• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KojimaPro Microsoft Acquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForestVSea

Tt7E6oO.png

The most reputable of sources

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
If this happened, I'd be shocked.

If an acquisition ever happened, I can't help but assume it'd be with Sony over Microsoft because of Kojima's past with them.

Also, what is this website? I've never heard of it before, lol. I'd take anything with a grain of salt until multiple sources bring it up as well. More reputable ones at that.

kebaldo

Kojima runs away from Konami to be more free and build what he wants without any pressure -> 2020 Kojima selling to MS and returning to point 1? Dafq?

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
It's BS. The article was in Hobby Consola's "parody" section and Timdog retweeted it a week ago, but never claimed it was true.

Think we had a thread about it too.

It's funny that people are still responding like this is has any credibility. 😂

On Wednesday next week... in game magazines. 😂

Last edited:

Elios83

This was already debunked :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Also Kojima Productions is not a good investement. They do not own any valuable IP.
You're basically buying the reputation of a game designer who is old enough to retire in a few years if he wanted.

SNG32

If this happened, I'd be shocked.

If an acquisition ever happened, I can't help but assume it'd be with Sony over Microsoft because of Kojima's past with them.

Also, what is this website? I've never heard of it before, lol. I'd take anything with a grain of salt until multiple sources bring it up as well. More reputable ones at that.

I don't see microsoft giving him as much freedom to go completely bat shit in his games. So it could be a good thing if true.

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Could they be acquired? Sure, but this article has 0 evidence.

The source is a TimDog reply saying "Oh my" in response to someone tweeting a random Spanish magazine saying they might acquire KojiPro. TimDog is just a Xbox fanboy. He often tweets stuff like "wow" or "big" to unsubstantiated rumors. I would not use his tweets as a source.

kuncol02

Banned
Could they be acquired? Sure, but this article has 0 evidence.

The source is a TimDog reply saying "Oh my" in response to someone tweeting a random Spanish magazine saying they might acquire KojiPro. TimDog is just a Xbox fanboy. He often tweets stuff like "wow" or "big" to unsubstantiated rumors. I would not use his tweets as a source.
That article was a joke.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
LOL

Why would any Japanese developer sell to a company with virtually zero market-share in Japan?

AlexxKidd

No. 1: KojimaPro does not own anything to buy.

No. 2: You can buy "KojimaPro" but not Hideo Kojima. If he walks, you've bought a fancy name that means nothing without the man.

This is why Sony will work with KojimaPro on via contracts, but will not attempt to outright purchase it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom