• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Layers of Fear Revealed | Coming in 2023 to Xbox Series, PC (EGS) and PlayStation 5

Draugoth

Gold Member
FU1bJwLXwA8FyhO

Last edited:
Bloober Team gets bloobed on around these parts, but I'm one of those weirdos who is glad they're around. I enjoyed The Medium and Observer. I fell off of Layers of Fear 2 but before I did, it had some seriously unsettling imagery. The ending of Blair Witch was really effective horror, imo: having to progress through a house with the witch without being able to look at her.

Good 6/7 out of 10 games, with high-fidelity art design and settings. I think they get too much hate just because their games don't have much gameplay. They're kind of like books: you got to invest and play along with the charade to feel the horror.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

Maybe someday we can hope they put their good artist team to a good substance aka good story and not just gibberish tryhard psychological nonsense.

Last edited:

CamHostage

New trailer, which I'm assuming is in-engine from a gameplay perspective (sort of, but cut up / mocked up for the trailer) and thus hopefully a better example of what this game will do when it comes out early next year.

Last edited:
Got bored halfway through the first one. The art design was good but the lack of any kind of gameplay mechanics made it difficult to stay interested. The whole game is just, walk into next room -> story/jump scare -> walk into next room -> repeat.

Got bored halfway through the first one. The art design was good but the lack of any kind of gameplay mechanics made it difficult to stay interested. The whole game is just, walk into next room -> story/jump scare -> walk into next room -> repeat.
Agreed. There's one moment in Layers of Fear 2 that's not a jump scare that got to me on a primal level. They should go for more of that sort of thing.

Also their games are way too long. They need an editor badly. Cut their 5 out of 10 games into 7/8s

Last edited:

Arachnid

I'm a horror junkie and Bloober hasn't put out anything beyond mediocre. Never played the second but the first LoF was one of the worst horror games I've ever played. Strong meh

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'm not giving this thing the time of day unless there's a demo or a massive sale.

I was interested in Bloober for years but never got around to playing their games. I bought The Medium last month for PS5. What an absolute bore. Seriously one of the dumbest games I've played in a long while and completely deflated any type of interest I had in the studio.

ZoukGalaxy

Gold Member
This reveal sounds like a new Wii "U" fiasco, let's use a confusing name already existing so people can not understand if it's a new/remaster/remake/whatever game.

Good job đź‘Ś

Top Bottom