• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Break Out Naan And Do The Needful, It's Time For MaharaJEEEEEZUSS

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So is Roman going to fight Lesnar at SummerSlam? Seems early for that; maybe they changed plans. Or they plan to make Roman lose and get all humbled or some shit so he can revenge at WrestleMania. Because dude was heel as all fuck today. The only thing he did that was even sort of babyface-y was that he was fighting Samoa Joe.

I mean the easy logic is Strowman beats Roman and claims the #1 Contendership for himself.

I'd buy that but for the fact that Roman announcing himself as the No. 1 contender for a show that's 2 months off but then not actually doing it isn't really how WWE operates these days - if it was, they would have immediately questioned his ability to do it.

Had Luke given a Promo yet or does changing the color of your wife beater shirt equal that?

He did a promo after a show where he just talked like a regular guy and talked about his wife and kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAr4ldm6jpU

So is Roman going to fight Lesnar at SummerSlam? Seems early for that; maybe they changed plans. Or they plan to make Roman lose and get all humbled or some shit so he can revenge at WrestleMania. Because dude was heel as all fuck today. The only thing he did that was even sort of babyface-y was that he was fighting Samoa Joe.

I'd buy that but for the fact that Roman announcing himself as the No. 1 contender for a show that's 2 months off but then not actually doing it isn't really how WWE operates these days - if it was, they would have immediately questioned his ability to do it.

He did a promo after a show where he literally just talked like a regular guy and talked about his wife and kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAr4ldm6jpU

Brock vs Strowman was always planned for this summer.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Brock vs Strowman was always planned for this summer.
I mean, I know what Meltzer wrote about it. The problem is that I don't always believe what Meltzer says is set in stone because as Meltzer says all of the time that it isn't. I'm just skeptical that they send Roman out to announce a very specific match for a very specific PPV (while nobody calls him out on just giving himself a match) if that's not actually going to happen.

It doesn't help for that plan to be plausible (which would probably send Roman into a Samoa Joe feud) it requires Strowman to go over.

Sure, they do screwy shit all of the time, its just unusual for them to specifically set a plan in stone like that if they have no intention to deliver - normally if they weren't going to give Roman a title match, they'd just have the announcers cast doubt on his ability to get the match.

I mean, I know what Meltzer wrote about it. The problem is that I don't always believe what Meltzer says is set in stone because as Meltzer says all of the time that it isn't.

I'm just skeptical that they send Roman out to announce a very specific match for a very specific PPV (while nobody calls him out on just giving himself a match) if that's not actually going to happen.

It doesn't help for that plan to be plausible (which would probably send Roman into a Samoa Joe feud) it requires Strowman to go over.

Literally the post WrestleMania Raw Brock segment was a faceoff with Strowman

And yeah Strowman goes over in an Ambulance match where Roman doesn't have to eat a pin or submission.

Velcro Fly

If the Enzo/Cass breakup means I don't have to hear that same promo every week and only have to watch Enzo wrestle every once in a while I'm good with this

Angry Grimace

Literally the post WrestleMania Raw Brock segment was a faceoff with Strowman

And yeah Strowman goes over in an Ambulance match where Roman doesn't have to eat a pin or submission.

I don't think a random segment from 3 months ago matters that much. I'm not saying its impossible; I'm just saying I would be surprised they'd announce a week in advance Roman was coming out to announce a match for SummerSlam, then he comes out and announces the match, but then the match doesn't actually ever happen.

If the Enzo/Cass breakup means I don't have to hear that same promo every week and only have to watch Enzo wrestle every once in a while I'm good with this

Cass is being replaced by Big Show.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is a very short lived breakup. The arenas are filled with Enzo and Cass stuff.

Adree

I don't think a random segment from 3 months ago matters that much. I'm not saying its impossible; I'm just saying I would be surprised they'd announce a week in advance Roman was coming out to announce a match for SummerSlam, then he comes out and announces the match, but then the match doesn't actually ever happen.

Cass is being replaced by Big Show.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is a very short lived breakup. The arenas are filled with Enzo and Cass stuff.

Big Show shat on Enzo as well though? Well I guess it is Show so he can flip face/heel a hundred more times and then be buddies with him.

If you check the English NJPW site; njpw1972.com they will have a link to an English friendly ticket agency when the tickets go on sale. And yeah, it's digital.

I’ve been to a couple of NJPW shows at Korakuen Hall. Both times I just turned up at the event and bought tickets at the door, although they were standing tickets. Cost about 35,000 yen I think.
Booking in advance makes sense if you want seated tickets.
Thanks guys :)

for the DDT show I went to I just rocked up and got tickets at the door, was just worried NJPW would sell out and I wouldn't be able to get tickets more so as I think the King of Pro Wrestling show is one of their bigger ones for the year.

I really can't wait to see the NJPW guys live :D

G1 line-up is out! No real surprises this year, but IBUSHI IS BACK!!

Tana, Togi, Elgin, Okada, Goto, Ishii, Yano, YOSHI, Omega, Fale, Tama, Naito, SANADA, EVIL, Kojima, Nagata, Juice, MiSu, ZSJ, Ibushi

klonere

Banned
Ibushi!!!! Kenny and Ibushi at the Dome for Kenny's send off it is then.

Happy to see Juice make it to the G1. What a journey he's had.

Nope, nothing's certain in regard to contracts because all we have to go on is rumour and hearsay. Booking's the best indication, and if they're setting up for Ibushi vs Omega at the Dome then I'd say Kenny's staying next year.

Jashobeam

4RRjcCF.jpg

Hex

Banned
Nope, nothing's certain in regard to contracts because all we have to go on is rumour and hearsay. Booking's the best indication, and if they're setting up for Ibushi vs Omega at the Dome then I'd say Kenny's staying next year.

Kenny has more freedom then he ever has, and thanks to the Bucks is making huge money.
There is no upside to going WWE unless you buy into the myth that to have made it you have to go there, which is a myth that needs to be shown as false

GunBR

I can't see what are the plans for the Tag division on Raw now
The champs are heel, The Club are heel, Revival are heel and...that's it

They will have to keep the Hardyz fighting for the belt until the end of year or create a heel vs heel feud (I'm fine with the later, but they never do that)

G1 line-up is out! No real surprises this year, but IBUSHI IS BACK!!

Tana, Togi, Elgin, Okada, Goto, Ishii, Yano, YOSHI, Omega, Fale, Tama, Naito, SANADA, EVIL, Kojima, Nagata, Juice, MiSu, ZSJ, Ibushi

Come on, give me that MiSu vs. Zack Labour Jr. match I've wanted for years.

And it's Nagata's last G1. A miracle run is probably too much to expect.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
maybe Braun costs Brock the title vs Joe for no reason and that leads to Brock v Braun and Roman v Joe for the title?

Joe would look terrible and then drop the title to Roman (of course) but at least he could say he was wwe champion ;_;

You know, after the controversy last night you'd think Raw would want to put the ladies on a pedestal and say loook we love our women so much!

Instead you get 2 random women in the ring, oh wait here is the woman champ out to do commentating! But wait, she is attacked before saying anything oh now they're going to the ring oh now they're fighting with the other 2 oh now here comes 2 more to the ring, oh now here comes another and everyone brawls for a few seconds and it's all meaningless and lumped together in 2 pointless minutes of a 3 hour show that did nothing for no one, achieved zero anything and progressed the division even less than that somehow.

But anyway *cuts to Cole* did you hear, earlier tonight Seth Rollins is on our new video game cover! That's right everyone, that guy you liked 2 years ago but has been trash since, yea him, GREAT DECISION HUH?!

/Vince

Top Bottom