• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jump Super Stars (Nintendo DS) new pics + characters (Hikaru No Go, Yu-Gi-Oh...)

Namomura

One of my most wanted action game for Nintendo DS. I like that football level !

34301020050527_182922_8_big.jpg

More : http://www.jeux-france.com/news10419_jump-super-stars-scans-v-jump.html

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
E3 made me completely forget about this game, hopefully this makes it as a U.S. release.

So that stage is a Football (American) Stadium correct? Are Eyeshield 21 characters in this game as well or is the property used simply as a background? Another possibility is that random sports objects are used as platforms so I might be reading too much into this.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
TekunoRobby said:
E3 made me completely forget about this game, hopefully this makes it as a U.S. release.

Sooo that stage is a Football (American) Stadium correct? Are Eyeshield 21 characters in this game as well or is the property used simply as a background?

well considering eyeshield 21 characters are clearly seen in that image, i would say they are in the game.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
sp0rsk said:
well considering eyeshield 21 characters are clearly seen in that image, i would say they are in the game.
Is it the guy with the machine gun? Sorry I'm not too familar with the manga.

EDIT: I see the guy tackling, I was thinking it was some sort of level specific obstacle. Anyways I got my answer.

Jacobi said:
Whoa, Yu-Gi-Oh too. Could be THE system-seller (you know where ;))
Well I'm sold now. :lol I've been hoping for Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yami Yugi since the game was revealed, didn't think it would happen, but of course it did. Looks like he can summon monsters, now Exodia would be a hilarious addition. :lol

Up until now there were no characters in the game that I was particularly interested in.

Jonk

So what are the franchises used so far in this game.

You have...

DragonBall Z
Naruto
One Piece
Yu-gi-oh
Hikaru Nogo

What else?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Jonk said:
So what are the franchises used so far in this game.

You have...

DragonBall Z
Naruto
One Piece
Yu-gi-oh
Hikaru Nogo
Eyeshield 21
Shaman King
Bobobobobo (however you spell it)
What else?
I added the new entries in bold. Well the ones that I know at least.

I don't know who these characters are:

Guy in white and the kid with the white hair
34301020050527_182921_4_big.jpg

Guy in tank, Samurai, and girl in pink business attire
34301020050527_182921_5_big.jpg

Police chief looking guy and guy on motorcycle
34301020050527_182920_3_big.jpg

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Hikaru no Go? OK, this is getting waaaay out of hand. I guess it already was from the beginning though. :p

pkasho

How come I don't see anyone mention Black Cat?

34301020050527_182923_11_big.jpg

love that comic~

(bottom, mid 2 characters for anyone not familiar)

BDGAME

Yu yu Hakusho is confirmed too!

I really hope this game come to USA or Europe! From animes/mangas I know, we have:

- One Piece
- Naruto
- Shaman King
- Yo Gi Oh
- Dragon Ball Z
- Yu Yu Hakusho

Man! It's 6 animes/mangas that I love in 1 game! It's a Dream and a MUST BUY!!!!

Yu Yu Hakusho? Is there anyone from the manga in any of those screens? I can't seem to find any, but if that's true. That's two series, and thus makes this a much more worthy buy for myself.

Also don't forget about Eyeshield 21, that's the reason for the football stadium and the football guy in the same shots.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Shonen Jump - Viz Media
DragonBall Z - Funimation
Naruto - Viz Media
One Piece - 4Kids
Yu-gi-oh - 4Kids
Shaman King - 4Kids
Bobobobobo - Toei
Yu Yu Hakusho - Funimation
Hikaru No Go - nobody
Eyeshield 21 - nobody
Kochikame - nobody
Death Note - nobody
Black Cat - nobody

This game will never come to the US if only because 4Kids are asses & Funimation/Atari has the only US rights to use their series characters in videogames.

G4life98

we have to have a revolution version of this game ...STAT!!!!!

imagine the insanity of a full console version...the mind boggles.

miyuru

By far this game is amazing simply because of all the franchises it uses. Not only that, these are very major franchises. Just insane!

From IGN:
Players start off with 100 points, and as they fight, they take points from other players based on the strength of their attacks. The player with the most points when time ends is the winner. Strangely, if a character reaches 0 points, he can still fight, but other players can no longer get any points by beating up on him.

In addition to the point meter, players have J-Damashii meters, one for each character in their Manga Deck. This J-Damashii meter depletes with special attacks and time, and when it's depleted completely, the character changes to black and white and incurs super damage if hit. You can replenish your J-Damashii meter by making use of items that you find in the stage (the one item from the demo was actually for replenishing this meter).

The demo contained just one fighting stage themed in One Piece and featuring the instantly recognizable pirate ship in the background and lots of platforms in the foreground, including platforms that move up and down. The battle stage is meant to be one frame of a comic, and if you scroll up high enough, you can see another black and white frame above it. The left and right sides of the frame can be damaged by strong attacks, leaving small holes open that characters can fall through, appearing back on the battle field with some damage incurred.

Zeenbor

I seem to recall this game having Kenshin in it, but I can't find the pics in question. Can anyone confirm Kenshin is in it or am I nuts?

olimario

Banned
My problem is that all the levels seem to have the same design with different texture sets.
Half of what made Smash Bros. great was the different levels with different focuses. Hyrule is spread out so you have to adapt your fighting style. PokeFloats is constantly moving and constantly requires you to platform.

I don't want 30 different looks for one level.

Pellham

Banned
why are the one piece girls wearing pants instead of miniskirts? oh well this still looks cool. Wonder if Prince of Tennis and Gintama will make the cut.

G-Fex

Aw damnit, not Yu-Gi-Oh, anything but him. I would've preffered get backers or something but not Yu-Gi-Oh.

oh well, the only one i'm interested in really is Naruto.

amodf

Same day as Castlevania DS, actually! It's like if Nintendo's two biggest GBA games for the year came out on the same day in the US... wait.

ANYWAY, since I can't create a new thread, I wanted to bump this one with info! Since I imagine all the scans for this game come out in V-Jump, no new info will be coming out for another month. There are still at least three big Jump series missing from this game (Hunter X Hunter, Prince of Tennis and Bleach), and I imagine all three will be in the game (I thought Yu-Gi-Oh! wouldn't make it because of Konami's stranglehold on the license, but Shueisha doesn't care! Damn they're hardcore!), they'll be in the upcoming announcements, along with some surprise series I'm sure (City Hunter? Hokuto no Ken? Dr. Slump? Some other old Jump stuff?). Also, as far as I know, characters from the following series are in the game:

- Dragon Ball Z (Goku, Gohan and Vegeta were in the initial scan, but only Goku has appeared as playable; Gohan and Vegeta may have been phased out in order to include more OP characters; also Shenlon Stage and Senzu Beans)
- Naruto (Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke are playable characters; Rock Lee is a confirmed support character and it looks like Shikamaru, Neji and Hinata are also support)
- One Piece (Luffy, Sanji and Zoro are confirmed playable characters; latest screens show both Nami and Nico Robin as support and playable characters; Chopper is a confirmed support character; Going Merry is a Stage)
- Rurouni Kenshin (Kenshin and Saitou popped up in May's gaggle of screens, but only on the manga panel version, no confirmation on playable or support)
- Yuyu Hakusho (Hiei popped up like the Kenshin characters did, same deal)
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Jotaro is confirmed playable; Dio's Castle is a stage)
- KochiKame (Full name is stupid long; main guy is playable character; other idiots support I'm sure)
- Yu-Gi-Oh! (Yugi is playable)
- Bobobobo Bobobobo (Bobobo and Don Pachi are playable, Heppokomaru might be playable; other idiots are support or item characters at least)
- Shaman King (Yoh is a confirmed playable character; May's screens showed Anna as a manga panel, probably a support character)
- Eyeshield 21 (The latest screens showed Hiruma doing a bunch of stuff, but he was right next to a playable character, it looks like he's support; Kurita & Eyeshield himself are confirmed support characters; um, flying footballs hovering over nondescript stadium is a stage)
- D. Gray-man (May's screens showed simply the words D. Gray-man in an item collection box, probably a support character)
- Black Cat (Black Cat [is that the main character's name?] and Train look like support characters)
- Hikaru no Go (Hikaru & Sai looks to be a support character)
- Death Note (L and Light are confirmed support characters)
- Mr. Fullswing (I'm sure whoever they are all appear support characters)
- Ichigo 100% (Same deal)

So assumed playable characters are: Luffy, Zoro, Robin, Sanji, Nami, Goku, Bobobo, Don Pachi, Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Yoh, Yugi, KochiKame guy, and Jotaro.

Hm. That list looks a lot more barren than I thought it would. I certainly hope some of the RRK or YYH characters are playable, or that some of the characters from HxH, Bleach or PoT are playable. Otherwise, it's just OP vs. Naruto.

Also, the Jump Pirate appears frequently as an obtainable item. I'm sure he'll end up playable in some form thanks to wacky ol' Nintendo. The initial teaser previews also said there'd be "three more series" appearing, but that was before even Bobobo was added, and they've added far more than three series since then. It looks like the game will encompass everything important that's come from Jump since at least the early 90's, which makes me think that they decided against holding things off for the inevitable sequel. Which means the inevitable sequel will include a few villians from the popular series, as well as palette swapped Young Goku and Old Naruto (ha ha... ha).

It actually looks like Ganbarion is giving a hoot for once in their existance and trying to create a game that isn't best described as "eh... it's ok." Which certainly fits their last game (did they even make that one?) One Piece: Grand Battle - Combat Rush (which was the best of the OP:GB games by far, but not as good as the Nintendo co-produced One Piece: Treasure Wars), and better than the last game I know they produced, One Piece: Grand Battle 3 (which was absolutely abysmal in every way). Someone cut and paste this into a new thread or something, the game's only, uh... 3 months away! And it's for DS! Everyone loves the DS.

Also, it looks like this game has three attack buttons! Even though that only amounts to about 10 attacks per character, at least you've learned something, Nintendo (p.s. command specials are good at least include cancellable attacks, jerks)!

amodf

I don't think fuunuraba means anything, actually. I think it means "what Kurita says when he tackles/blocks someone." I believe he says it as a sumo wrestler would say "dosukoi."

GDGF

Soothsayer
Thanks amodf! I dig it when some guy comes out of nowhere with new and interesting information.

amodf

Sure! I think this game will be very decent. It probably won't be any good (Ganbarion < Dimps, and that's that bad), but will at least be interesting for fans of this stuff.

Also, I think I saw someone inquire about this before, but the screens that had Jotaro and the Kenshin & Yuyu characters had full info on the extra modes also. And I can't find them (yay!). BUT, in those screens there were descriptions of a "Challenge Mode," where you completed various tasks or whatever, and unlocked stuff. That was in Smash Bros., I think? And I'm pretty sure there'll be some kind of trophy/collection mode. Those were also in those screens, and where D.Gray-man popped up. BUT ALAS, they've disappeared.

It looks like Nintendo/Bandai/Ganbarion are at least stuffing the game full of content, so even if it sucks, hey, at least there's plenty of busy work! Shame it has to come out on the same day as Castlevania DS. Konami's dumb like that.

Top Bottom