• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickass Pumpkins mp4 bootleg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablos said:
Of COURSE you would :D :D :D
distantmantra has like a library of SP bootlegs!

Well yeah, after trading for 8 years with other fans over the web, you begin to amasse a good number of shows. I think I have 3 or 4 big Case Logic books full of boots, not sure exactly.

Doesn't Eye kick ass with a full band behind it? I was hoping they'd make a version of that a b-side at some point... My favorite performance of Eye is from the Halloween 1998 show when they opened for Kiss.

When I saw SP on 1.6.97 in Seattle at the Key Arena, we snuck into the soundcheck and heard the band messing around with some weird new song that turned out to TEITBITE. There is a recording of this available.

Diablos

Huh? It sounds excellent. It could be sold.

Besides, you don't want the mic having too much emphasis on Billy's voice. I have a few soundboard bootlegs where Billy's voice is louder than anything else, and it's not good at all... I hate to put him down, but his voice is way too whiny for the mic to be turned up all the way.

Diablos

Hmm, I think you're just putting down SP in general because you want to. It's excellent quality. And you really shouldn't assume that every SP bootleg is the same. They are probably one of the most bootlegged bands of all time; their bootlegs come from every source possible: audience, soundboard, FM broadcast mix, professional mixing/mastering, etc.

Malakhov

Banned
Putting down the SPs? lol I love the SPs, there are just below average bootlegs is all. Kind of disapointing too because the music sounded great but like I said, the vocals are too distant.

Edit: Also wtf, when did I mention all the bootlegs SPs sound like that? I'm talking about the first ones your posted in the thread.

Diablos

No problem.

If I had the money, I'd prolly put up a server and work with distantmantra to put up like every SP bootleg he had online. But I would prolly end up paying thousands of dollars a month for that. :D

Diablos said:
Hmm, I think you're just putting down SP in general because you want to. It's excellent quality. And you really shouldn't assume that every SP bootleg is the same. They are probably one of the most bootlegged bands of all time; their bootlegs come from every source possible: audience, soundboard, FM broadcast mix, professional mixing/mastering, etc.

There was one once, the SP Audio Archive run by Jeroen, some guy over in the Netherlands. After many glorious years, Virgin shut him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom