• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami will announce a new game at TGS2022 that is described as being part of a series that is "beloved around the world"

Draugoth

Gold Member
https://www.konami.com/games/event/tgs/stage_schedule.html

FbfMQLZXEAUYu25

Konami will announce a new game at TGS 2022 that is described as being part of a series that is "beloved around the world"

Last edited:
I think the only in-house devs they have make eFootball, unless they've decided to outsource some of their ips (which is rumoured to be happening).

SSfox

If it's MGS i won't care if Kojima isn't involved.

Silent Hill or Castlevania would be awesome, few devs in the industry has potential to make great games in the genre.

Woopah

I expected it to be the new Castlevania but VGC is saying no. Bomberman has already been announced so maybe eFootball?

Pallas

Counting out MGS, Castlevania and Silent Hill … Could low key be something related to Suikoden which is funny because I imagine the success of Eiyuden Chronicles kickstarter opened some eyes.

Other possibilities:
Yugioh
Frogger
DDR
Zone of the Enders
Bomberman

Reactions: Isa

Pagusas

Elden Member
is MGS loved around the world? I thought it was more just a Japan/US loved game.

Silient Hill is too niche to be called loved around the world. Same with Zone of the Enders (even though I'd love a new game in the series!)

DDR is loved around the world, but pretty sure its time has passed and no one would care now.

Bomberman is hardly worth the characters I used to type its name. No one cares about Frogger.

Castlevania is basically a dead franchise only loved by retro self hating basement dwellers, it wouldn't be worth the dev cost to make a new one unless it was given a indy budget.

So I don't know what it could be, but I'm guessing its MGS and they are just being loose with the "around the world' phrasing

Last edited:

Holammer

A new Goemon where they redesign the characters and switch up the setting to fit current year trends, again.
If they want my love and adoration, release the Wii Rebirth games on PC and consoles. It would be free money.

Mitsurux

Could be almost anything Konami has a lot of "beloved" ips.. maybe pull something out of the Hudson library?

TidusYuna

Counting out MGS, Castlevania and Silent Hill … Could low key be something related to Suikoden which is funny because I imagine the success of Eiyuden Chronicles kickstarter opened some eyes.

Other possibilities:
Yugioh
Frogger
DDR
Zone of the Enders
Bomberman

Could be Yugioh or Zone of the Enders, I'm assuming it will be something that will require some type of Voice acting since Yuki Kaji (Voice of Eren Yaeger A.O.T.) will be a guest as well as others which were not named. It is worth pointing out that Yuki Kaji was a voice actor for Jowy Atreides in the Suikoden 2 Drama CD.

Really hope it is Suikoden. Konami has been doing a lot of ports of older classics lately so my guess it is just a modern port of Suikoden 1 & 2 with added voice acting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom