• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Kevin Smith's Masters of the Universe: Revelation trailer

Nickolaidas

Jan 18, 2019
Cope and move on bruh. Series isn't for you. If it's shit it's shit you don't need to keep explaining yourself.
I did and had done so. If it wasn't for the shitty new trailer of the 2nd part of this shit show reminding me of its existence in the first place - and the thread getting bumped -, I wouldn't have bothered.

plushyp

Jul 21, 2016
I don't understand this current trend of reviving a dormant IP by handing it over to someone who dislikes it. How does that even make sense because the end product is something that 99% of old fans always dislike.

• Empathy
Reactions: CGiRanger

jason10mm

Feb 3, 2009
I don't understand this current trend of reviving a dormant IP by handing it over to someone who dislikes it. How does that even make sense because the end product is something that 99% of old fans always dislike.
Hate watching still counts 'cause you are still paying that subscription. The streaming model is quite different than broadcast, rental, or theatrical. IP mining to generate buzz is key, even if the product sucks.

This will eventually backfire because none of these shows have any legs so they gotta continue to produce, the back catalogue is worthless.

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
Jan 30, 2018
I watched it and liked it. But I've seen the videos that really DO leave out a ton and then I watched it for myself and saw how much the reviewers left out.

The show can be criticized but do so honestly... Don't leave out things that inherently change the story once you watch it.

You are just trying to find reasons to dismiss valid critique, mate. You have done this before and you aren't fooling anyone.

DeafTourette

Older than air but younger than the foundations of the earth
Apr 23, 2018
You are just trying to find reasons to dismiss valid critique, mate. You have done this before and you aren't fooling anyone.

Dude... I criticized it! In this very thread!

Teela came off like an entitled brat ... The king JUST list his son and all she could do was "why didn't you tell meeeeee?!?!?!!"

The story felt too truncated ... Like more story was there but they put in so much filler. I could have done without the cave episode... Or have it shorter and add in something else.

Teela's character was mostly unlikable but the rest were good... ESPECIALLY Orko! I loved his character arc... And it isn't finished! I knew he was coming back (like He-Man) and I'm here for it!

sol_bad

Jan 17, 2006
Hate watching still counts 'cause you are still paying that subscription. The streaming model is quite different than broadcast, rental, or theatrical. IP mining to generate buzz is key, even if the product sucks.

This will eventually backfire because none of these shows have any legs so they gotta continue to produce, the back catalogue is worthless.

The model isn't that different. Netflix cancels or renews shows based on viewership, not on subscription numbers. How can they base whether to cancel a show on actual subscription numbers? It doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Jan 18, 2019
Evil lynn takes the power sword from Skeletor like Cameron Diaz took the Mask from the mobster boss. And Skeletor is stupid enough to fall for it.

KILL. ME. NOW.

CGiRanger

Jun 23, 2017
Evil lynn takes the power sword from Skeletor like Cameron Diaz took the Mask from the mobster boss. And Skeletor is stupid enough to fall for it.

KILL. ME. NOW.
Yeah I've been hearing the reports and it sounds even worse than Part 1. Because basically:
He-Man again is barely there. Everyone has mommy/daddy issues. Skeletor gets pushed out for He-Vil-Lyn. And everyone cries about being a victim
This YouTube comment seems to sum up the writing perfectly:
He-man is a victim, Teela is a victim, evilyn, skeletor is a victim. When a culture exalts victimhood, everyone is a victim.

OmegaSupreme

basic bitch
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah I've been hearing the reports and it sounds even worse than Part 1. Because basically:
He-Man again is barely there. Everyone has mommy/daddy issues. Skeletor gets pushed out for He-Vil-Lyn. And everyone cries about being a victim
This YouTube comment seems to sum up the writing perfectly:
Sounds like atypical netflix programming.

Ulysses 31

Nov 24, 2013

If they're not exaggerating then

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Jan 1, 2017
Tennessee, USA
I just finished the latest episodes and it looks like my hopes for part 3 were true. :)

*** SPOILERS ***
The EVIL HORDE is definitely coming, and HORDAK should make his dark return! 🦇

Last edited:
Reactions: Stitch

Stitch

Nov 26, 2006
I just finished the latest episodes and it looks like my hopes for part 3 were true. :)

*** SPOILERS ***

yeah, but if part 3 is like 1&2 he will quickly be defeated by STRONG WOMAN

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Ailynn

Nickolaidas

Jan 18, 2019

*** SPOILERS ***

I wouldn't get excited. They'll probably butcher him like they did with Skeletor - turn him into an incompetent moron and have his ass handed to him by Catra or Shadow Weaver or something.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Stitch and Ailynn

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Jan 1, 2017
Tennessee, USA
I wouldn't get excited. They'll probably butcher him like they did with Skeletor - turn him into an incompetent moron and have his ass handed to him by Catra or Shadow Weaver or something.

You may be right. I was pretty disappointed with how they handled him in Princesses of Power. He was a mere shell of the force he's supposed to be. 😔

Reactions: Nickolaidas

Gandara

Jun 16, 2005
I first thought pics of Evil Lyn was someone trolling youtube until I saw it myself. The first 2 new episode seemed ok, but somewhere in the middle of the 3rd it goes south. How she got that way was horrible and cringy.

DeafTourette

Older than air but younger than the foundations of the earth
Apr 23, 2018
I enjoyed part 2 of the season! And skeletor has ALWAYS been an incompetent moron. This is nothing new.

The sorceress was killed. He-Man defeated skeletor. Duncan still lives. Teela still has her relationship with her dad whom she adores. And finally seems to be getting somewhere with Adam. Evilyn turned back from evil...

Some of y'all overreacted to everything

Nickolaidas

Jan 18, 2019
Watch as they bring in Adora and turn this into another She-Ra show.
I think due to licensing issues they can't use She-Ra - only Dreamworks can use her in TV Shows. They can only use the Horde as villains. Someone hypothesized that the reason Teela as the Sorceress got a 'pass' and can freely move around in Eternia (utterly ruining the lore in the process), was because they intend to have her play out the She-Ra 'role' when Hordak arrives.

I enjoyed part 2 of the season! And skeletor has ALWAYS been an incompetent moron. This is nothing new.
If you elevate everyone's IQ because you're supposedly making it more mature, it makes no sense to dumb down Skeletor. If every one of his minions can take him on and beat him, why the fuck is he leading a group where you can only elevate yourself through power? The reason Skeletor trusts Evil Lynn and powers down is stupid. Skeletor was never shown to be a horny dolt, and he would never give up the Power for a quickie - especially with someone he doesn't trust - and this series utterly ruins him for the purposes of the story, which is the epitomy of bad writing. Plus Evil Lynn goes through all that trouble to de-power him, when she can simply de-power him via her ability as the Sorceress. Yet she does the 'Fuck Me!' because we need to Game-of-Thrones this shit. It's stupid writing all-around.

Last edited: