• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle |OT| Diamond is Not Crazy

Yasumi

Banned
l27zewM.jpg

I love that they actually went with Filthy Acts, at a Reasonable Price. People were joking about what it would be, and I'm pretty sure I remember reading that specific one. Everything's coming up Kira.

Fatty's arc is one of the best arcs of Part 4! #fattydefenseforce

Part four is the worst. Fuck Morioh.

Because Araki loves Fatty.

Araki%27s_Top_Ten_Favourite_Characters_%282000%29.jpeg

As of Part 5. Fatty ranks higher than DIO.

That's great, but character choices shouldn't be based on the whims of an immortal. They should based on what's the most fun to play. I think I speak for every single person to ever exist when I say that I'd rather play as a robot nazi, an evil hawk, or a dinosaur man than as a fat kid who explodes or whatever his dumb stand is.

To anyone wishing to buy this game but don't want to get spoiled on plot, I'd recommend that you don't buy it yet. That barebones storymode is absolute crap, and some special attacks contain dialogue/actions that spoil the outcome of a part.

Yep, it's separate and still ass.

This ensaddens me

Part four is the worst. Fuck Morioh.

That's great, but character choices shouldn't be based on the whims of an immortal. They should based on what's the most fun to play. I think I speak for every single person to ever exist when I say that I'd rather play as a robot nazi, an evil hawk, or a dinosaur man than as a fat kid who explodes or whatever his dumb stand is.

It doesn't sound like you actually read part 4

HardRojo

Why so many characters have to be DLC? I really want to get this game but I'm not planning to pay more, the game has microtransactions which I sure as hell won't be using but DLC characters too? And 9 of them? :/

jett

D-Member
I don't really know how to play, but the demo was still kinda fun. I don't know bout this one, the microtransactions stuff puts me off, and a 30fps fighter just feels wrong, and it seems like the game even drops below that sometimes.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Part 5 is the best. It (and Giorno) get far too much hate.

Kusagari

I find every character in Part 5 boring outside of Bruno. Trish could have been cool but doesn't do anything.

Plus everything near the end is complete garbage.

The one thing I will give Part 5 is that it has some of the best fights in the series.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finished working out my budget to pre-order from Amazon today (though I wish for Kira, but oh well, I was possibly gonna get all the DLC characters anyways, assuming Namco prices them decently).

Probably won't be able to get into this until later next week when semester exams are done. After that, this can be my reward from all the studying.

Oh yeah, Namco Europe said if you play the demo, you get 100,000G for use of unlocking some stuff in the full game.

I got into Part 5 and Jojo through this game for PS2, so Part 5 has a special place in my heart, but I actually like Part 6 the best.

I was also disappointed that the story mode in ASB didn't have this kind of presentation. Capcom actually put effort into Jojo when they had the license...

MoxManiac

I liked the demo, it really feels like a spiritual successor to the Capcom games.

No playable Alessi(Alessy) is a bummer though :(

jgminto

I was also disappointed that the story mode in ASB didn't have this kind of presentation. Capcom actually put effort into Jojo when they had the license...

Yeah, I hope that if CC2 does a second game they'll go all out with the story mode, like they do with the Naruto games.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Part 5 is japan's favourite overall part.

I think the west's dislike of the arc is mostly due to the horrible translations.

Part 5 wait wut.? Isn't that Part 3 hence why it's the most marketed and advertised part of all of the parts and the only one to get an OVA before the series?

I knew it was popular, but when you see anything in regards to Jojo as a whole, this game included, it's pretty far from the most featured part.

Part 5 got number one in a few polls, but considering the average age of voters, it's not that surprising,

3 is definitely the most well known among your average citizens though, which is why it's featured more prominently.

He's an unlockable outfit for Part 3 Dio.

Also, to the OP: It says "14 additional characters" are available as DLC, but only 8 are listed, and there are only 9 in total, since you're only missing Baoh (a.k.a. "He Doesn't Even Go Here")

Thanks for catching that! Fixed it posthaste.

Hell if I know, but when in doubt, blame Dio. Chances are 4 out of 5 times it was him anyways.

Nonsense! Not even I, Dio, could stoop to such confusingly low levels!

Fuck You ,Dio!

Bahahahahahaha!

(By the way guys, I want to get a GAF player list going, so if you want to post your region and prospective main(s), then go right ahead and I'll add 'em to the list.)

Chairhome

I regret getting the hk version digitally... I barely even played it after the first week. I guess I'll just start playing the hk version again and pretend I understand.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I almost wish that they changed Morioh to Duwang for this translation. Some of the name changes are already at that level of ridiculousness (BoyManMan) so why not just go all the way?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I liked the demo, it really feels like a spiritual successor to the Capcom games.

No playable Alessi(Alessy) is a bummer though :(

I didn't see/feel it when I played the full demo or the full game when my friend imported last year. I think I played waay too much capcom Jojo's and I'm not even a Jojo's fan

I haven't read/watched anything about the series, but the demo was hype as fuck. Absolutely love the presentation of this game. Two day shipping FTMFW

SoulUnison

Banned
Oh man, those dub name changes really strip a lot of the soul out of the characters.

I'm laughing my ass off at "Filthy acts at a reasonable price," though.

I have the pleasure (?) of knowing someone in Bamco localization

looking forward to screencaps of his handiwork lol

NeoGAF: "Bastard...how many names have you butchered to avoid lawsuits?"

Dio Bamco: "Do you remember how many breads you have eaten in your life?"

I just bought a copy here in Australia, thought it was a global release tomorrow. Luckily there was still a DLC code at the store I went to, though I never even used my code from the Jap release.

Not too thrilled about the name changes, Sticky Fingers and D4C, but I want to show my support for the series in the hopes of further manga localisation.

Top Bottom