• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

Edwardo

TL4mZvq.png

Streams
Twitch
Twitch 2
YouTube
Azubu EU LCS
Azubu NA LCS
Chinese Live Streaming

You can find links to each of these streams on the Offical League of Legends E-Sports website: NA | EU

VODs
lolesports.com VODs
Reddit LoL Event VODs
Riot LCS YouTube VoDs
Chinese LPL video list

Riot recently said they will be saving VoDs as individual matches and full broadcasts on their Twitch and LCS YouTube channels.

Info on the LPL Stream and VoDs
Day 1's live broadcast will feature all four Best of 2 matches. Day 2 and Day 3 broadcasts will include the first two LPL Best of 2 matches on the RiotGames stream, with LCK matches following after the games are over and local OPL coverage picking up over on RiotGamesOceania. Beyond Week 1, the remaining unaired LPL matches for Day 2 and Day 3 will be released as VODs in English on Monday.

[UPDATE] For those Week 1 matches that are aired, the full broadcast-length VODs will be available immediately through YouTube and Twitch auto-recordings. However, individual, match-length VODs of the first week's matches will not be available due to technical restrictions related to spinning up this new broadcast. Unfortunately, this also means that there will be no English-language VODs for the first week's unaired matches. However, providing VODs of English-language LPL broadcasts is a high priority, and we’re working on a solution to resolve these issues as soon as possible.

------------

Stay up to date with all of the latest League of Legends Championship Series News
There is always plenty of new content, including:
  • Ask the Pros
  • Game Breakdowns
  • Power Rankings
  • Interviews
  • Fantasy LCS News and Strategies

------------

Teams
NA LCS
Cloud 9 | Counter Logic Gaming | Gravity | Team 8 | Team Coast | Team Dignitas |Team Impulse | Team Liquid | Team SoloMid | Winterfox

EU LCS
Copenhagen Wolves | Elements | Fnatic | Gambit Gaming | Giants Gaming | H2k | Meet Your Makers | ROCCAT | SK Gaming | Unicorns of Love

LCK (Champions Korea)
CJ Entus | GE Tigers | Incredible Miracle | Jin Air Green Wings | KT Rolster | Najin e-mFire | Sumsung Galaxy | SK Telecom T1

LPL China
EDward Gaming | Energy Pacemaker | Gamtee | Invictus Gaming | LGD Gaming | OMG | Snake | Star Horn Royal Club | Team King | Team WE | Master3 | Vici Gaming
Official LPL site with teams, etc...

LMS Taiwan
Ahq e-Sports Club | DarlingYou | Hong Kong Esports | Logitech Snipers | Machi Crew | Midnight Sun e-Sports | Taipei Assassins | yoe Flash Wolves

esportspedia Season 5 Roster Swaps
Reddit Megathread of LCS Season 5 Roster Changes (NA/EU)

------------

Spring Split Standings
TBD

Spring Split Playoffs

------------

Weekly Schedule

Tuesday
EU Challenger Series - 12:00 PM EST
NA Challenger Series - 9:00 PM EST

Wednesday
LCK - 4:00 AM EST
EU Challenger Series - 12:00 PM EST
Prime Time League - 6:00 PM EST

Thursday
EU LCS - 12:00PM EST

Friday
LPL China - 12:00AM EST
LCK - 4:00AM EST
EU LCS - 12:00PM EST

Saturday
LCK - 3:00 AM EST
LMS Taiwan - 7:00AM EST
NA LCS - 3:00PM EST

Sunday
LMS Taiwan - 7:00AM EST
NA LCS - 3:00PM EST

Full Schedule

Check out E-Sport Calendar for daily League of Legends tournament schedules updated in your local timezones.
The esport calendar website has been down for a while now, but you can add it to your xml, ical, or html calendar that supports it!

------------

NA/EU LCS Format
  • 9 Weeks (Double Round Robin).
  • Matches are Best of One.
  • 10 Matches Per Week
  • Each team plays 18 matches per split
  • 1st place and 2nd place secure first round byes in the playoffs
  • 7th place re-qualifies for LCS next split, but will not participate in the playoffs
  • 8th and 9th place LCS teams will play against the 2nd and 3rd place Challenger Series teams for a spot in the LCS at the Promotion Tournament. The 8th place LCS team will choose their Challenger opponent.
  • 10th place will automatically be relegated to the Challenger Series. The 1st place Challenger team automatically qualifies into the LCS

Season 5 LCS changes
  • 10 teams per region (Two additional teams were added via the Expansion Tournament)
  • Updated Summoner's Rift
  • Playoff teams cannot be relegated
  • Head Coaches have been added to the Pick/Ban Phase of the game.
  • Teams play each other twice. (Previously four times)

LPL China Format
  • Matches are Best of two
  • 2:0 Winning team receive 3 points
  • 1:1 Both teams receive 1 point
  • Each team plays all of the other teams twice
  • Top 8 teams advance to the playoffs
  • Bottom 4 teams drop to the 2015 LPL Summer Promotion

LCK (Champions Korea) Format
Regular Season:
  • 2 x 6 weeks
  • First half - Jan 7th to Feb 14th
  • Second half - Feb 25th to Apr 11th
  • Double Round Robin
  • All games are Best of 3
  • Substitutions can done in between games
  • Top 4 teams will qualify for the Playoffs.

Special Awards are given to selected players after the season:
  • A Season MVP award will be given to one player.
  • After each match, the press will decide the MVP and award points: Season: 100 points | Playoffs: 300 points | Finals: 500 points
  • A KDA award will be given to one player of each role.
  • The player of each role (Top, Jungle, Mid, AD Carry, and Support) who has the highest Kill-Death-Assist rate will win.

LMS Taiwan Format
  • Each team plays all of the other teams three times, for a total of 84 matches
  • Each match is best of one
  • Top 4 teams advance to the playoffs

------------

Fantasy LCS
Fantasy LCS puts you in charge of your own hand-picked team of LCS pros. Build your team, scout the competition, watch the LCS, and compete each week against your friends. Outplay your competition and lead your fantasy team to victory. For news, rules, and instructions on how to play, visit Fantasy LCS.

------------

For more League of Legends fun and discussion, check out League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos , or join channel "NeoGAF" in-game.

------------

Thank you Zkylon for the banner

Einbroch

Banned
I'm interested to see if we'll see newer teams rise to power as they adapt to the new meta or if it'll be the same as always.

Blizzard

Banned
Subscribing since I've lost track of LCS for a while, and this is the first time I've tried the fantasy team thing. Now I have people to root for!

Welp, I'm excited. :)

Would it be helpful for me to make a post of all the changes team-wise for the NA LCS? Just because there's been a lot of off-season moving in and out and around.

Edwardo

I have room for 4 in my Fantasy LCS league with my friends. Feel free to join. Just make sure you will actually check your team every week.

quote for link

zkylon

zkylewd
i missed lcs too much

my blind hopes are:

korea: cj and skt to do well because madlife and faker <3
china: flame's team? or insec's team? china too confusing
na: i want new curse to do well because for some reason i don't understand i like curse
eu: no one cares about eu lol

Edwardo

i missed lcs too much

my blind hopes are:

korea: cj and skt to do well because madlife and faker <3
china: flame's team? or insec's team? china too confusing
na: i want new curse to do well because for some reason i don't understand i like curse
eu: no one cares about eu lol

I think a CJ resurgence would be pretty cool.

Ya, tons of roster changes in China this year. I'm interested in Vici Gaming, the team with Vasilii, Dandy, and Mata.

Team Liquid aka new Curse looks promising. I'm really looking forward to watching NA matches this season.

Puaru1

I usually really like watching pro league, but god, watching the Korean stream is just so boring. It seems like there are about 15 or so champs being picked. and I'm seeing Kassadin, Sivir, Jarvan, and Lee Sin almost every game. The Chinese stream has been much more diverse but the guy running the camera is making it move weird and I start to get a little sick feeling.

Blizzard

Banned
Is PrimeTime League the only thing on? The two Azubu links in the OP give me 404's, the YouTube link only seems to have PTL, and the second riotgames Twitch one is down.

Is anyone that affects Fantasy LCS playing where they can be watched at the moment?

Blizzard

Banned
EXTREEEEEEEME closeup.

I'm guessing this PTL thing is just talking about teams and there are no live games that can be watched at the moment?

Einbroch

Banned
They really need to work on their presentation. The new map, new launcher, new skins, and all that look great. But their LCS side is sooooo lacking.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok guys let's butt brains and get us that pretty ahri skin

top 3 most played midlaners

ori
ziggs
nidalee

?

Nekofrog

Banned
xerath, ziggs, ori, and adc mids will probably be popular this season with assassin nerfs. anything that gives moderate early-mid powerspikes and objective control (triforce orientated ADCs mid, lane control/aoe mages like ziggs/xerath)

and azir because it's azir

zkylon

zkylewd
i think idea was to say most played mids in 2014 tho lol

and i don't see azir going through one more patch without nerfs

Nekofrog

Banned
i think idea was to say most played mids in 2014 tho lol

and i don't see azir going through one more patch without nerfs

the azir thing is reliant on the ability of people to play it well

or it'll just be banned and nobody has to worry about it

it'll be like kassadin

permabannd for almost 2 years before he gets touched lol

zkylon

zkylewd
doubt it since he's not permaban already and he's definitely gonna get nerfed

if the nerf is alright i see him being very contested but azir's a cool champion so i'd be pleased about that

also omg faker you're too adorable for this world

Great OT even if to be honest this thread needs more inSeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeec!!
Unfortunately Englishl broadcasting of the LPL doesn't show the players and also doesn't show all the matches. If anyone is interested, here are some Chinese links:
Official LPL site with teams, etc...
Chinese Live Streaming
Chinese LPL video list
also link to LCK needs fixing since it's pointing to lcs

here's the correct link: http://na.lolesports.com/lck/2015/spring/overview

TomShoe

Banned
Does anyone know what times the EU/NA Challenger Series games are going to be? That's 6 days of League a week, I can't keep up.

Top Bottom