• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazuya Mishima(Tekken) enters Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

GrayFoxPL

Trailer:

Move list:

Move list comparison to Tekken 7.

Picture by Tekken Project:

rMYhv0Y.jpg

Hanashi ni naran na!

Last edited:

SSfox

It quite pisses me off that i've and many other Tekken players always asked Harada to give us character specific themes in new Tekken games based from the first Tekken games, Tekken 2 and Tekken 3 had some of the best videogames music of all times. But Kazuya actually got his remix theme that he always deserved in ... SMASH...

That being said they actually finally gave us Pool X Beach stage with remixed music from the original with the new Stage that came with Lidia, maybe Harada finally got it, maybe.

GrayFoxPL

It quite pisses me off that i've and many other Tekken players always asked Harada to give us character specific themes in new Tekken games based from the first Tekken games, Tekken 2 and Tekken 3 had some of the best videogames music of all times. But Kazuya actually got his remix theme that he always deserved in ... SMASH...

That being said they actually finally gave us Pool X Beach stage with remixed music from the original with the new Stage that came with Lidia, maybe Harada finally got it, maybe.

Michael Murray is at the Tekken helm.

SSfox

Michael Murray is at the Tekken helm.
Yeah i know, but it's still quite recent, i mentioned Harada because it was long time ago the requests were happening, also Harada still has big role in Tekken, actually as much as Murray if not more, he even said after Murray nominations that people can still talk to him directly about their wishes in Tekken.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah i know, but it's still quite recent, i mentioned Harada because it was long time ago the requests were happening, also Harada still has big role in Tekken, actually as much as Murray if not more, he even said after Murray nominations that people can still talk to him directly about their wishes in Tekken.
Yes, because Murray had a breakdown on twitter. So, Harada had to step in. Btw. he already said he wants to get the fuck away from Tekken but now what? Feeling lonely? Pshh.

But really, anything Tekken related goes to Murray. He is the Tekken producer.

Kokoloko85

Awesome. Im surprised its taken this long for a Tekken character to come to Smash Bros.
They would never show Kazuya throwing Mario or Link into the Volcano lol.

Trailer:

Move list:

Move list comparison to Tekken 7.

Picture by Tekken Project:

rMYhv0Y.jpg

Hanashi ni naran na!

Ryu is not getting thrown into the Volcano

kunonabi

Not ecstatic about Kazuya since we still have other more pressing character needs but considering how terrible this season pass has been it could have been much worse. Looking forward to how he plays though.

carlosrox

Banned
Fuck yeah. Kazuya's the shit. So glad it was him and not Heihachi or Jin.

He's the Chris Redfield of the series.

Nice remix in the trailer but God damn I'm gonna be upset if the original isn't included.

In fact, add as many tracks from Tekken 1 and 2 as much as possible cuz that was easily the series' high when it came to the music.

Last edited:

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
I'm not a fan of those fighting game characters they keep including in SSB. I don't like Ryu, I don't like KoF dude and I don't care about this dude either. They're gonna try to adapt him as accurately as possible which doesn't leave much room for interesting move sets IMO. Also, he's probably the most boring choice they could've gone with for a Tekken rep.

GrayFoxPL

I'm not a fan of those fighting game characters they keep including in SSB. I don't like Ryu, I don't like KoF dude and I don't care about this dude either. They're gonna try to adapt him as accurately as possible which doesn't leave much room for interesting move sets IMO. Also, he's probably the most boring choice they could've gone with for a Tekken rep.

See, and people get offended when SSB isn't called a real fighting game. ;]

star trek smirk GIF by HULU
George Clooney Reaction GIF

Last edited:

Coney

Why? Who doesn’t like more content in their games?
I'm all for more content in games, but it just seems like overkill at this point. Less is more. New characters used to feel like big events for Smash. I think it can make the meta and balancing a lot more unbalanced, too.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
This trailer was fucking amazing.

I love that they used his "throw guy off cliff" trope. I expected it was going to be a supercut of everyone being tossed like garbage.

Kirby was a nice touch.

Great work. Shame I gave my Switch away.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Fuck yeah. Kazuya's the shit. So glad it was him and not Heihachi or Jin.

He's the Chris Redfield of the series.

Nice remix in the trailer but God damn I'm gonna be upset if the original isn't included.

In fact, add as many tracks from Tekken 1 and 2 as much as possible cuz that was easily the series' high when it came to the music.

100 fucking percent. Pretty sure I still have this track on my iThings, imported on every device I've owned since that soundtrack existed. Did they ever update it with modern sounds and mastering?

Because I think that Nintendo characters are better and more relevant than the others.
Plus, Smash was conceived to be a Nintendo celebration. Imagine to have irrelevant characters like Snake in the same game as Mario. It is just absurd.

Last edited:

Kholinar

Banned
Because I think that Nintendo characters are better and more relevant than the others.
Plus, Smash was conceived to be a Nintendo celebration. Imagine to have irrelevant characters like Snake in the same game as Mario. It is just absurd.
You think Snake is irrelevant? That's one way to clue me in about your age range. But do go on and tell me how Snake is less relevant than Fire Emblem, lol.

Unknown?

You think Snake is irrelevant? That's one way to clue me in about your age range. But do go on and tell me how Snake is less relevant than Fire Emblem, lol.
I think he means in terms of Nintendo? Snake isn't a prevalent character on their systems.

Snake is irrelevant regarding Nintendo history.

And how I'm being twice older as you is relevant to this thread, american?

Nah, he literally stated that all Nintendo characters are uniformly more relevant than others, which is obviously untrue.
Of course, that in the context that Smash is a celebretion of Nintendo characters, this is true.
But you, conveniently, ignored this.

Last edited:

Kholinar

Banned
Of course, that in the context that Smash is a celebretion of Nintendo characters, this is true.
But you, conveniently, ignored this.
No, you literally said that 'Nintendo characters are more better and relevant than others,' leaving no nuance to differing interpretation. If you meant any different, you failed superbly to convey that. Unknown? Unknown? Gave you an out and now you're using it to jump from one inference to the next. Color me surprised. 🤦‍♂️

Snake is irrelevant regarding Nintendo history.
No, he isn't. There were like two MGS games on the NES, and one on the GameCube. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
No, you literally said that 'Nintendo characters are more better and relevant than others,' leaving no nuance to differing interpretation. If you meant any different, you failed superbly to convey that. Unknown? Unknown? Gave you an out and now you're using it to jump from one inference to the next. Color me surprised. 🤦‍♂️

No, he isn't. There were like two MGS games on the NES, and one on the GameCube. 🤦‍♂️
Uh? in the same post that I replied to you, I said that Smash was conceived to be a Nintendo celebration.

Plus, Fire Emblem has more games and sold more than Metal Gear on Nintendo consoles.

I do not know why Sony fanboys get angry with Nintendo success. It is not Nintendo fault if Sony doesn't have iconic characters like Mario.

And I was posting in good faith and you started to attacking me personally, american. Grow up.

Last edited:

Kholinar

Banned
Uh? in the same post that I replied to you, I said that Smash was conceived to be a Nintendo celebration.
Okay, let me break down to you your lies.

First, you said:

'Nintendo characters are more better and relevant than others.'

Then, after, you said:

Plus, Smash was conceived to be a Nintendo celebration.

The conjunctive adverb 'plus' implies that whatever you say after is only relevant in addition to what you had just said prior, not as justification.

If you wanted to say that Snake was irrelevant because Smash used to be primarily a Nintendo exhibit, then you should've worded your sentences better. English must be your second language.
And I was posting in good faith and you started to attacking me personally, american. Grow up.
I'm not American. Is anyone who dissents to your opinion an American? 🤦‍♂️

I do not know why Sony fanboys get angry with Nintendo success. It is not Nintendo fault if Sony doesn't have iconic characters as Mario.
And why does Sony live rent-free in Nintendo fanboys to the point they tack any perceived slight towards Sony, even if they haven't been mentioned at all in the discussion?
Plus, Fire Emblem has more games and sold more than Metal Gear on Nintendo consoles.
And Metal Gear games have more sales overall. So I think their inclusion in Smash Bros. is more warranted than Fire Emblem, lol.

Last edited:

Spidey Fan

Banned
Snake is officially dead, while fire emblem just got a new entry.

Unless Konami revives him, the dude is dead, just like splinter cell.

And he isn't relevant anymore in this generation, just like how sam fisher isnt.

Last edited:

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I just started using Kazuya. He's amazing. Just holding A will do his 10-hit combo, lol! I wooped my brother with him. My favorite DLC character thus far.

Top Bottom