• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Biden: Americans decided health care is for all. The GOP wants to roll that back.

Lord Fagan

Jesus Christ, the vitriol here. Who the fuck do you people even want anymore

I'm not gonna get hyperbolic, because I really do think Uncle Joe is a great American and elder statesman.

But it's really about time somebody born after 1970 take the wheel. This isn't just about health concerns. There's a certain cycle of American renewal that's really been a hallmark of our society since the dawn of the republic.

A lot of really amazing elder democrats need to come to an understanding that letting the next generation ascend isn't ageism, defined. GOP seems to get it. There's a lot of Gen X in their leadership. Every functional, successful political faction needs new blood.

I'm not gonna get hyperbolic, because I really do think Uncle Joe is a great American and elder statesman.

But it's really about time somebody born after 1970 take the wheel. This isn't just about health concerns. There's a certain cycle of American renewal that's really been a hallmark of our society since the dawn of the republic.

A lot of really amazing elder democrats need to come to an understanding that letting the next generation ascend isn't ageism, defined. GOP seems to get it. There's a lot of Gen X in their leadership. Every functional, successful political faction needs new blood.

1. The Democrats have some promising youngsters - young in politician years, between 45 and 60.

2. The Democrats would have more promising youngsters if their bench hadn't been depleted and/or stymied by a couple of nasty midterm elections because those young people who'll "renew" our country won't vote.

"Hillary's a centrist neoliberal shill."

"Hillary's too old."

Ladies and gentleman, I give you Joe Biden, 78-year-old author of the 1994 crime bill and borderline Blue Dog during his tenure in the Senate. Liberal Icon.

The ACA isn't perfect, but the choices we made when designing the law flowed from a commitment to provide the best possible care to the most people.

Do people really believe the ACA (one of many crappy GOP ideas from the 90s) helps provide the best possible care to the most people? No wonder Joe Biden lost multiple times when he tried to run for POTUS.

Ya'll better vote dem in 2018 so we can fix this shit.

If Nina Turner or Elizabeth Warren decide to run in 2020 as stand ins for Sanders, they will automatically be the favorites, that's just my feeling.

I think Hillary's clout and resources were exactly the problem with her, so i think starting from a lower position without that stigma would actually help in this case

Lol

That ain't happening

boiled goose

good with gravy

"Hillary's too old."

Ladies and gentleman, I give you Joe Biden, 78-year-old author of the 1994 crime bill and borderline Blue Dog during his tenure in the Senate. Liberal Icon.

Umm. I would expect the people who would want biden to run would be pro Hillary centrists and not more progressive liberals.

And the irony there would not be bringing up bidens age but bringing up a popular senator's age

Steel

Banned
Look at the democrats suddenly trying to pretend to make noises in the direction of single payer because of progressive activism putting the thought in the citizen's heads.

The ACA is nowhere near health care for all and not a solution, its literally mitt romney's plan.

We're going to have to eventually scrap it anyway to put in a single payer implementation, Atena and other providers are pulling out of the ACA as of next year, and its going to collapse on itself inevitably, regardless of if Trump tries to make that happen faster or not

You can find numerous quotes from around the time of the ACA being built up of democratic leadership saying that it was the first step to a public option(Which most European countries have) or single payer. This is not new.

Umm. I would expect the people who would want biden to run would be pro Hillary centrists and not more progressive liberals.

And the irony there would not be bringing up bidens age but bringing up a popular senator's age

You'd think so but I remember a previous thread where a lot of Bernites were lining up behind him and complaining about the establishment sidelining him. Most likely it's the way he talks that attracts people who think they're lefties. I love Biden, though.

Do people really believe the ACA (one of many crappy GOP ideas from the 90s) helps provide the best possible care to the most people? No wonder Joe Biden lost multiple times when he tried to run for POTUS.

It was the only thing that could get through Congress and it was better than nothing. Heck, might've even turned out well if they were allowed to make adjustments to it.

digdug2k

"Hillary's too old."

You left out the part where he can't keep his hands off the women he works with.

DarkKyo

You left out the part where he can't keep his hands off the women he works with.

Well at least that part shouldn't be a problem anymore. Trump made sexual harassment and assault in all its forms OK for government officials to participate in.

Neoweee

Well at least that part shouldn't be a problem anymore. Trump made sexual harassment and assault in all its forms OK for government officials to participate in.

With Republicans. Democrats and liberals continue to have some goddamn standards.

Top Bottom