• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kurt Russell eyed for Star Lords father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Then it turns out that Childs was human and MacReady was The Thing, and after Childs froze to death, MacReady-Thing got rescued and fell in love with Star Lord's mom when he made it back to civilization.

Keep coming at me with your presence on the big screen, Kurt. I'll keep showing up.

A Hollywood legend who continues to fly under the radar and is unappreciated by the masses.

Penguin

I do like their movies, but it has gotten harder for me to care about casting news for their non-heroic roles since some have just been a waste of talent.

We'll see

BossLackey

Gold Member
It would be pretty great. I love me some Kurt Russell and him and Chris Pratt being related is pretty believable.

Dalek

post-28667-Kurt-Russell-cheating-bitch-gi-4rkh.gif

hahahaha perfect!

Shaanyboi

Banned
Star Lord having a different father from J'Sonn is made all the more confusing by this since I would say Kurt Russell would be a perfect J'Sonn

Tobor

finally, someone with true vision :)

I hate remakes as much as the next guy, but... when in hollywood.

Instead of a remake, why not make a new Jack Burton adventure starring Pratt?

Have him time travel from the 80's to present day, for starters. :)

Star Lord is essentially a completely different character from the comics. The only thing they share is the name. They've already said that his father will be different from the comics. I highly doubt it will be Adam Warlock though.

I don't know... I think since Bendis took over (basically since the movie came out) he has become a HELL of a lot more like the MCU version. (unfortunately). He went from "Annihilation war hero/tactical genius type guy" to "rascally slacker smirking and scratching the back of his head with 80's toys all over his spaceship".

And to a lesser extent, Gamora and Drax have become more like their movie counterparts, as has Knowhere as a setting.

DeathyBoy

Banned
If this is true, he better be in Avengers 3. All Hell breaks loose and they come to Papa Starlord for aid.

'I don't give a damn about your war, or your Earth.'

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Just reminds me that Pratt would have been a good pick for the Big Trouble remake.

RangerX

Banned
I don't know... I think since Bendis took over (basically since the movie came out) he has become a HELL of a lot more like the MCU version. (unfortunately). He went from "Annihilation war hero/tactical genius type guy" to "rascally slacker smirking and scratching the back of his head with 80's toys all over his spaceship".

And to a lesser extent, Gamora and Drax have become more like their movie counterparts, as has Knowhere as a setting.

I haven't read the new Guardians run since the film came out but thats to be expected with Marvel books now. Just like what they did with Scarlet witch and Quicksilver. Disappointed about Knowhere though. I loved that place in the comic.

There hasn't been an indication of who it is however other than the lines from the first film.
All they state is that it's something very old and powerful, right? I dunno why they'd do that, but whatever. Maybe it's Eros.
---------------------------------------------------
Maybe we will get this scene

avengers1.jpg
He got his ass handed to him so bad and made literally the worst decisions possible. Although, he was also against Gladiator trying to kill young Jean Grey, if I recall. So, points to him for that, I guess.
Star Lord having a different father from J'Sonn is made all the more confusing by this since I would say Kurt Russell would be a perfect J'Sonn
Yeah. Why would they need to change it? Don't feel like bringing in the Spartax? Or are the rights somehow tied to FOX?
Don't call it a comeback.
He's been here for years
Ego for no goddamn reason. Like dude your little empire barely registers compared to the big 3.
The Spartois are so garbage
I haven't read the new Guardians run since the film came out but thats to be expected with Marvel books now. Just like what they did with Scarlet witch and Quicksilver. Disappointed about Knowhere though. I loved that place in the comic.

What they did to Wanda and Pietro was even dumber than what people originally thought it was going to be.

I misread the title as "Sith Lord's" father...

I gotta see Star Wars soon or I'll go insane.

Although Kurt Russell as a Sith Lord's father might actually work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom