• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

The complexity of the level design was pretty great in HB, but TWTNW still holds a special place at the top of KH worlds to me because of the atmosphere and gravitas it had.

HB felt clunky from a thematic sense, not really being convincing of people once having lived there, and I still have no idea why the castle sits on top of water the way it does.

TWTNW felt way more in line with what the theme of it was - a world in between existence and non existence. The music was excellent at invoking a sense of emptiness and threat, and it really felt like an endgame kind of world.

In KH2, didn't they only explore the basement of the castle? I think that's why the justified only having the basement corridors, and then fleshing out what was outside of the castle
I like that - as far as I can tell - TWTNW is supposed to be an artificial world (a mechanical one without a heart) that Xemnas built in the space between the 'real' worlds.

For basic atmosphere and gravitas, it's good, but the Keyblade Graveyard definitely has it beat.

is mirage arena supposed to be ridiculously difficult on normal in bbs? Im almost level 70 and getting my ass handed to me on 4 star arenas. Been stuck on Keepers of the arena for hours. Just been grinding 5 levels or so in between attempts and have been making almost no progress at all. Gotten to the final boss once, and he locked me in place with his spin attack and killed me in seconds.

is mirage arena supposed to be ridiculously difficult on normal in bbs? Im almost level 70 and getting my ass handed to me on 4 star arenas. Been stuck on Keepers of the arena for hours. Just been grinding 5 levels or so in between attempts and have been making almost no progress at all. Gotten to the final boss once, and he locked me in place with his spin attack and killed me in seconds.

I just beat it on Critical the other day. Level 45. Make sure you have most abilities (especially Once More, Second Chance and Leaf Bracer). You don't need nukes as there are no regular mobs but I really recommend Firaga since it stuns Iron Prisoners (except for IV) really reliably. If you are Terra Sonic Blade and Ars Arcanum are really helpful too. High count Shotlocks are a must.

Basically Iron Prisoners are your biggest hurdles with III (in my opinion) being by far the hardest as he has a relentless combo of attacks with barely any pauses. IV is easier simply because he has a really weak and rather unimpressive desperation attack which uses the stage as a weapon but it is so easily dodgeable that you will be able to heal and blast him with shotlocks very consistenly.

Also, be sure not to stand too far away from Ice Titan as his icicles are a bitch.

Just beat Terra's story (first of the three). Do I have to keep the difficulty the same for the next two characters? It's giving me the prompt to select my difficulty but I don't know if changing it from what I had done with Terra will affect anything.

Also I'm kind of bummed that all of the progress (command deck wise) I made on Terra will go away when I start Ven. It's kind of part of the reason why I was thinking of changing to Beginner just so I could breeze through and enjoy the story now that I've had my fill of the combat (which is great!). Also, which are Ven's most effective commands? Which ones can I use to just cheese fights lol

Just beat Terra's story (first of the three). Do I have to keep the difficulty the same for the next two characters? It's giving me the prompt to select my difficulty but I don't know if changing it from what I had done with Terra will affect anything.

Also I'm kind of bummed that all of the progress (command deck wise) I made on Terra will go away when I start Ven. It's kind of part of the reason why I was thinking of changing to Beginner just so I could breeze through and enjoy the story now that I've had my fill of the combat (which is great!). Also, which are Ven's most effective commands? Which ones can I use to just cheese fights lol

You need to keep the same difficulty in order to complete the game because there is a
final chapter
only unlocked by beating all chapters. Zero Gravity+Magnet+Nukes (Like Megaflare) usually trivialize a lot of fights.

-----

I have a definite sound glitch on my copy. Out of no reason the game volume increases and everything sounds like it's "shrieking", like if you turn the volume over 100% in VLC media player. This happens on my BBS playthrough and my friend's KH1 playthrough. No other game does it.

Barbosa was such an annoying fight on critical because jack would take two hits and die and cause a gam over. Honestly felt like luck whether he'd survive long enough to kill the boss.

Is DDD a good game despite the storyx complaints? It's the one game I never played on the original platform before the remaster.

Whew just beat KH1 with unchanging armor/speedster/no continues used. The kingdom key is such a piece of junk at the end that it made the final battles way more stressful than they should have been.

So is ReChain of memories worth playing? The game so far just isn't clicking with me. Idk why they didn't just remove the whole card system with the remasters....
Anyways, is it worth it for the story or should I just download the Theater DLC and watch it there?

Edit: you telling me I have to beat the game to see the cutscenes for a dlc I downloaded -_- eh fuck re chain. I'll play something else and maybe I'll come back to this. I don't feel like investing so much time.
Unless its relatively short like KH. Beat that in 20 with most tourneys finished but no synthesising.

So is ReChain of memories worth playing? The game so far just isn't clicking with me. Idk why they didn't just remove the whole card system with the remasters....
Anyways, is it worth it for the story or should I just download the Theater DLC and watch it there?

Edit: you telling me I have to beat the game to see the cutscenes for a dlc I downloaded -_- eh fuck re chain. I'll play something else and maybe I'll come back to this. I don't feel like investing so much time.
Unless its relatively short like KH. Beat that in 20 with most tourneys finished but no synthesising.

For CoM to be worth playing you NEED to be invested in the battle system. For a lot of players the system clicks right away and they enjoy the deck building and the "make your own dungeon" shtick. For others, it never does and they feel the game is a slog.

The fact is that CoM does have a really decently realized story (which is worth going through if you like the gameplay) but the problem is that literally anything of importance happens in between floors. The Disney worlds themselves regurgitate the stories from KH1 in an extremely barebones way with literally nothing new or of note happening. They are worth skipping completely.

In short, if you like the gameplay the game is absolutely worth going through for the story and boss fights between foors. If not, you can safely look through the cutscenes and it won't really take that much time at all.

Hey all

Sorry if this has been talked about or answered earlier in the thread but has the frame pacing issues been solved yet? Just got a Pro and looking to catch up on before KH3 arrives

Hey all

Sorry if this has been talked about or answered earlier in the thread but has the frame pacing issues been solved yet? Just got a Pro and looking to catch up on before KH3 arrives

This collection doesn't have frame pacing issues, 2.8 does (0.2 part on regular PS4 at least to be exact).

BasilZero

Hello

Have a question

At any point is there any blocked scenes in the game preventing you from recording or taking screenshots?

Hello

Have a question

At any point is there any blocked scenes in the game preventing you from recording or taking screenshots?

That's a good question. In our combined playthroughs of BBS and KH1 (some 50ish hours) me and the roommate never noticed the "can't record" message. I haven't checked all of the collection to be sure though. I guess if anything will give you trouble it's the intro cutscenes as they contain copyrighted music. But I feel that's more of a Youtube problem than a PS4 sharing one.

BasilZero

That's a good question. In our combined playthroughs of BBS and KH1 (some 50ish hours) me and the roommate never noticed the "can't record" message. I haven't checked all of the collection to be sure though. I guess if anything will give you trouble it's the intro cutscenes as they contain copyrighted music. But I feel that's more of a Youtube problem than a PS4 sharing one.

Yeah aware of the music

Just hope I can record regular footage ;p

Thanks for the response!

Planning to buy the game, will be triple dipping since I have all of the OG versions and the PS3 remaster.

Yeah aware of the music

Just hope I can record regular footage ;p

Thanks for the response!

Planning to buy the game, will be triple dipping since I have all of the OG versions and the PS3 remaster.

The only time I noticed it was during the movies. Everything else should be fine. If you have 2.8, I got a can't record message during the last section of 0.2 till the end of the game though.

BasilZero

None of the movies allow them, and maybe the secret episode of BBS. not entirely sure on that one.

Ooooh okay.

Thats fine - KH1, KHCOM, KH2, and KHBBS are the highlights for me either ways ;)

Now I know this might not be the right topic to ask....but how is KH 2.8? Is 3D and 0.2 okay?

The only time I noticed it was during the movies. Everything else should be fine. If you have 2.8, I got a can't record message during the last section of 0.2 till the end of the game though.

Oooh okay - so kinda like FFType-0 HD where a min of the beginning and a scene in the end was cut off.

Ooooh okay.

Thats fine - KH1, KHCOM, KH2, and KHBBS are the highlights for me either ways ;)

Now I know this might not be the right topic to ask....but how is KH 2.8? Is 3D and 0.2 okay?

Oooh okay - so kinda like FFType-0 HD where a min of the beginning and a scene in the end was cut off.

3D is enjoyable, but one of the weaker entries in the series. The Disney worlds are unfortunately forgettable, the story is an important one but gets a little nonsensical near the end, even by KH standards, and the dream eaters aren't a good replacement to party members.

The gameplay is good, though, especially since this was originally a 3DS game. Flowmotion tends to break the gameplay often, though.

0.2 is terrific for a taste of what 3 can be :] there are challenges and critical difficulty to help you get more enjoyment out of the game.

Overall, the purchase of the bundle is required in order to get the most out of 3's upcoming story, but I think this bundle should have cost $30 USD, and no more, for what you get in it

BasilZero

3D is enjoyable, but one of the weaker entries in the series. The Disney worlds are unfortunately forgettable, the story is an important one but gets a little nonsensical near the end, even by KH standards, and the dream eaters aren't a good replacement to party members.

The gameplay is good, though, especially since this was originally a 3DS game. Flowmotion tends to break the gameplay often, though.

0.2 is terrific for a taste of what 3 can be :] there are challenges and critical difficulty to help you get more enjoyment out of the game.

Overall, the purchase of the bundle is required in order to get the most out of 3's upcoming story, but I think this bundle should have cost $30 USD, and no more, for what you get in it

Oh ya, I have no doubt I'll get it.

I already finished 3D on the 3DS last year and really enjoyed it.

Right now both 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 are $40 but I'm gonna wait for it to be a bit more cheaper since this will be my third time double dipping on KH1, 2, COM, BBS and double dipping on 3D.

wow BBS is easily the worst platinum in the collection, this is so grindy. I really wish I had started on critical now. I am at 65 hours and am still on my first playthrough as Terra. And I am just now getting to the command section of the reports which I only have 147/201

dickroach

so I started Chain of Memories, beat Traverse Town, and... this game kinda sucks

can I skip ahead to KH2 without missing much?

so I started Chain of Memories, beat Traverse Town, and... this game kinda sucks

can I skip ahead to KH2 without missing much?
We're at the same spot lol
I already played KH2 years ago but I really want to see what happened at castle oblivion. I'm slowly chipping away at it. From what I can tell, you can basically skip cutscenes from the Disney worlds since they're just rehashes. All the major story stuff happens at castle oblivion I think.

dickroach

We're at the same spot lol
I already played KH2 years ago but I really want to see what happened at castle oblivion. I'm slowly chipping away at it. From what I can tell, you can basically skip cutscenes from the Disney worlds since they're just rehashes. All the major story stuff happens at castle oblivion I think.

how are you dealing with the battle system? I'm just mashing X, summoning a character when they pop up and healing when I need to. I feel like it's supposed to be the interesting, deep tactical battle system, but i'm not seeing it

Mikey Jr.

Whew just beat KH1 with unchanging armor/speedster/no continues used. The kingdom key is such a piece of junk at the end that it made the final battles way more stressful than they should have been.

On beginner?

Because thats where I'm starting on first time.

Also, what is skippable?

Atlantica or Halloween town, right?
Is colosseum skippable? I remember something like that......

dickroach

On beginner?

Because thats where I'm starting on first time.

Also, what is skippable?

Atlantica or Halloween town, right?
Is colosseum skippable? I remember something like that......

when the branch splits on the map and you can go to Halloween Town or Atlantica, fly to Halloween Town to open it, you don't have to go into it, and then just fly to Atlantica and carry on
I remember reading that on a walkthru when I was playing through the game last week

Oh ya, I have no doubt I'll get it.

I already finished 3D on the 3DS last year and really enjoyed it.

Right now both 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 are $40 but I'm gonna wait for it to be a bit more cheaper since this will be my third time double dipping on KH1, 2, COM, BBS and double dipping on 3D.

Ah, okay, then if you liked 3D, then you're good :)

Hope it comes down in price for you sooner rather than later.

wow BBS is easily the worst platinum in the collection, this is so grindy. I really wish I had started on critical now. I am at 65 hours and am still on my first playthrough as Terra. And I am just now getting to the command section of the reports which I only have 147/201

I'm having similar thoughts about playing on critical... But we can get every other trophy on Proud, right? Don't want to play the super bosses on critical, since they look so broken :/

I'm having similar thoughts about playing on critical... But we can get every other trophy on Proud, right? Don't want to play the super bosses on critical, since they look so broken :/

im just playing on standard. If you do critical after, you will unlock the proud trophy anyway. So theres not really a reason to play proud and have it be more difficult. I am actually finding it to be pretty difficult on normal at some times. The whole command system was really difficult for me to grasp.

You should be able to get every trophy besides the one for critical and proud if u play on standard

im just playing on standard. If you do critical after, you will unlock the proud trophy anyway. So theres not really a reason to play proud and have it be more difficult. I am actually finding it to be pretty difficult on normal at some times. The whole command system was really difficult for me to grasp.

You should be able to get every trophy besides the one for critical and proud if u play on standard

Yeah, you probably can on standard, too. I went proud since I like the heightened difficulty, but critical just seems broken and frustrating in bbs.

Command system takes a lot of getting used to and tinkering once you start understanding it :/ sometimes, I'll get a message saying I unlocked something, and I have to stop and think "Was that a Shotlock, command style, finisher, or none of the above?"

Anyone got a guide for the gummi ship missions in KH1? That's literally the only hurdle I have to clear for the platinum. Speed run and unchanging equipment is easy.

Anyone got a guide for the gummi ship missions in KH1? That's literally the only hurdle I have to clear for the platinum. Speed run and unchanging equipment is easy.

I'm sure there are general guides on GameFaqs or PS Trophies or something, but were you wondering about something specific?

Most difficult gummi trophy was for clearing a level 3 mission, I think, and an easy solution was the path between Traverse and Olympus. Load the gummi up with lasers and blast away

Mediking

Finally got this a few days ago.

This is a beefy collection!

KH2 starts off so weird. I like it.

Hope we get that for KH3.

Roxas is actually cool...

Famassu

Nomura has said that KHIII will have some kind of surprising intro. I don't think we are going to jump straight into Sora going to Olympus.

I'm sure there are general guides on GameFaqs or PS Trophies or something, but were you wondering about something specific?

Most difficult gummi trophy was for clearing a level 3 mission, I think, and an easy solution was the path between Traverse and Olympus. Load the gummi up with lasers and blast away
Holy shit I don't have to do all gummi ship missions in KH1?? I'm looking at the trophy list again and it seems like I don't have to.

Ive been following a ton of guides, but am kinda confused over mirage arena in bbs. I have 3 fights in the report section that are blank. I have only played the game as Terra so far. I know there is a 1 star mission called wheel of misfortune, which I need to beat aquas story to unlock. There is a 4star mission called A time to chill(which I think is unlocked by just beating olympus colliseum as aqua).

My question is what is this 3rd one that I am missing? I cannot find any info on it. On all the lists im seeing, its just those two I mentioned listed that I havent already beaten. I am level 27 in arena btw if it matters. But as of right now I dont have any other way to level up. And I already have the trophies for beating 2 star, 3 star, keepers of the arena, and villains vendetta.

Holy shit I don't have to do all gummi ship missions in KH1?? I'm looking at the trophy list again and it seems like I don't have to.

yeah they changed it from the ps3 version. On PS3 you had to do all of them and it was a nightmare, its much easier on the ps4 version. I am very surprised they changed that

Ive been following a ton of guides, but am kinda confused over mirage arena in bbs. I have 3 fights in the report section that are blank. I have only played the game as Terra so far. I know there is a 1 star mission called wheel of misfortune, which I need to beat aquas story to unlock. There is a 4star mission called A time to chill(which I think is unlocked by just beating olympus colliseum as aqua).

My question is what is this 3rd one that I am missing? I cannot find any info on it. On all the lists im seeing, its just those two I mentioned listed that I havent already beaten. I am level 27 in arena btw if it matters. But as of right now I dont have any other way to level up. And I already have the trophies for beating 2 star, 3 star, keepers of the arena, and villains vendetta.

I'm the same. Beat Terra's story with pretty much everything (that can be) completed also at level 27 Mirage Arena. I checked all of the Rumble Races, Command Boards (beat all of them just to be sure) and the secret tickets. There is definitely no way to reach lvl 28 in the first playthrough
and sadly no way to fight Master's Armor at this point of the campaign.
However, the way we get one more level is by beating the lvl28 I think. So that means the 2 we get from the other two campaigns + 1 level for beating
Master's Armor

Top Bottom