• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Man, I've been waiting a long time for this. So excited.

I know one of the big ones was Xigbar's guns.
Comparison here

Xiggy actually does have his sniper rifle in 2.5. The scope is still changed.

Other cesored stuff include changing guns to crossbows in Pirates World, Will Turner pointing the gun to his head, Hydra blood,
Axel sacrificing himself has flames removed from his body
From the top of my head.

Xiggy actually does have his sniper rifle in 2.5. The scope is still changed.

Other cesored stuff include changing guns to crossbows in Pirates World, Will Turner pointing the gun to his head, Hydra blood,
Axel sacrificing himself has flames removed from his body
From the top of my head.

Braigs snipers in BBS and the evil queen in Dearf Woodlands channeling her emotions into the mirror(later changed to her throwing a potion bottle)

Great OT!!!

Question: What is that censor thing you talk about? Which one are censored?

They censored both games when they localized it to the west and it's the case with this rerelease too. Quite minor stuff in the end tho.

I'm probably the only one who will watch Coded first :lol. Can't be worse than Days ''movie'' was.

Holmes

I'll "watch" Coded first (skip cutscenes) for the trophies, but honestly I can't really be bothered. Pointless addition to the series.

Agh, I look forward to this tomorrow, but I probably won't start it for a while. Way too many effing games right now and next year is going to murder me!

They censored both games when they localized it to the west and it's the case with this rerelease too. Quite minor stuff in the end tho.

I'm probably the only one who will watch Coded first :lol. Can't be worse than Days ''movie'' was.
Coded is marginally more entertaining to watch, if only for the brief combat scenes, and actual interactions with Disney/FF characters, both of which Days had none of. I mean, it's still a pointless plot outside of the new secret scenes, but, yeah.

Looking at the trophies... doesn't seem too tough. But frekin gummi ship trophies... godammit. Are they as hard to get as in kh 1.5?

Coded is marginally more entertaining to watch, if only for the brief combat scenes, and actual interactions with Disney/FF character, both of which Days had none of. I mean, it's still a pointless plot outside of the new secret scenes, but, yeah.

Coded has James Woods too tho (I hope!)

LeonSPBR

Thanks OP for the avatars, and a question. Is there any chance for a digital release of this game and the 1.5 or SE don't plan to launch this game in digital form?

SerTapTap

I had no idea Recoded/Days were movies only (fortunately I didn't but these for them...). Do I have to actually read the text? It's like cutscenes from a mobile game?

I know the title is referencing the AW scene, but how does it fit into KH? Can someone fill me in?

I figured it was a reference to (KH2 spoiler)
Axel
which I'd rather not be reminded of

I know the title is referencing the AW scene, but how does it fit into KH? Can someone fill me in?

You press triangle to do everything in KH2.

Is there any chance for a digital release of this game and the 1.5 or SE don't plan to launch this game in digital form?
No chance. Unless it gets a next gen port and they have no choice.

Kinsei

Banned
I hope I can complete Sora's Journal in RE: CoM by tomorrow. I can't wait to jump into KH2FM on critical again.

Eblo

I personally prefer Coded as a nonplayable movie. The story isn't worth the unexpected gameplay changes to the series.

Thanks OP for the avatars, and a question. Is there any chance for a digital release of this game and the 1.5 or SE don't plan to launch this game in digital form?
Licensing issues for Utada's music is the likely culprit for a lack of digital releases for the series (IIRC, a digital release would require a new contract to be negotiated to use the songs)

Saladinoo

Pumped. Loved KHI back in the day and the remaster.

HOWEVER - I can't get into chain of memories - anyone know of a good synopsis / youtube cutscene collection so I can catch up before I start playing through II.5?

Seda

Man, I am really tempted to get this, but then I remember I didn't play much of 1.5, and I'd much rather play this on a potential next gen port.

Release this on Xbox 360 or Xbox One.

Please and thank you.

Alright, let me nip this in the bud here. I understand the eagerness to play a game on other consoles, but let's keep it out of the OT, thanks. It is textbook port-whining.

Pappasman

Pretty excited to pick this up. I played KH1 for the first time with 1.5 and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to going through 2 and BBS for the first time as well.

Birth by Sleep is SOOOOOOO good. This collection is worth it just for that. If I didn't already play KH2 and KH2 FM on my ps2 and BBS and BBS FM on my psp I would've preordered this day one. Will eventually buy though to get hype for KH3

Alright, let me nip this in the bud here. I understand the eagerness to play a game on other consoles, but let's keep it out of the OT, thanks. It is textbook port-whining.

Seda - just to check, is discussion of what might or might not happen with DDD acceptable?

Q: Do the difficulty trophies stack? Any missable trophies I should be worried about?
A: Yes. Every trophy can be gained on a single playtrough if you play on critical mode. There are no missable trophies outside of the difficulty ones.
Hallelujah!!!

LeonSPBR

Licensing issues for Utada's music is the likely culprit for a lack of digital releases for the series (IIRC, a digital release would require a new contract to be negotiated to use the songs)

Damn, that's sad. Wishing so much for a digital for the KH series...

Tsunamo

Great work on the OT Frank! (also the subheading choice)

I'll have to wait awhile to play this in English due to money issues, but i've had my fair share of fun with the Japanese version. I envy the folks that get to play Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix and Birth By Sleep for the first time in this collection.

Seda

Seda - just to check, is discussion of what might or might not happen with DDD acceptable?

Yeah that's fine. Just trying to avoid thread dump posts from people who aren't actually interested in this release. Doubt it'll be an issue when people start posting impressions and such though.

Do we know if the BBS Critical difficulty trophy requires you to clear all three campaigns on Critical, or just one of them?

botty

Banned
Great job, Frank.

;( The best game in the series, KH2, is finally here. My favorite game of all time.

The intro has yet to be topped
The story is still the pinnacle
Ven sucks.
qVRg2.gif

Top Bottom