• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady Gaga's Massive 2016 Comeback (Super Bowl, Bowie Tribute, Oscar?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Lady Gaga and I was/am a huge Bowie fan but for some reason she does seem the best person to play his tunes at the Grammys. If that makes any sense?

Nervously looking forward to it :)

Revolver

I don't like Lady Gaga and I was/am a huge Bowie fan but for some reason she does seem the best person to play his tunes at the Grammys. If that makes any sense?

I don't mind Gaga that much. I mean I think she's a good vocalist and obviously a Bowie fan. But I would've liked to see some artists he admired like Reznor, Iggy, Pixies or Arcade Fire too. I imagine she'll do fine for the setting.

Well she is a huge fan of his

ladygaga-davidbowie.jpg

bowie_gaga-2.jpg

So it makes sense in some ways. She also draws a lot of inspiration from his as far as gender-bending and playing with different characters and sounds. It's a great fit.

clemenx

Banned
Artpop was fine. She's still fine at everything she does. I dont' know if she cares about being #1 and super popular but because of the quality of her work it wasn't that she "fell off"

But the more live appereances Gaga gets the better. Gaga live performances >>>>>> all

So for you cynics, what are your thoughts on her 2016 hustle?
I think its all for naught. The music buying public has demonstrated that they are not here for her offerings, however highly praised. And constantly crooning the songs of her betters only serves to demonstrate precisely what she lacks in her own works.

XXxjTy8.gif

Gaga is coming back fellow sisterns. Bieber and Godele should be scared right now, cause Godga is about to snatch that #1

The lead single is expected to be explosive and blow your socks off so y'all better be wearing them straps!

rF81oCe.gif

studyguy

I can never tell whether or not to take PopGAF at face value, but I usually default to not believing a thing they say.

Well she is a huge fan of his

So it makes sense in some ways. She also draws a lot of inspiration from his as far as gender-bending and playing with different characters and sounds. It's a great fit.

I guess. She culls from all the chameleon dress-up artists, like David Bowie, Madonna, Bjork, Cher, etc.

Phreaker

Gaga is coming back fellow sisterns. Bieber and Godele should be scared right now, cause Godga is about to snatch that #1

The lead single is expected to be explosive and blow your socks off so y'all better be wearing them straps!

rF81oCe.gif

I hope it's THE pop album of 2016. If anyone can do it, she can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom