• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LCD Soundsystem to release two new singles tonight!

Just started listening to Call the Police, first impression is bland as balls and the intro sounds like U2. Disappointed so far, hopefully track two is better...

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just started listening to Call the Police, first impression is bland as balls and the intro sounds like U2. Disappointed so far, hopefully track two is better...

I listened to both this morning on the way to drop my kid off at school before work.

I had the exact same impression. It didn't sound bad. Rather just boring. Like they are older (which they are) and sorta lost their edge so to speak kinda like modern U2.

Mr. Hyde

Great songs. I would get the U2 impression if you mean when they were in their prime. It's not their usual sound but I'm excited to hear more.

Blader

I listened to both this morning on the way to drop my kid off at school before work.

I had the exact same impression. It didn't sound bad. Rather just boring. Like they are older (which they are) and sorta lost their edge so to speak kinda like modern U2.

The kids...are coming up from behind...

Polari

I'm not really sold on either track. "Call the Police" seems like a pretty by the numbers attempt at an anthem, while "American Dream" is not a touch on their better ballads like "Never As Tired As I'm Waking Up".

Will see them for the fourth time if they tour anywhere near me though, for sure.

As an aside, the new !!! song "The One 2" is great.

Top Bottom