniHawk

Sell-through:

NA: 2 million (as of May- estimate)
Japan: 2.5 million
EU: 1 million? (estimate)
5.5 million WW

So... shipped is probably 7.5-8 million or so right now.

Fuzzy said:
So to top the previous best lead it ever had over PSP, DS must only outsell PSP by 239 units. A few months ago I'd have thought that wouldn't ever be topped.

Looks like PSP has finally reached where DS was at the beginning of the year. Just looking at the dates on the graph is a bit misleading, since 12/27/04 means the week that began Deember 27 and ended January 2.

http://www.2and2.net/Uploads/Images/20050623dspsptotal.gif
20050623dspsptotal.gif

BuzzJive

Fuzzy said:
YTD / LTD

This brings the DS to about 35k behind the PS2 for 2005 YTD sales. A few more weeks at this rate and the DS will be the number 1 system in Japan for 2005. Go figure.

Culex

Banned
I never would have thought the DS would be selling this well in Japan. God help us all when Jump Super Stars and Pokemon come out...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
BuzzJive said:
This brings the DS to about 35k behind the PS2 for 2005 YTD sales. A few more weeks at this rate and the DS will be the number 1 system in Japan for 2005. Go figure.
My totals put it at 38K less than the PS2 for the year (1,041,547).

btrboyev said:
whats more interesting is that this weeks psp sales are lower than the ds has ever been over there.
It did that the week before also.

Recent posts make me update my graph comparing worst weeks to worst weeks. Plus a zoomed in version because when you've got weeks with hundreds of thousands in there, all the sub-50K weeks look pretty insignificant.

20050624dspspworstworst1.gif

20050624dspspworstworst2.gif

BuzzJive

Fuzzy said:
My totals put it at 38K less than the PS2 for the year (1,041,547).

Yeah - I was just estimating. If the DS hasn't surpassed the PS2 by the time Jump Superstars comes out, it surely will jump ahead that week.

AniHawk said:
Damn, PS2 sales are getting kinda low.

It would help if they could drop the damn price. It's selling for the equivalent of ~$175 dollars over there according to amazon.co.jp (18,999 yen). Don't know if it's available for less on the street, but it needs a price drop there.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Tritroid said:
jeeeeeeeeeesus.JPG

ahahaha :lol :lol :lol
Yeah, I was dying when I read it to. To the original poster, well done! :lol

heidern

Brain Training really is a monster. It's gone from a totally ignored irrelevance, to a surprising success at launch, to now being an undeniable hit. It may actually hit the 300K mark which few games seem to manage nowadays.

poorpsp.jpg

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Not trolling but a question, If a game like Nintendogs and software like brain shit is leading in the sales, what does that say for the Japanese gamer, or their state of disarry? And what does that mean with their attitudes abroad for their titles going multi-platform. I know they treat the outside world as a required nuisance, but if their games aren't selling in the homeland, they will have to make up the difference somewhere. /Rant off.

I'm still mad about never being able to play Segagaga, but I am serious about my questions.

Zeo

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
Not trolling but a question, If a game like Nintendogs and software like brain shit is leading in the sales, what does that say for the Japanese gamer, or their state of disarry?

Um, sorry, but that is trolling.

"brain shit" isn't trolling? Right.

And the fact that "a game like Nintendogs" is leading in the sales means that they like a good game. Your point?

Oh, and that has absolutely nothing to do with games going multiplatform.

Top Bottom