• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Productions Receives Sam Lake and Kim Hyung Tae of “Stellar Blade”

Draugoth

Gold Member
GKT20AGbIAAhZ04
GKS5ZIRbUAAS3vc

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Is this some sort of strange games industry pilgrimage, to go chat with kojima and get a selfie with the Ludens?
it's great, kind of the old guard reminding the world that the proper developers still exist. (I know people hate neil, sure that's fine, can't say his games weren't good though, U2, U4, TLOU and p2 kinda being the only iffy one)

RickSanchez

Hopefully he doesn't catch the pretentious hack virus from these 3 gentlemen.

Wait, who's the pretentious hack ? apart from maybe Neil Druckman. Sam Lake makes good games man. Alan Wake 2, despite whatever left propaganda it carried, was overall a good gaming experience.

GymWolf

Wait, who's the pretentious hack ? apart from maybe Neil Druckman. Sam Lake makes good games man. Alan Wake 2, despite whatever left propaganda it carried, was overall a good gaming experience.
Last game i liked from lake was control, aw2 was too much fart sniffing for my taste.

And we lost kojima since mgs3, mgs5 gameplay was good but it was not a good mgs game and the plot was trash, ds gave me pubic lices.

You can disagree of course, that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa

mdkirby

it's great, kind of the old guard reminding the world that the proper developers still exist. (I know people hate neil, sure that's fine, can't say his games weren't good though, U2, U4, TLOU and p2 kinda being the only iffy one)
I like Neil’s games, I never even found them overly woke. Sure they had diverse characters, but so does humanity. It didn’t feel fake and forced imo vs for example Spider-Man 2.

I even liked Abby, preferred her to Ellie who I hated by the end. That was the point tho, to take you on a journey as the characters evolved.

StueyDuck

I like Neil’s games, I never even found them overly woke. Sure they had diverse characters, but so does humanity. It didn’t feel fake and forced imo vs for example Spider-Man 2.

I even liked Abby, preferred her to Ellie who I hated by the end. That was the point tho, to take you on a journey as the characters evolved.
i totally agree, but there's a hate boner on here for him and I just wanted to say if people feel that way that's totally fine and besides the point from what I was trying to say.

overall Kojima seems to attract true artists, so I think that's pretty cool. you don't see that woman who refuses to hire white people in her dev studio visiting Kojima anytime soon.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Sweet baby got involved, race changed Saga from a white swedish lady to a black american lady and there was that line about "another white asshole telling me what to do".
Does that sentence align with the canon of the game?
Does the protagonist undergo character development, in which such a sentence could potentially play a crucial role in illustrating a maturation process?

I haven't played the game, but I could imagine that this sentence might be taken out of context and emphasized. For instance, if at the beginning the protagonist exhibits racist tendencies and refuses to collaborate with white individuals, but over the course of the story, a partnership/friendship/close bond develops, and by the end of the game, the protagonist wouldn't utter such a statement, it would follow a rather standard character arc. However, in this context, such a statement would make sense.

However, if the protagonist merely utters this sentence because the story deems it fashionable for a PoC protagonist to exhibit racist tendencies towards white individuals, then it's utterly nonsensical. Racism is racism, in all directions.
Creating the impression that it's acceptable to legitimize racism in a particular direction is sacrilegious and wrong.

mdkirby

i totally agree, but there's a hate boner on here for him and I just wanted to say if people feel that way that's totally fine and besides the point from what I was trying to say.

overall Kojima seems to attract true artists, so I think that's pretty cool. you don't see that woman who refuses to hire white people in her dev studio visiting Kojima anytime soon.
Hahaha for sure. And yeah kojima’s great. Death stranding is probably my most memorable and impactful gaming experience in at least the last decade. Definitely helped by playing it during lockdown early in the pandemic, where I had Amazon etc showing up every day. It helped it punch much harder…I increased the amount I tip Uber eats due to that 🤣

As for gafs hate boner, lol yeah. But hey at least that’s allowed here, and debate and holding opposing viewpoints is permitted. Which is quite a rarity in communities, and sadly real life these days.

RaduN

Hahaha for sure. And yeah kojima’s great. Death stranding is probably my most memorable and impactful gaming experience in at least the last decade. Definitely helped by playing it during lockdown early in the pandemic, where I had Amazon etc showing up every day. It helped it punch much harder…I increased the amount I tip Uber eats due to that 🤣

As for gafs hate boner, lol yeah. But hey at least that’s allowed here, and debate and holding opposing viewpoints is permitted. Which is quite a rarity in communities, and sadly real life these days.
A..fucking..men

JoduanER2

Last game i liked from lake was control, aw2 was too much fart sniffing for my taste.

And we lost kojima since mgs3, mgs5 gameplay it was not a good mgs game and the plot was trash, ds gave me pubic lices.

You can disagree of course, that's just my opinion.
Alan wake 2 is one of the most pretensious games ive ever played... horrible narrative

I'm gonna absolutely shit my pants when Death Stranding 2 hits. Found the first one shockingly satisfying and great. One of my games of that gen.

Stellar Blade went to Day 1 after the demo as well.

Top Bottom