• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JUNE! Comics OT Before Four Dollar Books and Toasters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

She hate me. :(

It's like an arranged marriage, we will learn to love this thread.

Finished the BRPD volume 4 tpb "The Dead", first full BRPD arc i've read and i liked it, though i don't think i will dive in to the rest. I still have to read my Hellboy Library editions as first priority.

Splatt

The latest issue of Inc. Hulk by Aaron was hilarious. Nice to see Dillon drawing Punisher again, even though his Hulk looks like shit.

NEO0MJ

Just finished reading the first three volumes of Irredeemable and Atomic Robo!

Irredeemable was great, and I just ordered the remaining volumes online. Atomic Robo...not so much.
There were some nice parts but they way the story is structured/written doesn't work with me. Sorry Tizoc =(

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Just finished reading the first three volumes of Irredeemable and Atomic Robo!

Irredeemable was great, and I just ordered the remaining volumes online. Atomic Robo...not so much.
There were some nice parts but they way the story is structured/written doesn't work with me. Sorry Tizoc =(

So............. you still want to hang on to Atomic Robo Vol. 3...........?

a6dvi.png

k9Abt.png

AIKvt.png

uAEmY.png

Help Oliver Nome.

Oliver Nome is an artist for Aspen, DC, Marvel comics who has recently been diagnosed with a golf ball sized tumor in his brain. Oliver is a freelance artist, does not have health insurance and the procedure to remove the tumor will be very expensive.

My name is Michael Alexandropoulos and I represent Oliver for his art sales. Oliver is one of the best people that I know and I love him like a brother.

The purpose of this campaign is to attempt to alleviate some of the financial pressures that will come with having the surgery.

Your help during this campaign will help Oliver pay down some of the expected medical bills, keep up with current financial commitments, and allow him some time to recover properly without that financial burden hanging over him.

What We Need & What You Get

While the anticipated cost of this surgery is between $45,000 and $60,000, we are setting the goal for this campaign at $20,000. We hope to of course raise enough money to cover all of his surgical and hospital care.

What you get, well you get artwork, prints created by Oliver and some of his friends. Each and every penny raised from this campaign will go towards paying his medical and personal bills during his recovery.

Donate here.

Has anyone read Ravagers #1? I enjoyed the preview immensely, but I'd love to hear some feedback before I decide whether to purchase it.

The latest issue of Inc. Hulk by Aaron was hilarious. Nice to see Dillon drawing Punisher again, even though his Hulk looks like shit.

I don't get how people like this issue at all. Dillans art was brutal, the punisher had absolutely no purpose, the hulk was completely dumbed down and the story was a campy mess with so many flaws. I really enjoyed the first 7.1 issues alot, such a disappointing issue for me.

Has anyone read Ravagers #1? I enjoyed the preview immensely, but I'd love to hear some feedback before I decide whether to purchase it.

Barh if you liked the preview that much I would just buy it. Though people are responding negative to it though it might be for the same reasons I described for TT.

tm24

It was alright. If you've enjoyed whats going on in TT you'll love whats going on in Ravagers. Solid book. It definitely has a lot of potential. Definition of 3/5 book

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I love uncanny x-force so I started drawing a fan drawing, but then i was like, 'this is stupid, i'm a grown ass man' so i put bowie and derrick rose in it.

115545546660185124_kJzjTwh9_f.jpg

I won't post it, but it's under Axel in Charge article on CBR and the blacked out cover for ZvX Versus 5. People got mad when fake Leviathan spoilers were posted. So you have a chance to resist temptation. I ain't gonna be that brah that ruins it for the tempted.

I won't post it, but it's under Axel in Charge article on CBR and the blacked out cover for ZvX Versus 5. People got mad when fake Leviathan spoilers were posted. So you have a chance to resist temptation. I ain't gonna be that brah that ruins it for the tempted.

I don't see it. Just spoiler about the avengers movie.

Owzers

Axel Alonso may have just spoiled who the Phoenix Force will posses.

*reads premise for Axel in Charge thingy*
*sees that it's about AvX*
*assumes it's going to have spoilers just like every Marvel article does*
*avoids*

I started reading the Astonishing X-Men Xenogenesis hardcover by Ellis and Andrews....it's okay i guess. That art is still going to give me nightmares though.

tumblr_lhgbo8uG3I1qfgxleo1_500.jpg

tim1138

Oh hey yeah, he may have.

Finally sat down with all my BPRD Plague Of Frogs stuff. Finished Killing Ground and am on to 1946.

Holy fucking shit, these are the best comics ever made. It makes even Uncanny X-Force look like a Nu52 book. I can't even believe it. I've been reading the book on the reg since Hell On Earth started but it's absolutely mindboggling how well and intricately everything is all tied together, even the Lobster Johnson stuff. All the "cool stories" like The Long Cold Death I'm now realizing were these HUGE fucking character pieces that have building up for like SEVEN YEARS.

This comic is insane. The Hellboy Universe is the best universe in comics, no contest.

Owzers

Finally sat down with all my BPRD Plague Of Frogs stuff. Finished Killing Ground and am on to 1946.

Holy fucking shit, these are the best comics ever made. It makes even Uncanny X-Force look like a Nu52 book. I can't even believe it. I've been reading the book on the reg since Hell On Earth started but it's absolutely mindboggling how well and intricately everything is all tied together, even the Lobster Johnson stuff. All the "cool stories" like The Long Cold Death I'm now realizing were these HUGE fucking character pieces that have building up for like SEVEN YEARS.

This comic is insane. The Hellboy Universe is the best universe in comics, no contest.

have you read BRPD vol 4 " The Dead"? how would you rate it compared to the others if you have? I liked vol 4, it was the only whole volume i've read of BRPD, but i didn't think it was thattttttttt good, just good good.

I finished Astonishing X-Men Xenogenesis, there's nothing to really say about it outside of it being standard X-men stuff. Skip it.

have you read BRPD vol 4 " The Dead"? how would you rate it compared to the others if you have? I liked vol 4, it was the only whole volume i've read of BRPD, but i didn't think it was thattttttttt good, just good good.

I finished Astonishing X-Men Xenogenesis, there's nothing to really say about it outside of it being standard X-men stuff. Skip it.

I don't know, I'm reading it all at once. The Dead was as amazing as everything else. It probably helps to read the stuff before it. It's so interconnected.

Actually, there's a stretch of fill ins, three or four issues, that are terrible and totally out of step with the rest of the series. These are in the first Plague Of Frogs hardcover.

So I bought the first volume of New Avengers as per some suggestions in the last thread, on Comixology.... the issues aren't CMX-HD? I don't get it, collected issues are all SD? Dumb.

Owzers

So I bought the first volume of New Avengers as per some suggestions in the last thread, on Comixology.... the issues aren't CMX-HD? I don't get it, collected issues are all SD? Dumb.

are the single issues HD? I thought they were just starting to have "HD" issues of some of the newer books , is it all new books?

Help Oliver Nome.

Oliver Nome is an artist for Aspen, DC, Marvel comics who has recently been diagnosed with a golf ball sized tumor in his brain. Oliver is a freelance artist, does not have health insurance and the procedure to remove the tumor will be very expensive.

My name is Michael Alexandropoulos and I represent Oliver for his art sales. Oliver is one of the best people that I know and I love him like a brother.

The purpose of this campaign is to attempt to alleviate some of the financial pressures that will come with having the surgery.

Your help during this campaign will help Oliver pay down some of the expected medical bills, keep up with current financial commitments, and allow him some time to recover properly without that financial burden hanging over him.

What We Need & What You Get

While the anticipated cost of this surgery is between $45,000 and $60,000, we are setting the goal for this campaign at $20,000. We hope to of course raise enough money to cover all of his surgical and hospital care.

What you get, well you get artwork, prints created by Oliver and some of his friends. Each and every penny raised from this campaign will go towards paying his medical and personal bills during his recovery.

Donate here.

I made a donation, but I entered incorrect details for my postal address. Given the nature of the project, is there an appropriate way to contact the project operator to request a change in address? Or is there a way I can change it myself? I couldn't find anything in the account settings.

are the single issues HD? I thought they were just starting to have "HD" issues of some of the newer books , is it all new books?
Yeah the single issues are HD. I always thought the collected volumes just made it so your client downloaded them in bulk, but instead they seem to be separate files entirely. I'm gonna send them an email about it.

kswiston

So I finally got around to reading the Night of the Owls crossover. Snyder's issues were excellent, and I liked a few others, but I can't say I am much of a fan of this style of crossover. I guess you got to see the back histories of a bunch of talons
who are immediately defeated
, but many of the tie-ins seemed liked they were tied in for the sake of it, and didn't really add much. Not sure what I expected, but I thought this was going to be a full story instead of a prelude to Snyder's next story arc.

Other than Snyder's Batman, I haven't really kept up with any of these New 52 titles beyond month 1 or 2. Of the tie-in books, Catwoman and Red hood (to my suprise) were the standouts. Birds of Prey and All-Star Western were the only two I flat out disliked. The rest ranged from so-so to pretty good. However the only tie-in title that felt like it really needed to be part of the Night of Owls storyline was Nightwing.

So I finally got around to reading the Night of the Owls crossover. Snyder's issues were excellent, and I liked a few others, but I can't say I am much of a fan of this style of crossover. I guess you got to see the back histories of a bunch of talons
who are immediately defeated
, but many of the tie-ins seemed liked they were tied in for the sake of it, and didn't really add much. Not sure what I expected, but I thought this was going to be a full story instead of a prelude to Snyder's next story arc.

Other than Snyder's Batman, I haven't really kept up with any of these New 52 titles beyond month 1 or 2. Of the tie-in books, Catwoman and Red hood (to my suprise) were the standouts. Birds of Prey and All-Star Western were the only two I flat out disliked. The rest ranged from so-so to pretty good. However the only tie-in title that felt like it really needed to be part of the Night of Owls storyline was Nightwing.

I agree. I dread the issue of a series I'm collecting to reach a tie-in to a Main Event/Crossover. Recent example being Wolverine and the X-Men. Hopefully with Snyder's Night of the Owls, it can be read with just the main Batman comic.

I made a donation, but I entered incorrect details for my postal address. Given the nature of the project, is there an appropriate way to contact the project operator to request a change in address? Or is there a way I can change it myself? I couldn't find anything in the account settings.

You may want to try contacting Michael Alexandropoulos through http://moregreatart.com/ he's the art dealer that set up the fund raiser. It may be easier to contact him, provide your donation info and get things sorted out that way.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I've only been reading the Batman books and the Night of Owls makes complete sense. Nightwing and Robin showed up in the annual but it wasn't confusing.

My only complaint is that they made Freeze a lunatic. He used to be such a sad, tragic character and now he's just a crazy dude.

New Morning Glories this week - can't wait to not understand a single thing about it.

Caught up with Smoke and Mirrors, Dancer, Thief of Thieves, and Saga this weekend. All enjoyable, not sure if I'll continue buying all these in floppies though.

Also read the Rachel Rising tpb and need to pick up the new issues. I really like it.

Quake1028

My pull list for this week:

AVENGERS ACADEMY #31
AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #5
HULK #53
UNCANNY X-MEN #13
DARK AVENGERS #175 *maybe*
SECRET #2
ACTION COMICS #10
BATWING #10 *maybe*
DETECTIVE COMICS #10
DIAL H #2