• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JRPG fans, which one of these two(Berseria or Xenoblade 3) has the best story?

Better story?

• Total voters
My friend wants to know as he is deciding on his next JRPG. If you haven't played both, please don't vote. It will skew the results of the poll.

Personally, I think Berserias plot is great but haven't played XC3 myself so I wont vote.

Go_Ly_Dow

My friend wants to know as he is deciding on his next JRPG. If you haven't played both, please don't vote. It will skew the results of the poll.

Personally, I think Berserias plot is great but haven't played XC3 myself so I wont vote.
I've played both and went for XC3. But it's more rewarding if you've played the previous two. Also the DLC's for each are a must play!

Last edited:

NanaMiku

I finished Xenoblade 3 and I love it.
I played Berseria but still in the beginning and haven't continue it lol

Oof85

Facts. Tales of the Abyss is arguably peak gaming storytelling.
Nope.

So many ludicrous references to nonsensical "phonic babble" symbology automatically negates it.

Luke going from prat to tolerable is peak storytelling for gaming? Hell no.

Majoras Mask. Outer Wilds. Disco Elysium. BG3. BG2. DOS2. Planescape Torment. Obra Dinn. Golden Idol.

Steinsgate. The House of Fata Morgana.

Definitely not Tales of the Abyss. Or anything Tales for that matter. Be serious.

Can't trust anime avatars.

Last edited:
Nope.

So many ludicrous references to nonsensical "phonic babble" symbology automatically negates it.

Luke going from prat to tolerable is peak storytelling for gaming? Hell no.

Majoras Mask. Outer Wilds. Disco Elysium. BG3. BG2. DOS2. Planescape Torment. Obra Dinn. Golden Idol.

Steinsgate. The House of Fata Morgana.

Definitely not Tales of the Abyss. Or anything Tales for that matter. Be serious.

Can't trust anime avatars.
There's nothing nonsensical about fonons, it's just a very complex system that can be hard to digest at times.

Also Brat Luke was best Luke.

Still weirded out how there's no official sequel or remaster to the game
It would legit have 10/10 potential if they smoothened out its edges with a remaster. Like imagine Vesperia DE presentation, graphics, overworld FPS, load times, etc but on top of Abyss brilliant story. But I guess a symphonia port every 10 years is more important it seems.

There's nothing nonsensical about fonons, it's just a very complex system that can be hard to digest at times.

Also Brat Luke was best Luke.

I like the personal growth that Luke went through to be less of a whiny main protag.

That whole cast I still remember. Still the best cast in the Tales Franchise

It was actually one of the best plots in that franchise too

It would legit have 10/10 potential if they smoothened out its edges with a remaster. Like imagine Vesperia DE presentation, graphics, overworld FPS, load times, etc but on top of Abyss brilliant story. But I guess a symphonia port every 10 years is more important it seems.

I would be fine with that

Even though I always wanted a direct sequel

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I think Berseria was the best tales game in a long time... I found I enjoyed XC3 more.

I mean there both JRPG, but XC3 is grander of the two.

Last edited:
I like the personal growth that Luke went through to be less of a whiny main protag.

That whole cast I still remember. Still the best cast in the Tales Franchise

It was actually one of the best plots in that franchise too
Tbh lukes development is one of the only few things I didnt like about the story. I dont like how his character takes too much of a backseat after act 1 and hardly gets any development until the very tail end of the game. Whereas we see a lot more steady development in act 1 like when he got over his fear of killing. The way the other characters and antagonists are fleshed out are all perfect but oddly enough the MC got the short end of the stick.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Xenoblade 3 kept me engaged and I wanted to keep playing and playing to find out what happens next. I really liked Berseria but Xenoblade 3 takes the cake. Velvet is one of the best Tales protags to date though.

Tbh lukes development is one of the only few things I didnt like about the story. I dont like how his character takes too much of a backseat after act 1 and hardly gets any development until the very tail end of the game. Whereas we see a lot more steady development in act 1 like when he got over his fear of killing. The way the other characters and antagonists are fleshed out are all perfect but oddly enough the MC got the short end of the stick.

That's an understandable compliant

I dont even think a sequel would really be possible. If they make one I hope its an alternate reality type scenario. If it is then i'd be all down for it.

Yeah sequels don't tend to be good when it comes to anime I noticed so there's that. I just hated the ending of Abyss. Talking about very last part.

That's an understandable compliant

Yeah sequels don't tend to be good when it comes to anime I noticed so there's that. I just hated the ending of Abyss. Talking about very last part.
You didn't like that it was too open ended? Understandable.

I didn't mind that, I just assume Luke came back. Personally I really liked it. One of the few scenes in gaming that made me shed a tear.

Top Bottom