• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KT announced Atelier Resleriana: Forgotten Alchemy & the Liberator of Polar Night for PC, Mobile

NanaMiku

A few days ago, Koei Tecmo announced that they will announced a new entry in the Atelier series. Last night, they announced Atelier Resleriana: Forgotten Alchemy & the Liberator of Polar Night for PC and mobile.

The story is written by takahiro (Akame ga Kill, Yuki Yuna is a Hero) and the developer is Akatsuki Games. Character design is Umiugeso and tokki. More details on Gematsu

Atelier fans are angry lol

ff11d9aa1c.png

Recent game, sure. But there a lot of game with timeline system

Mana Khemia (also Atelier) also have timeline system
59bff484ba83e16616000ce025a7eab3-480-80.jpg
Indeed, plenty of games have a timeline system.

The mechanics revolving around the timeline system are different.

MK looks like a game with much more granular control for moves and skills you can use.

On a surface level, the new Atelier game looks to have 2 skills, a burst skill, and enemy break bars with weaknesses to facilitate an auto-battler flow which seems similar to HSR.

NanaMiku

Indeed, plenty of games have a timeline system.

The mechanics revolving around the timeline system are different.

MK looks like a game with much more granular control for moves and skills you can use.

On a surface level, the new Atelier game looks to have 2 skills, a burst skill, and enemy break bars with weaknesses to facilitate an auto-battler flow which seems similar to HSR.
Well, at least it seems in the Atelier game you can use item in battle lol

Timeline-based command battle system looking a bit like Honkai Star Rail.

b4ILbmu.png
Today's reminder that this turn-based system was invented by Final Fantasy X back in 2001

Honkai Star Rail is a very high profile recent user of this system though, I recognized it immediately when I started into HSR the first time

Last edited:
Today's reminder that this turn-based system was invented by Final Fantasy X back in 2001

Honkai Star Rail is a very high profile recent user of this system though, I recognized it immediately when I started into HSR the first time
Too bad HSR's system doesn't come anywhere near the depth of FFX. It can get pretty boring repeating the same 3 moves on autopilot all the time.

Maybe Atelier having items during battle will be a big difference since they could be synthesized for special effects.

Chastten

Banned
Not sure what to think about this not being a console game, but for now I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Even though KoeiTecmo games usually have tons of extremely overpriced DLC, it's almost always optional fanservice I can do without.

At least there is probably gonna be lots of inspiration for cosplay so there's that.

Top Bottom