• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leak: little big Planet 1,2 and 3 are coming to Steam

Draugoth

Gold Member
vQqEXW0BefsUqAyJTelwjmuA.png

It seems that a Remaster Trilogy or each individual game is coming to Steam

Last edited:

Certinty

3 was such a huge disappointment. 1 and 2 were great though.

If enough PC players give this a go and create enough good content, this could end up being really solid.

Makes you wonder how and why it took so long though.

ThisIsMyDog

1 and 2 were great, they should create a sequel focusing on 2D platformers and not an all-in-one game engine like Dreams, which are unsuitable for consoles because there is no community like on PC where the likes of Garrys Mod is quite a success and has gigantic amounts of players many years after its release.

Just give us Little Big Planet 4 which goes back to its roots.

wvnative

this is beyond fake. porting these games would be an insane feat. maybe LBP3 if Sony really wanted to, but i don't see it.

it's not happening friends

Holammer

I'll buy it, even if it is stripped of online functionality. But a re-release as a trilogy with new servers on PS4, PS5 & PC would make a lot sense.
One of many PS3 era games that would look great with unlocked framerate and resolution.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
That's neat, if it can ever makes it revive the interest for people to create. I would be in if it's cross play.

Thinking of it, anyone know if dreams is going to work for psvr2?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Thats another 3 game exclusives struck down.

Interestingly, LBP and Dreams kinds of games should be the first games to port over. It's not like they are giant console franchises. And the PC community is huge into community creation games. For big PC sales and building up the PC market, LBP/Dreams should had been priorities two years ago.

Sweden85

Thats another 3 game exclusives struck down.

Interestingly, LBP and Dreams kinds of games should be the first games to port over. It's not like they are giant console franchises. And the PC community is huge into community creation games. For big PC sales and building up the PC market, LBP/Dreams should had been priorities two years ago.

14 years of total exclusivity isn't enough..

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'd be very interested in a remastered LittleBigPlanet 1. I have such fond memories of it. Getting to play online again with others and especially on the custom levels would rule.

Chukhopops

Id spend ten bucks maximum to replay LBP1, it was so-so gameplay wise but the soundtrack was amazing.

2 and 3 were crap if I remember correctly.

Really curious what kind of market research led Sony to port those games instead of other PS3 ones.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Id spend ten bucks maximum to replay LBP1, it was so-so gameplay wise but the soundtrack was amazing.

2 and 3 were crap if I remember correctly.

Really curious what kind of market research led Sony to port those games instead of other PS3 ones.

IMO 2 was the better game, as it added a few new mechanics, tightened up the controls a bit, and improved the online. The boss encounters were worse though. I just enjoyed 1 more as it was a unique new experience at the time.

3 I didn't care for. The premise, adding different characters with different abilities, sounded so amazing on paper. Unfortunately they really failed on the quality of the level designs, and it has the worst music of the three.

Last edited:

Solidus_T

If they manage to do this and keep all of the player created content, it would be a dream come true. These games are wildly underrated.
I had a great time playing the first two on PS3 - I would occasionally fire them up years after until the servers went down to see that others were *still* playing these games online.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
It would, but i think they are porting the games first where they think they can make the most money with and maybe Dreams didn't do to well.
tbh, i dont think how dreams could make money in the first place, its too niche.

Bridges

BIG if true, LBP was the whole reason I got a PS3 and I was obsessed with that game. Never played 2, and 3 was kinda eh, but I still have such a fondness for this series.

mrmustard

Banned
tbh, i dont think how dreams could make money in the first place, its too niche.
Garrys mod was super niche too and had 120 millions in revenue. But i think if Dreams comes, it will be super low on Sony's priority list.

Last edited:

SiahWester

There really aren't enough games like LBP. If it could somehow make its way to PC that would be amazing. While we're at it why not bring over Dreams?

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
If it comes to PC I find it hard to believe they won't also be ported to PS5. I don't even think the servers for LBP1-2 are up anymore.

That said, these games never played that well. Sackboy is by far the best playing game in the franchise.

Last edited:

Crayon

I don't believe this one. Seems like it would be too complicated to bring these over. They would have to be working on a big reset and rerelease for console, too. A crossplay one. These are not so simple to just port over I would think.

wvnative

I don't believe this one. Seems like it would be too complicated to bring these over. They would have to be working on a big reset and rerelease for console, too. A crossplay one. These are not so simple to just port over I would think.

Yeah its BS. Not only technically, but look at the dev/publisher.

It's a troll submission.

poodaddy

These games are fine. Not great by any means, but they're charming and cute. I'm a fan of all games going to more platforms, so if it's true, great, if it's not, sucks but not too much of a bummer.

Elysion

Banned
I agree with others that this sounds pretty unlikely. Who would even be making this?

Sony missed their opportunity when it comes to LBP when Media Molecule made Dreams, instead of what everyone wanted them to make: a 3d LitteBigPlanet. Dreams has some incredible user-created content, but without a proper single-player campaign starring Sackboy, it lacked the charm of the LBP games. Imagine if Nintendo had made Mario Maker, but without Mario. That‘s how much of a misstep Dreams was.

emmerrei

If they're listed as DLC, maybe they're dlc of that cancelled LBP Hub, in few words a f2p little big planet that got cancelled (before lbp 3) if i don't recall bad.
A f2p LBP is the way.

Top Bottom