• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[JPN] -- daily sales (11 June)

Zer0

Banned
Phoenix Dark said:
Nope. I'm just an ordinary gamer like you, who just so happens to be a famous staff writer for a very famous gaming site...

ah..nice..cause two minutes ago you were talking like a nintendo fanboy of some sort

hey.. I'm important tooo...

I kept my identity hiden for a long time.. its time to REVEALE IT...

batman-begins-movie.jpg

Right now the DS is getting owned in the US by the PSP. I expect the sales to increase now that Kirby is out.

Outside of GTmobile, Coded Arms, and GTA, there isn't much planned for the PSP. This isn't looking good, lol.

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Phoenix Dark said:
Right now the DS is getting owned in the US by the PSP. I expect the sales to increase now that Kirby is out.

Outside of GTmobile, Coded Arms, and GTA, there isn't much planned for the PSP. This isn't looking good, lol.
Come on drinky, tell it like it is!!

Juice

Phoenix Dark said:

I wouldn't say getting owned. When the numbers come out for June (once an NPD is finally outside of PSP's April/May soft launch

But as for Japan, I just noticed this:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=9316

puts the Nintendo system way out in front of Sony's platform.

It's been so long since I heard this kind of rhetoric that I plainly don't know what to do with it.

Concerning Killer 7

Capcom only expected to sell 300,000 units worldwide for that title.

With two consoles, I'm sure it can do that. It's probably around 70,000 total in Japan with the GC and PS2 version combined, if not yet--then soon enough.

However, why Capcom wasted time for R&D when they have a shit load of franchises that they should be porting over to PSP and DS is beyond me. They could have made much more money with a mere Devil May Cry or Resident Evil port on PSP.

Capcom milks at the wrong time, and doesn't milk at the right time.

fallout

king zell said:
worst spin ever..
Well, for now. I'd say worst spin ever would be:

"Nintendogs is seperated into 3 titles! It's clearly taking up more slots than it needs and there could be more games in the top 10 without it!"

Do The Mario said:
Come on drinky, tell it like it is!!

Haha, lol. I'm not drinky.

But anyway, the biggest difference between the DS' success in Japan and the US is the software. In the US there are still only 2 games worth buying on the DS (Warioware and Kirby) 7 months after its launch. In Japan we are seeing Nintendo release good games on a monthly basis. It does look like the DS' support will increase starting this month. Kirby, Meteos, and Splinter Cell are going to be out withing the next few weeks. Then of couse during the summer Advance Wars and (hopefully) Castlevania will hit stores. So the future does look brighter imo.

Right now it's clear the PSP is going through a major drought in Japan, and I expect this to occur in the US during the summer.

Zer0

Banned
Bluemercury said:
ah..nice..cause two minutes ago you were talking like a sony fanboy of some sort....

yeah.a sony fanboy who love is ds or his psp,but stills fins funny nintendo fanboys raving about japanese sales everyday :)

u ppl will never change,low profile when ur console is getting raped ,raving like a dutch teenager on ibiza when got decent sales :)

Razoric

Banned
Zer0 said:
yeah.a sony fanboy who love is ds or his psp,but stills fins funny nintendo fanboys raving about japanese sales everyday :)

u ppl will never change,low profile when ur console is getting raped ,raving like a dutch teenager on ibiza when got decent sales :)

Yeah because Sony fan's arent like that at all.

Where is that PSP train now? I thought DS was stillborn? Vic? Somebody? Anybody?

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Zer0 said:

Its obvious you are extremely insightful in these matters. Ever since the DS has been dominating the PSP in Japan these past few months there have been nothing but PSP fanboys posting in these topics they can't get enough of it.

jdforge

Banned
This most exciting news about these sales (and someone mentioned it earlier) is that the true AAA, Killer Aps, A-Bombs, Big Mammas have yet to arrive.

needlejuice said:
This most exciting news about these sales (and someone mentioned it earlier) is that the true AAA, Killer Aps, A-Bombs, Big Mammas have yet to arrive.

Big Mammas...not Princess Peach Adventures DS? NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Zer0

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
Its obvious you are extremely insightful in these matters. Ever since the DS has been dominating the PSP in Japan these past few months there have been nothing but PSP fanboys posting in these topics they can't get enough of it.

be honest.look the first page of this thread.if you can see the lame attacks to the psp them u are blind

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Zer0 said:
be honest.look the first page of this thread.if you can see the lame attacks to the psp them u are blind

go look at sales threads the months after psp came out.

milanbaros

Member?
How long until the UK gaming market generates more revenue than the Japanese? Does anyone have the figures because it just seems that every year the Jap market is falling and the UK one is expanding.

Zer0

Banned
sp0rsk said:
go look at sales threads the months after psp came out.

im talking about this post.i know there is psp or sony fanboys,but these japanese sales post/psp bashing in daily basics is getting hilarious

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Wait till Tokyo Game Show.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Zer0 said:

Your sarcasm meter in broken. My point was that Sony fanboys stay away when DS is doing well just like DS fanboys stay away when PSP is kicking butt. In short. Your bias is clouding your reasoning abilities.

why can't people just be happy when their console wins, and not mad when its loosing?

I really get excited when Nintendo systems/games sell good, but I was never bothered by the XB/PS2/Halo sales... but for one CRAPPY FRIKIN ASSY SUCKY GAME thats called GTA..

Zer0

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
Your sarcasm meter in broken. My point was that Sony fanboys stay away when DS is doing well just like DS fanboys stay away when PSP is kicking butt. In short. Your bias is clouding your reasoning abilities.

my bias? i dont have any special bias for a machine.im a gamer since the bbc micro era ( 28 years ago) i love every single games machine ( even the bizarro ones like the vectrex) just i find stupid these sales wars,psp will get if triple AAA sooner o later,DS will get his triple AAA games too.its a win win situation,except for the lame fanboys,also my reasoning abilites may be lastrated for the use of english,not my native language :)

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Zer0 said:
my bias? i dont have any special bias for a machine.im a gamer since the bbc micro era ( 28 years ago) i love every single games machine ( even the bizarro ones like the vectrex) just i find stupid these sales wars,psp will get if triple AAA sooner o later,DS will get his triple AAA games too.its a win win situation,except for the lame fanboys,also my reasoning abilites may be lastrated for the use of english,not my native language :)

Ahh I see. Well given that you probably rarely mess with these sales topics lets just say that whats going on now is considered a GAF tradition. When the PSP boys had their victory they celebrated hard and banned anyone who defended the DS as if it would make a come-back and now that it has, well its sort of this rich irony that one of the most hated GAF non-games (Nintendogs) toppled the PSP. So it is now a weekly ritual until the PSP climbs back on top again to poke at it for being beat by inferior hardware though nobody knows when that will be now when before we were positive it would be the next week or the week after. It's almost like "How long can this go on?" Nintendo doing the impossible you know what I mean?

Zer0

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
Ahh I see. Well given that you probably rarely mess with these sales topics lets just say that whats going on now is considered a GAF tradition. When the PSP boys had their victory they celebrated hard and banned anyone who defended the DS as if it would make a come-back and now that it has, well its sort of this rich irony that one of the most hated GAF non-games (Nintendogs) toppled the PSP. So it is now a weekly ritual until the PSP climbs back on top again to poke at it for being beat by inferior hardware though nobody knows when that will be now when before we were positive it would be the next week or the week after. It's almost like "How long can this go on?" Nintendo doing the impossible you know what I mean?

yeah.i understand,but these things dont bring anything good,believe me

Shaheed79 said:
PUNCTUATION, PLEASE!!!

though i must say, other than that, this is a brilliant post.

Top Bottom