• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier gets his Privilege checked by Neil Druckmann

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The delightful Jeff Cannata (TDS aside) on Twitter expressed his feelings on the Last of Us 2 by metaphorically comparing the game; if most games are John Wick, TLOU2 is Schindlers List. It is an artistic contrast.

Schreire attacks Jeff on how dare he make such comparisons triggering potential cancelation of Jeff via his sjw devotees.

Neill Drukmann comes to the defence of Jeff. Is told by Jason, of course you’d defend your game....

The drama unfolds. What are your thoughts, should we be censoring our thoughts on art in case the art represents horrid historical events?

Schreier and druckmann right now

2m2n70.jpg

bender

What time is it?
Schreier has always felt two-faced. He says or does whatever can help him advance his career, convictions be damned and with no mind for the people or communities he has stepped on. I still remember a thread about him that displayed offsite forum posts with him talking shit about GAF and then using the community to signal boost his content. I completely wrote him off after the Dragon's Crown incident. His rise to prominence has always been a head scratch'er, He's the type of dude that will be your fiend only if it is convenient.

Boss Mog

Videogame media like most online media today survives on outrage and the clicks they get from it. It generates more engagement for them compared to simply laying out the facts. Of course the demand for outrage then becomes huge and far exceeds the supply. Therefore wannabe hacks like Schreier have to constantly try to stir up shit with whatever crumbs they find. And that's really what their jobs entail now, not covering videogames but seeking outrage and "social justice" within gaming. We've all seen the videos of some of these people playing games, it's clear some of these "journalists" don't know much about them or rarely even play them.

It's similar to what the DNC and leftists are doing with racism these days, another area where the demand far exceeds the supply and so they have to manufacture it just so they can then point it out and virtue signal that they're the "good guys".

Not sure why Druckmann would throw his own game under the bus like that. If I poured all my soul into making a game, I sure as hell would put it above Schindler's list ... maybe even near Jurassic Park and Back to the Fu- ... nah, nothing could ever come close to Back to the Future, that was arrogant to even think about.

Bartski

Gold Member
Anyway I read most of it and it's definitely a case of manufactured outrage. I understood the analogy Cannata was making about Schindler's list immediately, as should anyone with a functioning brain. To think that some people want to dogpile him for that is straight up embarrassing.
This. I think the comparison is totally on point, how can this be turned into a videogames vs holocaust drama is just pure madness.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I'm surprised no-one's criticising Jason Shrew for downplaying what's apparently supposed to be the high art watermark of video gaming full of important statements to.... "the new zombie video game"

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The most interaction I've had on Twitter is typing 4 replies, and I'm blocked by Schreier.

It's crazy how such a high profile person (in the gaming industry at least) is comfortable acting like such a child with no fear of repercussion or blowback.

In my day, twats at least tried to act like a normal person. Shreier doesn't feel the need. Nuts.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I got blocked by Shreier on Twitter, lol. Guy can not handle even the softest of criticisms. The fragility...

The real question here if why haven't anyone blocked Schreier yet?

Leftists and SJWs are the most fragile or our species. They are living in an echo chamber and if someone comes with a different opinion they are starting to get anxious and to prevent that they ban everyone they dont cuck with.

Woodchipper

The real question here if why haven't anyone blocked Schreier yet?

Leftists and SJWs are the most fragile or our species. They are living in an echo chamber and if someone comes with a different opinion they are starting to get anxious and to prevent that they ban everyone they dont cuck with.
Lol what? Who is provoked and butt-hurt by a lesbian protagonist and a black Spider-Man? And who gets mad that these games does well critically?

Hint: It’s not the leftists.
Twitter is such a mistake. You say something that isnt in line with the feminist police and they try and ruin your life.
Who have tried to destroy anyone’s life? What did I miss?

Last edited:

SantaC

Lol what? Who is provoked and butt-hurt by a lesbian protagonist and a black Spider-Man? And who gets mad that these games does well critically?

Hint: It’s not the leftists.

It happens all the time.

Ogbert

Check out what's happening to JK Rowling at the moment.

She dared to suggest that a chap with a cock who puts on a wig isn't a biological woman and now she's being cancelled by the blue-tick brigade.

Even the insufferable pube of an actor, Daniel Radcliffe, who she turned into a multi millionaire, elevating his miniscule talent onto the world stage, has the temerity to criticise her and call her out for wrong think.

Wanker.

How's *that* for male privilege.

Woodchipper

Check out what's happening to JK Rowling at the moment.

She dared to suggest that a chap with a cock who puts on a wig isn't a biological woman and now she's being cancelled by the blue-tick brigade.

Even the insufferable pube of an actor, Daniel Radcliffe, who she turned into a multi millionaire, elevating his miniscule talent onto the world stage, has the temerity to criticise her and call her out for wrong think.

Wanker.

How's *that* for male privilege.
And that ended Rowling’s life? Wow.

I agree that’s fucked up though. Freedom of speech does not always apply I’m afraid.

Last edited:

Scotty W

Is Jason even capable of understanding non-literal language? I have noticed this disturbing trend increasing with these internet warriors.

A-Roses are red, violets are blue, honey is sweet and so are you.
Jason- Are you saying that a person is a golden slime produced by insects? Bigot! And why didn’t you include a black flower in your poem?

Is Jason even capable of understanding non-literal language? I have noticed this disturbing trend increasing with these internet warriors.

A-Roses are red, violets are blue, honey is sweet and so are you.
Jason- Are you saying that a person is a golden slime produced by insects? Bigot! And why didn’t you include a black flower in your poem?
Lmfao

You know, sadly that's how shit is nowadays on the internet. Everyone is always tryin to get an angle on you to try to conjure up a way to "cancel" you. Cancelling people is all the rave. It's disgusting to say the least.

Reactions: Isa

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
The comparison is a little bit cringy but Schreier knew what he was doing. Trying to play professional victim off the backs of his dead ancestors. The guy wasn't being insensitive, he was saying that both forms of media exhibit true cruelty showcased by humanity. Not hard to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom