• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jen-Hsun Huang [NVIDIA CEO] Interview on Beyond3D

xexex

Banned
from the last page of the interview

http://www.beyond3d.com/interviews/jhh/index.php?p=04

I understand you may not be able to talk too much about it right now, but I'm just wondering how you expect Playstation 3 graphics to differ from what we see here today?

"Although I can't talk about it too much there are some things we know about the PS3. First, its got a Cell processor, and that affects graphics a lot, and second the front-side-bus is 7 times faster than PCI Express."

Do you think there'll ever be a push to see something like that in the PC space?

"Well the PC industry is going to have to work pretty hard, but that's what our job is - compete against ourselves. If I can't deliver something that is at least better in our next generation then we'd be out of business."

Where do you see NVIDIA expanding next?

"Over the course of the last 13 years we've really expanded peoples notion that GPU is much, much more than just PC graphics. When we first started the company people used to call us a VGA controller company, then a PC graphics company, but now they call us a GPU company, which is kind of nice. Now what I need to do is help people understand that the GPU is much more versatile than just PC's and computing and that I'm going to have a GPU in my cell phone, a GPU in my handheld, a GPU in my television. That's where we're going to expand, we're going to take GPU's into all of these rich displays. At the highest level, the way to think about it is that when we started the company the number of pixels that were manufactured on earth then verses now is extraordinary - in 1993 there were no LCD panels, and you certainly weren't going to fit a CRT in your pocket; that's our market opportunity!"

read the interview from the beginning: http://www.beyond3d.com/interviews/jhh/

Top Bottom