• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

That one nonsense promo from Titus perhaps?
Now last night you all... I mean earlier tonight you guys hurl-heard that the New Day, talking about winning the WWE Tag Team champions... being the t-becoming the WWE Tag Team champions, last summer, right here, in Brooklyn. Now what you all forget, sometimes, is that going into that match that the Prime Time Players were your tag team champions, w-going in. So every time I get draaaaagged back here to good ol' Brooklyn... I always get someone answering the same question. Whether it be one of them broke brothers from Bushwick, or one of them uppity hipsters from williamsburg. They ask the question: "Was that the worst day of your life?" I look at em. And I say no. That wasn't the worst day of my life, cause when I flash this million dollar smile, I tell ya right now baby, that was the BEST day of my life. It wasn't the worst day of my life cause I dropped the tag team titles, it was the best day of my life, because I dropped the dead weight that was Darren Young. Oh no no no, let's let's let's let's be real. There's no Ride Along - there is a reason there's no episode of Ride Along with the Prime Time Players. Pretty difficult to do when it's only one Prime Time Player. And he would not be relevant - Darren Young would not be relevant if it wasn't for me. Much like Jay-Z wouldn't be relevant if it wudn't for Beyonce. Oh yeah you booin', but it's true, think about it! Bob Backlund. How is Bob Backlund gonna make Darren Young great again, when he wasn't ever great to begin with? I would be all over the main event. You would be wearing my T-shirt. Hell, I would be your Universal champion right now, if it wasn't for Darren Young. Y'all wanna talk about some Bobbbb BACKLIN. Well tonight, I blame YOU Darren Young. I blame YOU for all the failures that I have not ha-no-had since I been here. I blame YOU for not being in the main event. I blame YOU for not being the WWE Champion. And I'll tell ya tonight, tonight. You come out here tonight so I can bury you, and be done with you, all together. Come on out here Darren Young, give these people what they want. They want you, come on out here. Come on, we gon' make Darren Young great again, come on Darren.

I'll tell ya what's going on right now. Ol' crazy, wild-eyed, bobbb BACKLIN is back there tellin' him, don't go out there, don't go out there. Cause... he knows... damn well, that Darren Young is too stupid to come out here. So- ......I want Darren. I don't know who y'all want, but I want Darren to come on out here. I want Dar-ren. Okay. That old crazy man please let this man come out here. I mean t-AY! Who is Bob Backlin anyway? Who is Bob Backlin? Who does Bob Backlin- Ay ay, don't you come out here. I will beat yo-

Actually the bigger problem here I think is that not even amiibo let you change while in the lobby, that's just a no go entirely for some reason.

The reason is that the matchmaking supposedly takes into account the weapon choice, so changing it while you are matching would lead to problems.

My top 5 all time would probably be
1) Austin
2) Bret
3) Savage
4) Flair
5) Undertaker

HBK would probably be somewhere between 6-8, depending on where I rank Dusty Rhodes, Sting, and HBK

Real quick off the top of my head I would take Austin, Bret, Macho, Flair, Angle, [redacted], Eddie

Actually the bigger problem here I think is that not even amiibo let you change while in the lobby, that's just a no go entirely for some reason.

You can't load out at all.

Sephzilla

Splatoon 2 is kind of Nintendo in a nutshell. The core multiplayer gameplay stuff is fantastic but all of the other multiplayer/online portions of it that you'd expect to behave like a 21st century game are nowhere to be found because Nintendo is ran by people who still think it's 2004.

McGillicutty was the most confused I've ever been watching wrestling

And I've watched a lot of TNA, including Reverse Battle Royal
It's just weird overall. Kaval (or well Low Ki) is the one who wins yet Axel is given the mic to cut a promo about what's going to happen for him then when Kaval tries cutting the promo he gets immediately attacked by the former rookies like five seconds into it.

Mahonay

Banned
Austin is probably like #6 for me in WWE, the workrate of the other guys it just more appealing for me when I'm actually watching matches. As a package, Austin is above guys like Bryan and Benoit.

The reason is that the matchmaking supposedly takes into account the weapon choice, so changing it while you are matching would lead to problems.

Actually this has been noticeable in ranked, my inkbrush almost always ends up against the other brush and not doubled down.

Still loadouts in the hub menu by default makes too much sense, if the amiibo can do it under the pretence of taking your loadout to another console than surely the functionality can be added to the main game for convenience.
But I'm heading way off topic here.

Mahonay

Banned
It's just weird overall. Kaval (or well Low Ki) is the one who wins yet Axel is given the mic to cut a promo about what's going to happen for him then when Kaval tries cutting the promo he gets immediately attacked by the former rookies like five seconds into it.
Everything about it is a glorious train wreck.

Sephzilla

I've always thought Shawn's in ring skills were a touch... overrated? Coked HBK halfassed any match he didn't care about and Jesus HBK's matches were mostly him getting beat up for 10 minutes before superkicking his way to victory. I always felt like Shawn never fully realized his potential

Recall

Bret made people, got the best out of them where others couldn't and had some truly great PPV matches on a near consistent basis.

He was flawed, and I'm fine with that but he made me care unlike any other and that is a talent I will always appreciate.

Mahonay

Banned
I remember when I was a kid and I first saw Shamrock in WWF I thought he was going to be a top guy.

I was always big on the guys that seemed like shooters.

I was a giant Vader mark.

Heroman

Banned
I've always thought Shawn's in ring skills were a touch... overrated? Coked HBK halfassed any match he didn't care about and Jesus HBK's matches were mostly him getting beat up for 10 minutes before superkicking his way to victory. I always felt like Shawn never fully realized his potential
You can say the same for most wreslters I mean Jumbo is one of all time great but wouldn't do shit alot of the time.

I don't know if I could do an all-time fave five off the top of my head. Just too many guys to consider. All I know is that Bryan would probably be on it. And I think I'm more fluid with mine. I'm not really attached to any era of wrestling considering I started watching wrestling when it was mostly bad. If anything I'm more attached to this most recent crop of guys than anyone in the past.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I know I'm almost always salty when it comes to Shawn, but the one thing that I really respect him for is sticking it right up Hogan's ass. That SummerSlam match...all those years of Hogan fucking people over...it was so deserved. He got so angry at Shawn, so good.

Hulk+Hogan+shoulder+block++to+HBK.gif

Yea but that was a "pot calling the kettle black" situation. Michaels did the exact same backstage bullshit that Hogan did. He was just mad that Hogan had more stroke then he did.

Sephzilla

Bret made people, got the best out of them where others couldn't and had some truly great PPV matches on a near consistent basis.

He was flawed, and I'm fine with that but he made me care unlike any other and that is a talent I will always appreciate.

Bret's biggest flaws as a wrestler I always thought were more on the promo/character side of the world. In ring Bret was a fucking wizard who could make any local jobber look like a star.

Recall

Yea but that was a "pot calling the kettle black" situation. Michaels did the exact same backstage bullshit that Hogan did. He was just mad that Hogan had more stroke then he did.

Hogan did for a very long fucking time.

HBK had stroke 95-98.

Hogan killed promotions.

Sephzilla

HBK and the Kliq nearly killed WWF. If he would have had Hogan-tier stroke he probably would have

Vince should have sided with Bret, damnit

Anth0ny

Top 5 workers? I bet you'll be surprised by mine:

1. Austin
2. Bret
3. Foley
4. Rock
5. Angle

My attitude era love runs deep.

benoit is ruined, can't put him in top 5.

Sephzilla

I still love the story of HBK ribbing Mark Henry and Henry threatening to rip him from his bones. HBK then went to Vince :lol:

lol. HBK was always a little bitch who hid behind others. This probably explains why Henry went form having a decent push to being a background Nation of Domination member

I wonder what would have happened to the locker room if HBK defected to WCW with Nash and Hall

Anth0ny

Rock, huh? Bold move, Cotton.

I just think of everyone who gives me feels during their matches, whether that's due to technical skill, story telling, psychology or whatever. Rock during those prime years is right up there for me, even if he doesn't have the technical skill of a benoit or the hard hitting style of a Shibata... his matches were just a fucking joy to watch.

Top Bottom