• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John madden is the cover star for madden nfl 23

AJUMP23

I wonder if the gameplay will be good again. I hate the current way the game feels. It is stiff to me. Madden being on the cover is a good move.

I really just want the college football game.

Episode 12 GIF by The Simpsons

Hopefully the game makes some significant gains. I'm waiting for the 1 madden people should buy for the current console generation.

Kuranghi

Kind of terrifying in a way, that HDR/touched up photo effect makes people look like its Clayface immitating the person rather than the person themselves.

Cool to see them honouring him given his recent death, afaik he pushed them to make the original game better and wouldn't put his name to it until the tech was there to avoid compromising the player count.

DaGwaphics

It does make you wonder how long they will continue to use the Madden branding. It's been quite a while since he was on the air.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
It does make you wonder how long they will continue to use the Madden branding. It's been quite a while since he was on the air.
I think there would have to be a significant shift or news would have to come out that Madden was a monster. People don't say they're playing NFL Football. They say they're playing Madden. That's almost the same level as people saying to Google something.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
John Madden is remembered for his super bowl and commentary he was as good as a coach as you could want.
American Football GIF by EA SPORTS MADDEN NFL
American Football GIF by EA SPORTS MADDEN NFL
Hip Hop Nfl GIF by Denzel Curry
Hip Hop Nfl GIF by Denzel Curry

SirTerry-T

Kind of terrifying in a way, that HDR/touched up photo effect makes people look like its Clayface immitating the person rather than the person themselves.

Cool to see them honouring him given his recent death, afaik he pushed them to make the original game better and wouldn't put his name to it until the tech was there to avoid compromising the player count.
It's a painting I think and a throwback to the original '88 cover....
MSLFeeo.jpg

CamHostage

Gameplay info and other details can be found on the official site:

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-23

The all-new FieldSENSE Gameplay System in Madden NFL 23 equips players with more control at every position in every mode and is a new foundation for consistent, ultra-realistic gameplay. Only available on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S. Madden NFL 23 coming August 19, 2022.

Madden NFL 23 will also be in PS4, Xbox One, and PC, but those will be past-gen ports again (like Madden 22) and may even end up being Legacy Edition (I can't tell if the PS4/X1 versions have any new features?)

Interesting that the PC version still isn't being ported from the next-gen version.

Stuart360

I'm in the UK but we always boight the Genesis Madden games every year, and JM was always on the cover.
As he should be when your games called 'Madden'. The Tiger Woods games always had Tiger on the cover.

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Ahhh I've fond memories of John Madden in "Moonbase Alpha" on Steam. Random people would join the servers and spam the name John Madden hundreds of times in the global chat while the sane people were busy building and connecting air lines so people could survive. You know, like, play the game normally. If you had "text to voice" enabled, prepare for hours and hours of fun hearing John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden John Madden among other things not repeatable here. The game was made in part by NASA and available for free. I think it's still available. Every so often players like "NASA Joe" or "NASA Tammy" would join. I always wondered if those were actually people from NASA and what their thoughts were listening to cognitively challenged people and the future of humanity in general. Anyhow, it's about time Madden got on a cover of his own game. Maybe they didn't want to curse him while he was alive. He was one of the most knowledgeable minds in all of Football.

edit: Here's the game

:messenger_dizzy:

Last edited:
This is what I found

Sadly, he died last December.
You posted this and didn't even know who John Madden was?

John Madden was drafted to play in the NFL, but was injured killing his career. He was a successful NFL head coach and probably the most famous play by play NFL commentators.

It's crazy to me their are kids who only know the name because of the videogame.

Top Bottom