• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Largest protest in Korean history, demanding for President Park's resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Choi's father "channeled" the spirit of Park's dead mother in front of Park and this convinced Park that Choi's father and Choi herself had actual, real connections to her dead mother and were in fact the only connections to her dead mother.

When life imitates the plot of an Ace Attorney game...

I have friends in Seoul. I hope things stay peaceful and any regime change is bloodless.

Steel

Banned
Given that the year is 2016 I wonder how badly this can turn out.

Choi's father "channeled" the spirit of Park's dead mother in front of Park and this convinced Park that Choi's father and Choi herself had actual, real connections to her dead mother and were in fact the only connections to her dead mother.

Yeah. This is 2016.

Regiruler

It's really hard to be angry abput this for some reason, probably because it just seems strange more than terrifying. My first reaction is pity, not indignation.
That crowd is infinitely bigger than I would have thought.
ask me if I care? this is not English composition.
That is the form of a question for some reason?

The SK President is unfit to lead, based on what I've read about the cult. She needs to resign and honestly probably needs to seek mental health assistance.

Peru

Fourth weekend of protests

CxnHd0FUoAAbh6w.jpg

Democracy is dead. These protests if anything prove it.

Nothing has happened since they started protesting :(

In the sense that people still have enough spirit to fight injustice. I really doubt anything will cause a resignation. I just hope the death is as painful as possible.

Peru

Her career as a politician is dead, even if we have to wait the year until the next election, she's not getting anything done in the time that's left. Luckily it seems some of her cronies go down with her, and with that this thing will have killed of quite a few people and groups that represent corruption and anti-democratic policies. Hopefully the party will be punished as well.

Peaceful protests don't work if you just stonewall the protesters, apparently.

Not if, but when president Park goes down, she's going to take a lot of rats down with her. This is about putting the fear of God on the face of corruption, and make a whole lot of people sweat and dread their lives.

tbm24

Reading all about this Is something else. How she hasn't stepped down is incredible given these protests. She's lost the country. I.....really hope it's made into a Korean Drama. It definitely reads like one.

Democracy is dead. These protests if anything prove it.

Nothing has happened since they started protesting :(

4% approval rating and some of the biggest protests in mankinds history and shes still holding onto power. Democracy aint exactly thriving.

Theres a law that protects the president for being tried while president. The president is allowed to be investigated during the presidency and will most likely by tried and held accountable after the next election. Park believes she is serving in the best interests of the country so she aint resigning

In the sense that people still have enough spirit to fight injustice. I really doubt anything will cause a resignation. I just hope the death is as painful as possible.

That's a bit harsh. other than this situation, her biggest issue is her lack of communication and secrecy. But if you know her history, it kinda makes sense due to her upbringing. She was in the blue house due to her dad at a young age. watched her mom get murdered from someone on the outside along with everyone else since it was televised. became the first lady in place of her mom. then later witnessed her father get assassinated from someone on the inside. So the secrecy and lack of trust kinda makes sense.

they really should make a movie about her life.

That's a bit harsh. other than this situation, her biggest issue is her lack of communication and secrecy. But if you know her history, it kinda makes sense due to her upbringing. She was in the blue house due to her dad at a young age. watched her mom get murdered from someone on the outside along with everyone else since it was televised. became the first lady in place of her mom. then later witnessed her father get assassinated from someone on the inside. So the secrecy and lack of trust kinda makes sense.

they really should make a movie about her life.

I obviously mean in the political sense. She's well deep in her grave now (again, politically), might as well use this opportunity to sniff out more rats.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I doubt Park will resign unless Choi tells her to.

And Choi's totally not gonna tell her to.

When someone is so deeply brainwashed by someone else, how do you even get that person to act independently again?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I doubt Park will resign unless Choi tells her to.

And Choi's totally not gonna tell her to.

When someone is so deeply brainwashed by someone else, how do you even get that person to act independently again?

Let Gandalf near her (with staff)

UK and USA boasting about having the stupidest politics, like kids getting drunk for the first time.
South Korea is shaking it's head and calling us out for the lightweights we are.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Completely crazy situation. Had no idea about the deep madness untill those recent developments.

There's also one hell of a movie waiting to happen with this scandal.

About time, glad shes finally realizing oh hey maybe I should get the heck out of here before this turns ugly. Also glad the Korean people have been having mass protests but not mass riots. Shows that it can be done the right way when you need too. (Though I don't doubt there are some taking advantage on a smaller scale)

Hopefully this is another nail in the coffin of the clearly corrupt elites though, their general control over that country has been way to much and everyone knew it. They are going after more and more people who had connections so this will be a long running thing.

Only thing I'm kinda disappointed in is the current supposed list of replacements being fairly uninteresting and standard fare.

Time to take notes, my fellow Americans.

She was about to successfully be convicted of crime.

What on fucking earth hasn't been dug up about Trump yet. People really think he will fuck up big enough to get impeached? In a Republican controlled Congress?

ibyea

Banned
South Korean citizens have previously made a president resign and another one to give them democracy. This is just keeping up with tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom