• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[LEAK] - TES Travels: Oblivion (PSP)

Gestault

This has no business looking/performing as well as it does. Technical showpieces like this (especially ones previously hidden from the public eye) are fascinating.

Taker34

Banned
Eh, while I think this game looks really impressive, I think you're overestimating the impact it could have had. PSP had three GTAs (and the two 3D ones were truly console-quality, while the PSP Saints Row was a rough facsimile; this wasn't going to be "real" Elder Scrolls either, it was a dungeon crawler/brawler RPG,) it had all of the EA Sports brands, some Final Fantasy games, two God of Wars, a few SOCOMs, a number of Metal Gears, Tekkens, Burnouts, some Silent Hills, some Monster Hunter, a couple Tails, a Kingdom Hearts, a Phantasy Star, a Gran Turismo ... the system had plenty of "game-changers" and the game wasn't changed. It just wasn't the game system that enough gamers were interested in over in the west.

(BTW, although Oblivion was massive, I'm not sure I'd say Elder Scrolls was unavoidable until Skyrim? Either way, back then, when it came to portable versions of hot brands, everybody assumed that the portable version was some cut-down knock-off outside of canon by an unaffiliated developer or a b-team down in the crew, and whether or not that was a fair assessment, they just generally ignored the portable games even if they were good. Lots of people didn't even know a PSP Elder Scrolls title was in the works.)

Agreed, while the PSP version of Oblivion surely would've become some kind of success, it wouldn't be a game changer. After All Oblivion didn't even sold a quarter of Skyrim. TES after Skyrim is a whole different beast.

Auyx

Neo Member
Looks like this is now much more openly available on torrent sites. I found it on a *Cough* Kickass *Cough* Torrent site hope that helps anyone looking for it.

Top Bottom