• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Refs should carry on and be responsible for handling their duties correctly. If a talent botches the script, that should be on them. Regardless of the person responsible, If there is a botch, it can easily be remedied by a rematch the next time cameras are on the air. Shouldn't be a big deal, I would think.

There's some rumor/fact that floats around every couple months that refs get paid bonuses if they work through the botches.

As in, count until you see the shoulder come up, even if it's not the right ending.

I like to think it's true because it adds a lot to their jobs and the info they're given.

Vince probably wants to do some racist shit with Metalik, but they keep talking him out of it. So he just stays off TV while Vince thinks of something else.

Mahonay

Banned
Vince probably wants to do some racist shit with Metalik, but they keep talking him out of it. So he just stays off TV while Vince thinks of something else.
BUT WHAT ABOUT MY TACO TRUCK MATCH WITH GRAN METALIK AND KALISTO?

Sorry I thought you said Jesse Ventura.

cordy

Banned
Rereading some of last night's posts and shit, some people aren't good at predicting. Idk how the hell people thought Ambrose would turn heel when it's clearly leading to them reuniting and getting the titles from Cesaro and Sheamus.

Nakamura vs Roman would be pretty great actually.
I would think so too. I've wanted to like Nak, but I haven't really seen any reason to care for him...Ziggler didn't help either.
At the very least this is definitely preferable to "let's do the Shield again"
I'd rather see Seth and Dean in a tag match than have them as single competitors. Limits Dean's shitty moveset and Seth's awful and constant desire to get his shit in.

Mahonay

Banned
Rereading some of last night's posts and shit, some people aren't good at predicting. Idk how the hell people thought Ambrose would turn heel when it's clearly leading to them reuniting and getting the titles from Cesaro and Sheamus.
People actually care about what Ambrose is going to do?

Raw64life

Can't wait for the last few months of Nakamura's contract when he tells them he's not re-signing and they job him out to the entire roster.

Anth0ny

Bored Nakamura attempting to carry that bum Roman would be awful

Just keep Roman in this feud with Braun forever where he just gets tossed around. Braun has nowhere to go but down from here.

tumblr_nr3jlgpR9e1sdttu1o1_500.gif

[ RUMORS ARE SWIRLING THAT THE GWF6 DATE IS GOING TO BE REVEALED TODAY! ]
6 = number of Hasney rematches

Zach

[ RUMORS ARE SWIRLING THAT THE GWF6 DATE IS GOING TO BE REVEALED TODAY! ]

Kornflayx and Bronx-Man's time is up, Biggest-Geek-Ever and my time is now
They can't see us, our time is now
It's the franchise, boy, we're shining now
They can't see us, our time is now!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't watch enough WWE these days, but it's been true in the past. Was a goddamn hilarious match in the rebooted ECW which Benoit either accidentally won or lost.

There's nothing about the product that suggests to me matches have been called as a shoot in WWF/E ever. Refs abort counts on non-finishes all of the time.

Also lol @ Meltzer bitching that Angle put Emma in a Jax match because maybe Jordan was down to get with Emma.

jmdajr

I want to see Kahli in Shorts. I don't know. Are his legs even real now?

wosup1n.jpg

I wonder if his bones are so deteriorated that he can't work out his legs anymore.

Tall4Life

There's nothing about the product that suggests to me matches have been called as a shoot in WWF/E ever. Refs abort counts on non-finishes all of the time.

Also lol @ Meltzer bitching that Angle put Emma in a Jax match because maybe Jordan was down to get with Emma.

Brawl for All motherhecker

AJ went into business for himself to drop the US Title is great smark fan fiction. Almost too good to be true.

I find it hard to believe that these two extremely talented wrestlers could not put together a better finish on the fly if it was changed mid-match unless they really don't give a fuck anymore.

This mystery is very deep. I'll back the "AJ forgot to kick out" theory even though that is anathema to how professional the dude is.

Hasney

This mystery is very deep. I'll back the "AJ forgot to kick out" theory even though that is anathema to how professional the dude is.

You might just no hear that first count sometimes. Happens to the best of them.

I'm just going to buy that it was a shit finish and an off day.

You might just no hear that first count sometimes. Happens to the best of them.

I'm just going to buy that it was a shit finish and an off day.

Yep.

I wonder how long before this public spotlight on the NFL CTE stuff (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1410924) spreads to our beloved carny entertainments. This is why we need single payer healthcare, friends. Any attempt to unionize will kill the business and these dudes can't afford health insurance as is. Otherwise...5 years...

Egg0

Banned
AJ went into business for himself to drop the US Title is great smark fan fiction. Almost too good to be true.

I find it hard to believe that these two extremely talented wrestlers could not put together a better finish on the fly if it was changed mid-match unless they really don't give a fuck anymore.

It's weird. Even before the finish, they were trading crossfaces.

Meltzer's obsession with be very serious is the best.

What he said was that it was a heel move because what if Jordan would have wanted to hook up with Emma and that he'd be pissed at "Dad" if he were Jordan

Anth0ny

holy fuck meltzer said the odds were 495 to 1 in favor of aj

someone lost their house

alternatively, some legend who bet $5 on kevin owens is now rich

Top Bottom