• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier gets his Privilege checked by Neil Druckmann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmunter

The delightful Jeff Cannata (TDS aside) on Twitter expressed his feelings on the Last of Us 2 by metaphorically comparing the game; if most games are John Wick, TLOU2 is Schindlers List. It is an artistic contrast.

Schreire attacks Jeff on how dare he make such comparisons triggering potential cancelation of Jeff via his sjw devotees.

Neill Drukmann comes to the defence of Jeff. Is told by Jason, of course you’d defend your game....

The drama unfolds. What are your thoughts, should we be censoring our thoughts on art in case the art represents horrid historical events?

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Glad to see Druckman and Cannata seeing sense....
I was at odds with Cannata on twitter years ago but he was more or less a decent guy, nowhere near as extreme as Schreier has become.

He will only end up alienating himself in the end.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

So a bunch of cucks are getting all whiny on social media? Why am I not surprised?

The fact that it's a game developer from one of the biggest releases of the year arguing with a 'game journalist' makes it even more hilarious. I thought these people were supposed to be professional?

Why can't these idiots keep this drama to themselves? It's like Adam Orth all over again.

Adam_Orth_meme.jpg

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
How much do you bet that Jason never thought about his ancestors that died in Auschwitz before today? Neil is also Jewish so that makes this whole thing even more stupid.

GreyHorace

Even if they’re both male feminists, one’s a disgusting TMZ reject and the other builds things of value to millions of people. There's no comparison.

Exactly. I may not like Druckmann but at least he put the time and effort to creating something. Whether or not it's of any worth will be up to the public to decide.

What the hell has Schreier created of note? A book detailing developer sob stories?

Shmunter

Imagine asking to review this game when Sony has clauses stopping you from speaking about its story. Check out Kotaku's review, they say a lot about these retarded conditions. Every review written under these circumstances is suspect.
Haven’t read kotaku review, but it sounds like clauses against spoilers? Nothing stopping a final good/bad/avg opinion from a publication.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Imagine asking to review this game when Sony has clauses stopping you from speaking about its story. Check out Kotaku's review, they say a lot about these retarded conditions. Every review written under these circumstances is suspect.

How are they suspect? They can still write the review and feel how they felt about the game, then include the story spoiler elements after. Holding off spoilers doesn’t change how they felt about the game or their review/score, etc..

The same thing happens with books and cinema all the time.

It does help curb trolls for spoiling it for the rest of the people out there.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I think I've made it clear that I'm not Druckmann's biggest fan but I support him. Good to see people stand up to that weasle of character. Jason is toxic cancer.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I saw this exchange on Twitter this afternoon. Schreire's mock rage, performative wokeness was so funny and banal. Cannata was obviously comparing his response to the game to a movie, not the holocaust. To even make that wild leap of logic that he was is mind numbing. Glad to see Druckmann standing up for Jeff.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Would be nice if OP contained the entire Twitter exchange so you could get some more context. Anyway I read most of it and it's definitely a case of manufactured outrage. I understood the analogy Cannata was making about Schindler's list immediately, as should anyone with a functioning brain. To think that some people want to dogpile him for that is straight up embarrassing.

Twitter is without a doubt, the worst fucking social media platform I've seen. I nearly vomited trying to navigate through this exchange. It's nothing more than stroking your ego, chasing likes and give yourself a pat on your back. All of that within 140 characters. How the fuck can you even have a serious conversation with such a limit?

If I had a Twitter account, or any social media account for that matter, I would become mentally insane within a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom