• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Tiu Neo

Finally got that CoM platinum (about 6h lost just grinding Riku, ugh).

KH... I really didn't remember a lot about it, heh. Liking the Gummy Missions a lot more here. Even the first few hours with Roxas weren't that bad, after playing CoM and Days.

Leon, Yuffie, Aerith and Cid's voices are... weird.

CoM really wasn't that difficult on proud. I had never played more than 20 minutes of it before and was able to get through it without much issue and I did everything on proud for the platinum. And before you play make sure you watch 358 days before because it unlocks stuff needed for trophies in com. I wanted to do everything in order so I started it and just turned my tv off and then watched it again after I beat com
Oh I know, I've completed it four times on the PS3, beginner and proud modes. I just hate having to play on a higher difficulty for trophies but I love working towards a platinum so what can I do *shrugs*

You know, I really like the plot regarding Organization XIII in Kingdom Hearts 2. The execution could've been better as well as the voice acting, but I really like their premise. If this was an anime I see the potential for something great.

Psxphile

You know, I really like the plot regarding Organization XIII in Kingdom Hearts 2. The execution could've been better as well as the voice acting, but I really like their premise. If this was an anime I see the potential for something great.

"Are they still in World that Never Was?"

Famassu

Org XIII was pretty great in CoM. The characters had bigger parts, there was some intriguing struggles/betrayals/shit going on between many of the Org XIII members and they weren't just obstacles for Sora (& Riku) to conquer. Pretty boring, mishandled and kind of shallow in a lot of ways in KHII for most of the remaining Org XIII except Axel. Most of them were just kind of there to be fought against.

Org XIII was pretty great in CoM. The characters had bigger parts, there was some intriguing struggles/betrayals/shit going on between many of the Org XIII members and they weren't just obstacles for Sora (& Riku) to conquer. Pretty boring, mishandled and kind of shallow in a lot of ways in KHII for most of the remaining Org XIII except Axel. Most of them were just kind of there to be fought against.
Yes they were basically fodder. But I like the characters themselves. If it was an anime, we'd probably see more exposition since a story has to be told.

Cranking through critical mode on KH2--hasn't been as bad as I thought except for a few select bosses. I just love how fast the battle system feels compared to KH1 and CoM.

Cranking through critical mode on KH2--hasn't been as bad as I thought except for a few select bosses. I just love how fast the battle system feels compared to KH1 and CoM.

Playing Critical was the best way to experience KHII. It hardly felt like a "You want tuff? Well, all enemies now do mega damage!" kind of difficulty jump since they make you overpowered from the get go :)

Mikey Jr.

Just wrapped up whatever trophies I wanted for Kingdom Hearts.

Beat all the secret bosses.
Dalmatians found.

Only stuff that I left was that synthesize all that garbage, and the gummi ship shit, plus some random trophies. My main mission was to use the trophies to see everything KH had to offer. I think I have. Thats what I use trophies for, as a guide. Just have to beat the game on proud, but thats for another day. I've never dived so deep into the first KH game, so I'm happy I did. Never fought Kurt Zisa, Phantom, unknown, Spehiroth, Ice Titan. Happy that I not only fought them, but beat each one. I t was kinda fun, and heart pounding.

On to COM, the game I have literally put less than 5 hours into. I don't envision myself spending too much time on the extras with this game.

Famassu

Just wrapped up whatever trophies I wanted for Kingdom Hearts.

Beat all the secret bosses.
Dalmatians found.

Only stuff that I left was that synthesize all that garbage, and the gummi ship shit, plus some random trophies. My main mission was to use the trophies to see everything KH had to offer. I think I have. Thats what I use trophies for, as a guide. Just have to beat the game on proud, but thats for another day. I've never dived so deep into the first KH game, so I'm happy I did. Never fought Kurt Zisa, Phantom, unknown, Spehiroth, Ice Titan. Happy that I not only fought them, but beat each one. I t was kinda fun, and heart pounding.

On to COM, the game I have literally put less than 5 hours into. I don't envision myself spending too much time on the extras with this game.
Not like there is much extra to CoM, really. There's the story campaign for both characters, horrible grind for 100% card collection & 99 levels and a few mini-games. That's about it as far as what CoM offers.

looking for any and all cheese methods for secret bosses in BBS for all characters. I was able to beat armor of eraqus with aqua after like an hour of trying. Getting absolutely obliterated by No Heart. Im level 61 with aqua, 63 with ven, and 74 with terra, should I be higher for the bosses? I really just want to be done with this fucking game. Ive put 189 hours into these first 3 playthroughs and am tripping the finish line. and then i get to do a playthrough again on critical!!

Are there any easy ways to do this shit without getting good

Edit: no heart down as aqua with the fabracadabra trick

Edit2: idunno, no heart seems impossible with Terra. My best strategy is blocking and countering non stop. but then he does his flying attack and double taps me and I literally cant do anything before im dead because one hit stuns you for long enough to be hit again. I guess ill grind and leave exp walker on till i hit 99 and see if that helps

deanote666

Gold Member
Just finished all the gummy trophies in KHII. Made my first doughnut ship and it's totally OP!

I somehow got S +10 rank on mission 3 in the dreadnought level!

Mikey Jr.

looking for any and all cheese methods for secret bosses in BBS for all characters. I was able to beat armor of eraqus with aqua after like an hour of trying. Getting absolutely obliterated by No Heart. Im level 61 with aqua, 63 with ven, and 74 with terra, should I be higher for the bosses? I really just want to be done with this fucking game. Ive put 189 hours into these first 3 playthroughs and am tripping the finish line. and then i get to do a playthrough again on critical!!

Are there any easy ways to do this shit without getting good

Edit: no heart down as aqua with the fabracadabra trick

Edit2: idunno, no heart seems impossible with Terra. My best strategy is blocking and countering non stop. but then he does his flying attack and double taps me and I literally cant do anything before im dead because one hit stuns you for long enough to be hit again. I guess ill grind and leave exp walker on till i hit 99 and see if that helps

Why didn't you do everything on the easiest playthrough?

I haven't gotten to bbs, but its what I did for KH1. I am not going to fight those bosses on proud.

I haven't gotten to bbs, but its what I did for KH1. I am not going to fight those bosses on proud.

im playing on standard.

This is by far the hardest KH game out of the collection imo. I did everything in CoM on proud, and everything in 2 on critical. And I cant even fumble through this on standard

One of my issues with BBS is the BS (heh) that the super bosses pull and their lack of good design.

You can find decent guides online, but it's almost always cheesing the boss fight.

For Vanitas Remnant, you can block his movement by getting a stone wall between the two of you, and then spam strike raid. Don't bring healing spells, because he'll then copy it.

For Mysterious Figure, I think one strat is to stack your deck with thunder surges and curagas. Hit him only with surges and Shotlock

One of my issues with BBS is the BS (heh) that the super bosses pull and their lack of good design.

You can find decent guides online, but it's almost always cheesing the boss fight.

For Vanitas Remnant, you can block his movement by getting a stone wall between the two of you, and then spam strike raid. Don't bring healing spells, because he'll then copy it.

For Mysterious Figure, I think one strat is to stack your deck with thunder surges and curagas. Hit him only with surges and Shotlock

do you know who is usually considered the toughest out of remnant, mysterious, armor of eraqus, and No Heart?

Eraqus has a very easy to follow pattern when you know it, and he provides a lot of openings too. It's just a long battle because you're pretty much just chipping away at his health for a while.

I would reckon No Heart is the harder of the two, but you really just need to keep your distance with him. I abused the ultimate shotlocks and I think would thunder surge into him and then run away. An elixir or two is definitely needed due to a certain move that will drain your health and commands and you can't get to the safe spot.

Mikey Jr.

So essentially what you guys are saying is that for my first playthrough through BBS, play on easy if I want to do everything? Not missing out on anything by playing on easy, right?

Played on easy on KH and did the speedrun first, and I could still watch both secret movies in the theater option. Thought those were locked out on easy unless you did a bunch of extra shit.

MAtgS

Honestly, one of the main things that bothers me in Kingdom Hearts and all its nonsense of a plot is what the hell is Chernabog doing in End of the World in KH1?
Rumors has it he was intended to be the final boss before they came up with Ansem. Whatever back story he would've had might still be canon albeit unstated.

So essentially what you guys are saying is that for my first playthrough through BBS, play on easy if I want to do everything? Not missing out on anything by playing on easy, right?

Played on easy on KH and did the speedrun first, and I could still watch both secret movies in the theater option. Thought those were locked out on easy unless you did a bunch of extra shit.

KH's secret movies are unlocked because you redownloaded every cutscene thanks to the DLC. They didn't attach the additional files to the pre-existing ones so they're all available right from the start.

LycanXIII

For BBS, there's the Secret Episode to unlock. This is from KHWiki:

Beginner Mode - Accessible, the exact conditions are undisclosed.
Standard Mode - Complete the Sticker Album with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus and obtain the Keyslinger trophy.
Proud Mode - Complete the Sticker Album with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.
Critical Mode - Complete the Final Episode.

Psxphile

Rumors has it he was intended to be the final boss before they came up with Ansem. Whatever back story he would've had might still be canon albeit unstated.

First I've heard of that. Maleficent was the one meant to be the game's ultimate antagonist until the Gooch gave Nomura some sound advice.

Mikey Jr.

For BBS, there's the Secret Episode to unlock. This is from KHWiki:

Beginner Mode - Accessible, the exact conditions are undisclosed.
Standard Mode - Complete the Sticker Album with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus and obtain the Keyslinger trophy.
Proud Mode - Complete the Sticker Album with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.
Critical Mode - Complete the Final Episode.

The secret episode is a movie, or is it an actual gameplay sequence?

wtf is happening. Im fighting mysterious figure with ven. Its the last thing I have to do. Already fought him as the other two and didnt really have any problem at all. He actually seemed like one of the easier final bosses. But now when Im playing as ven hes casting his countdown shit on me over and over again and its impossible to survive. I dont understand what I could do to beat that. It just seems like complete luck on what he decides to use

Edit: so apparently if u have something like thunder roll on, it makes him cast doom like crazy

xviper

i just finished Ven story in Birth by sleep, are Aqua and Terrra story different or the same ? should i play them ??

i played Ven on Standard, if i played Terra and Aqua on different difficulty, do i still get to unlock the final level ?? and is the final level just a cutscene or is it gameplay and a final boss ??

thats crazy, how would someone figure out that thunder roll makes mysterious figure cast doom over and over again lol. Took it off and beat him the first time easily.

So thats a wrap for my 100% playthrough. The 3 characters, final episode, and secret episode took me over 200 hours. about 35 of that was grinding with either exp walker or mega flare method.

And now to play through it all again on critical

Mikey Jr.

Why do I have to fight vexen twice!?!?

Edit: Finally beat him.

Ohh Jesus. Castle oblivion level is literally 50 rooms. Someone kill me.

These games have taken a toll on my controller lol. Its a launch one. Sticks have started to finally peel, and the x button no longer has any spring to it. It just kinda sits in there and I barely have to touch it for it to register as a press

Mikey Jr.

Just started Riku campaign in chain of memories. My God, this is infinitely more fun. No idea what it is, but I'm enjoying it much much more. I think it's a combination of a few things. Firstly, I don't have to dick around building decks. What I get is what I get.

Secondly, a lot of extras are stripped out. No magic, no summons, no other cards.

Lastly, the story feels way more interesting. Riku is a much better character here. I'm only a few hours in, so something could change, but yeah. So far this is really really good. I can mash 95% of the time, and I get by fine. Its great. Playing on beginner too.

Opa-Pa

So you guys, I apologize if this gets asked too often, but I'm interested in getting this collection but I'm a bit lost, I remember people saying this kept bugs from the PS3 collections or something and I think it added new ones? Did all that ever get addressed?

I used to be really into this series when I was a teenager but after playing some of whatever/Days and most of BBS I got a bit overwhelmed with so many games on different platforms and just gave up.

KH3 looks genuinely good though so I'd love to catch up!

NullKaze

So you guys, I apologize if this gets asked too often, but I'm interested in getting this collection but I'm a bit lost, I remember people saying this kept bugs from the PS3 collections or something and I think it added new ones? Did all that ever get addressed?

I used to be really into this series when I was a teenager but after playing some of whatever/Days and most of BBS I got a bit overwhelmed with so many games on different platforms and just gave up.

The PS4 collections have essentially fixed all the bugs that the PS3 and the 60fps framerate introduced.

The only things left are relatively minor issues (audio bugs) and very high-level gameplay errors (speedrunning strats).

Lnds500

Most important ones have been fixed.

the original release had some issues but most if not all the problems have been fixed with patches

they are totally fine now so feel free to pick them up

Opa-Pa

Thanks a lot for the quick replies everyone! Looks like I'll be picking this up then. Looking forward to come back here once I revisit KH1.

do you know who is usually considered the toughest out of remnant, mysterious, armor of eraqus, and No Heart?
Mysterious Figure/YX is absolutely the toughest and most aggressive, followed by Vanitas's Remnant (though he's cheesable). The basic stats on the Arena superbosses are much, much more forgiving (but they're also much better designed).

LycanXIII

Just started Riku campaign in chain of memories. My God, this is infinitely more fun. No idea what it is, but I'm enjoying it much much more. I think it's a combination of a few things. Firstly, I don't have to dick around building decks. What I get is what I get.

Secondly, a lot of extras are stripped out. No magic, no summons, no other cards.

Lastly, the story feels way more interesting. Riku is a much better character here. I'm only a few hours in, so something could change, but yeah. So far this is really really good. I can mash 95% of the time, and I get by fine. Its great. Playing on beginner too.

Riku is a better character in everything. He's the real hero of the series, always having to save Sora's ass.

wow vens final fights were ridiculously difficult on critical. I pretty much had to stock on ethers and flame salvo the first fight the entire time. Couldnt even figure out a way to hit him without doing that. The second form was difficult, but an easy pattern to get used to. Then the final form killed me twice.

At the end of my critical playthroughs its been asking me to make a save file for the final episode after I beat terras and vens. Is this going to cause a problem for the critical trophy? Does it matter ultimately which final episode save file I pick? I will probably just do the one thats made after I beat Aquas.

Psxphile

wow vens final fights were ridiculously difficult on critical. I pretty much had to stock on ethers and flame salvo the first fight the entire time. Couldnt even figure out a way to hit him without doing that. The second form was difficult, but an easy pattern to get used to. Then the final form killed me twice.

At the end of my critical playthroughs its been asking me to make a save file for the final episode after I beat terras and vens. Is this going to cause a problem for the critical trophy? Does it matter ultimately which final episode save file I pick? I will probably just do the one thats made after I beat Aquas.

Isn't that final save just a clear flag? Shouldn't matter if you overwrite your normal save with it. Sounds like you're saying you made it a separate save, though... but I believe the system knows how to differentiate: it'll look for the saves it needs with the clear flags and only use those when needed i.e. when it's time to unlock Final/Secret Episodes. And, when that time comes the game makes the effort to tell you to make them their own save and to not overwrite the Terra/Ventus/Aqua saves.

Isn't that final save just a clear flag? Shouldn't matter if you overwrite your normal save with it. Sounds like you're saying you made it a separate save, though... but I believe the system knows how to differentiate: it'll look for the saves it needs with the clear flags and only use those when needed i.e. when it's time to unlock Final/Secret Episodes. And, when that time comes the game makes the effort to tell you to make them their own save and to not overwrite the Terra/Ventus/Aqua saves.

I already played through the whole game on standard and did everything. But now I am playing on critical. Its creating a final episode save after Terra and Ven because it already knows I beat the game on standard as Aqua I guess. Which I am playing through right now on critical

Top Bottom