• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kurt Russell eyed for Star Lords father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan299

q1JoshU.png

Pic via Heroic Hollywood.

As “The Hateful Eight” prepares to storm theaters, its star Kurt Russell has emerged as James Gunn‘s choice to play Chris Pratt‘s father in Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” multiple individuals familiar with the film’s casting process have told TheWrap.

Diesel just worked with Russell on “Furious 7,” though it’s unclear whether Diesel lobbied Gunn to cast Russell or played any part in his potential recruitment.

Production will begin early next year, with Disney releasing “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” on May 5, 2017. The original space opera grossed $774 million worldwide.

More info @ the Wrap. I like this choice if it happens as Russell rocks. Lock if old.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
As long as Richard Dean Anderson's the O'Neill in Emmerich's upcoming Stargate reboot, Kurt Russel can be Thanos for all I care.

I know.

Anyway, on-topic: cool choice.

commedieu

Banned
I was watching Big Trouble in Little China last night. Wouldn't Chris Pratt be a good lead for BTILC?

Yes please, though, for OP.

hermit7

But who is Star Lord's father? Are they changing it for MCU? I vote Adam Warlock but what the hell do I know.

From what I have read it is going to be a different character.

There hasn't been an indication of who it is however other than the lines from the first film.

RangerX

Banned
But who is Star Lord's father? Are they changing it for MCU? I vote Adam Warlock but what the hell do I know.

Star Lord is essentially a completely different character from the comics. The only thing they share is the name. They've already said that his father will be different from the comics. I highly doubt it will be Adam Warlock though.

Tobor

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall Thanos grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye, and asks you if you paid your dues; you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yes sir, the check is in the mail."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom