• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Spring Sale is live

Draugoth

Gold Member

page_bg_english.webp

If you pay attention to our running list of Steam sale dates you'll already know this, but if you don't then maybe you won't—or maybe you just forgot, that happens too. Regardless, it's that time of year again and here's your reminder: The 2024 Steam Spring Sale is live.

There've been multiple Steam sales and festivals already in 2024, but this is a big one: The Steam Spring Sale is one of the four major seasonal blowouts that lay a beating to our bankbooks every few months. That means deep-cut deals on thousands of games ranging from big-budget releases to cool little indies, plus the usual free Steam sticker for each day of the sale that you pop in to see what's up.

At a glance, it looks like Electronic Arts is going pretty hard in this sale: It's got a big discount on EA Sports FC 24, a bunch of Star Wars games, Mass Effect, and more.

But there's a lot more than that to dig through, so here are a few thoughts to get you started:

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Since physical games on console aren't really as big of a thing anymore, I expect either:
- these deals will all of a sudden look way more appetizing for multiplatform games.
- valve/etc. will double down and make deals even crappier on multiplatform games.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
So is DBZ kakarot legendary edition worth $45 or nah?
If you got a PS5 and ps plus it’s one of the games this month.

The best deal I found this to around is Age of Mythology Extended Edition for $7 instead of $30.

Great way to jump into the game to practice the mechanics before Retold comes out later this year.

Prostogma!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Was kinda hoping Pacific Drive would be on sale, but I guess it’s still a bit too new.

Mister Wolf

Legit great. Fast forward mechanics make the game so well paced now. It’s also much better to me now as an adult compared to when I was a kid trying it out.

I tried playing FF14 these past weeks and realize I don't like it. About 20 hours. Rather just play the single player version of it.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I tried playing FF14 these past weeks and realize I don't like it. About 20 hours. Rather just play the single player version of it.
I said it in the other ff14 thread but that game has always been boring as fuck. Story is told at a snails pace with the worst quests ever in gaming.

FF12 aged like a fine wine.

Prior year GOTY-quality titles used to be $20 base price and $5-10 for Steam sales. B-tier titles would be under $10 on sale within a year of releasing. Now top games are still retailing at full price with sales only taking it down to the $30-40 range years later. I blame it on a couple of things: there are far fewer big ticket single-player games anymore, and Nintendo showed everyone that really high-quality content could still be sold for full price years later with all of their big Switch games.

Didn't know there was a sale coming up. Grabbed Phantom Liberty because I'm replaying CP and loving every second. Playing as a female this time and Panam is having none of my advances. Cmon love, don't be nasty, show us your pasty!

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Not impressed. Epic has better prices.

The Epic games store can be a sweet if you add in coupons and rewards, but with this sale you're only getting a 10% reward booster.

Quasicat

I’ve had Disney Infinity Gold on my wishlist for a few months now. I was going to pay full price ($60) for the bundle, but now it’s $15. Other than that, perhaps I should jump on the Turtles Arcade Collection or some of the Final Fantasy games.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn for the Steam Deck.

Power Pro

I still miss the daily sales that steam sales used to have...every sale just feels like a known quantity at this point. Never a surprise, I know x game I want, is going to be x price when it's on sale, and it's never going to be any different.

Since physical games on console aren't really as big of a thing anymore, I expect either:
- these deals will all of a sudden look way more appetizing for multiplatform games.
- valve/etc. will double down and make deals even crappier on multiplatform games.
It’ll be the later. There’s no incentive to make them better.

Consoles have the incentive to try to make people move to digital but that hasn’t affected steam sales at all in any positive way. Steam sales have gotten progressively worse over the years.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
My entire wishlist is on sale. Goodbye wallet.

My entire Steam wishlist is on sale too - and I'm disappointed as hell by these fake price cuts. These "sale prices" are what the games should actually cost throughout the year instead of a couple of weeks a year. In what universe is this a deal?
gNS5Pw9.jpg

My actual wishlist is at https://gg.deals but none of the games I really want got a price cut.

Top Bottom